Free Skins
© Fisana

Photo

A CIVIL WAR REENACTOR OR A RESTLESS GHOST?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 BLACK SHUCK

BLACK SHUCK

Junior Villager

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts
  • Interests:Anything related to the paranormal,secret societies,fast cars, busty women, human behavior, reading, painting, art, magic/magick(high or low),withchcraft/wicca,candles and hot tubs. Just ask, if you are curious and want the truth, not what you want to hear.

Posted 07 April 2011 - 08:42 PM

This is going tot ake some time and right now I dont have it, so saying that, it has to do with me, being a reeanctor, "something " from 1863, who apparently hasn't chose to die, yet, and what made me realize "he" really wasn't from this time or place but from the past and appears to enjoy being stuck in time. I apologize but guests have arrived and simply wanted to start some of it, as a tease, but now to dinner. If any are ill with me, I think you'll find the wait worth it, if not, go lay down on a RR track.

#2 BLACK SHUCK

BLACK SHUCK

Junior Villager

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts
  • Interests:Anything related to the paranormal,secret societies,fast cars, busty women, human behavior, reading, painting, art, magic/magick(high or low),withchcraft/wicca,candles and hot tubs. Just ask, if you are curious and want the truth, not what you want to hear.

Posted 08 April 2011 - 01:23 PM

OK, now I am VERY UNHAPPY. I just spent 30 minutes typing out 2 personal encounters, with 'paranormal beings" at Gettysburg, doing reenactments. I hit the button, and was informed that I did not know how to use the device, so on and so forth. That just sorta makes me "ILL"!!! I know how the thing works aand to waste my time sharing an event(s), just deleate this and the posting above it as one without the other makes no sense.

#3 Caniswalensis

Caniswalensis

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 276 posts

Posted 08 April 2011 - 02:52 PM

Well, at the risk of being told to lay down on a RR track, I will chime in and say that I have had this happen once or twice in various forums. It is a real pain.

Now, If I realize that I am going to be making a lengthy post, especially one that has personal significance to me, I compose my post in a word file and then past it into the forum window.

This makes spelling and grammar easier to check, and I save the word documant so that I have the story later if I need it.

Hope this is helpful, Canis :)

"It is proper for you to doubt ... do not go upon report ... do not go upon tradition ... do not go upon hear-say." ~ Buddha

#4 allege

allege

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 09 April 2011 - 11:50 PM

Hope you plan on retyping the stories I am very interested in hearing them. I have had a couple very interesting experiences at Gettysburg, although those where before i became a reenactor.
Never to suffer would never to have been blessed. -Edgar Allan Poe

#5 BLACK SHUCK

BLACK SHUCK

Junior Villager

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 10 April 2011 - 05:37 PM

Sorry if I sounded somewhat po'ed but the stroy, which I'll tell now might sound questionable, if not downright a joke. Trust me, it is not a joke. In doing reenactments, individuals dress up in as authentic Civil War dress as possible, from replica rifles to uniforms costing several thousands of dollars. So we do taake it seriously, from troop movements ,as history records, to where certain famous soldiers were killed. As it happens, in July, 1st, 2nd, and 3rd, several thousands reenactors, various military groups converge on Gettysburg,P.A.I am part of the North Carolina 26th, who according to records, had the highest fatality rate of any unit on either side and fought on the 1st and the 3rd. On july 2nd, some of us, from the 26th, the 23rd and the 30th, were at "Devil's Den" just taking a break, in what shade was accessable, when this "person" dressed in the best looking reproduction uniform I have ever seen came climbing up the rocks and down toward us, with what we all recognized as a"ammo sack", used to carry large amounts of musket balls/minnie balls. No ammo is allowed on the battlefield nor are ramrods, used to ram dowm ammo,wading, etc. on the rifles, as they serve no purpose and since gunpowder is fired, it would br dngerous to use a ramrod and fforget it was in the barrel and send it flying when fired. Anyway, he was clearly froma Northern state by his speech but the conversation turned very strange. He started handing out ammo, saying as "all out Reb. charge was exppected tomorrow and we'd be busy holding your ground." I thought wel if he's playing character, so will I. I asked him if he knew how Grant was doing at Vicksburg, which fell on July 3rd or 4th. to Union forces. and what did he think of Lincoln? His comments did not reflect as if he had heard anything I had ask. He just kept on dumping out ammo, and thenI noticed, as hot as it was, he was not sweating at all. Not a single drop was on his face and the bag, which I lifted, must have weighted 75 lbs. enough to make anyone sweat. When offered water, he refused saying he didn't have time and rush off. Several got up to see where he went, as it was about 100 yards of clear vision, in a 360 Degree radius and we , well, several of us thought there was something odd about him. He had 30 sec. at best in front of us, and when we got past the last edge of the biggest rock, we looked in both directions, he wasn't here, other reenactors were and we ran to ask them if they had seen a "soldier' fitting his description. Thankfully, some had but only briefly, as one "general" from Georgia said, he seemed to just "vanish" in from of my eyes, which several others quickly agreeded to, seveal appearing rather rattled.I could go into greater detail but the bare fact are thaat it "seems as if a "soldier/ghost, from a Union state, had the joob of passing out ammon, before Pickett's Charge on the 3rd and the defeat of the Confederate Army of Virgina and General R.E. Lee. having been there about 8 or 9 times, I have almost a bookful of stories of "things" I have seen and heard that defy ANY scientific explanation, except they involved, what I call "ghosts" that are trapped there. from July 1st 1863, to July 3rd, 1863 and have no place to go to.

#6 BLACK SHUCK

BLACK SHUCK

Junior Villager

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 10 April 2011 - 06:17 PM

I have some interesting info. re: Fredricksburg and Sharpsburg should anyone be interested.

#7 kskattebo

kskattebo

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 324 posts
  • Interests:Ghosts

Posted 10 April 2011 - 10:35 PM

I'm interested as I said love civil war stuff.
Kevin SkatteboRemember remember the 5th of November the gun powder treason and plot, I know of no reason why the gun powder treason should ever be forgot.

#8 brucekp

brucekp

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 11 April 2011 - 10:27 PM

I'm going to Gettysburg next month (May 2011). It would be great to see/hear something from the battle. I would also like to hear your other stories. I've been to Fredericksburg a number of years ago. Nothing paranormal.

Bruce
There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,Than are dreamt of in your philosophy-ShakespeareLawmakers are studying the possibilty of banning any independent thought and freedom of choice. quoted by insiders: "We can't rely on our citizens to know what is best for them or their families, therefore we cannot permit people to freely make choices on their own. Any citizen suspected of independent thought shall be detained pending a deportation hearing."

#9 BLACK SHUCK

BLACK SHUCK

Junior Villager

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 08:28 PM

I'm going to Gettysburg next month (May 2011). It would be great to see/hear something from the battle. I would also like to hear your other stories. I've been to Fredericksburg a number of years ago. Nothing paranormal.

Bruce

Well they don't show up as advertised but I've had some luck coming inti contact with things of the "paranormal nature" but it was in Dec,. actual dates of the battle, which might or might not have had anything/nothing to do with what I saw. Wish you could schedule time with these "things".

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users