"Fright Night"

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Redhead

Redhead

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,196 posts
  • Interests:Needlework, including counted cross stitch and knitting, reading, dogs, triking (trikes are three wheeled motorcycled if you didn't know) and flower gardening. That is besides the paranormal...

Posted 21 April 2011 - 11:22 AM

I see that this will be released in August this year. Collin Farrell is in the role of the neighbor/vampire, Anton Yelchin is the boy who discovers him, and David Tennant is the entertainer that the boy turns to for help. I remember seeing the first one in the theater and thought it was a great movie. I'm wondering if this updated version will be as good. I see that Chris Sarandon has a cameo in the new one.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1438176/
"Never wrestle with a pig. All you get is dirty and the pig has all the fun." ~ Anon.

#2 BLACK SHUCK

BLACK SHUCK

Junior Villager

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts
  • Interests:Anything related to the paranormal,secret societies,fast cars, busty women, human behavior, reading, painting, art, magic/magick(high or low),withchcraft/wicca,candles and hot tubs. Just ask, if you are curious and want the truth, not what you want to hear.

Posted 21 April 2011 - 06:21 PM

Guess we'll just have to wait and see, won't we? ;)

#3 Shadowperson

Shadowperson

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 33 posts
  • Interests:Just about everything.

Posted 30 April 2011 - 03:32 AM

Really? Hollywood really needs to stop. Really. Like really really they just need to stop. I also remember MTV was planning on remaking the rocky horror picture show back when EMO and guidos were running wild on their network.

*Goes to IMDB*

Well, looks like they're still planning on doing it. Excuse me, I have a cult classic to save.
Posted Image

#4 traveller

traveller

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 41 posts
  • Interests:history reincarnation and past lives givng a helping hand

Posted 03 May 2011 - 05:45 PM

might be good but no one as good as rody mcdowel for that part

#5 RZR666

RZR666

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 10 May 2011 - 06:35 AM

I'm suprised Colin Farrell is starring, I never imagined him in a movie like this, and for that reason alone I'm giving it a chance!
Posted Image

#6 Fly_By_Night

Fly_By_Night

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 25 posts
  • Interests:Flying, reading, and outdoor activities, such as camping, etc.<br />I'm also starting a collection of &quot;true&quot; ghost stories throughout the years.

Posted 17 May 2011 - 08:40 PM

The madness must stop.

They did it to my favorite old television show (Hawaii 5-0), and now one of my favorite old movies.

Grumble, gripe, moan..

(I still have the original Fright Night soundtrack on cassette in my collection somewhere. Have to dig it out.)
"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth."-Marcus Aurelius

#7 Willow

Willow

A sweet kindhearted person, who would dish dirt on her?

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,572 posts

Posted 25 May 2011 - 01:07 PM

I have to agree, it must stop...new ideas for movie plots must be made so they leave the classics alone.
Either write things worth reading,
Or do things worth the writing.

Posted Image

#8 RZR666

RZR666

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 13 June 2011 - 12:43 PM

Now, having witnessed the trailer I'm still of the opinion that this could be a worthy remake!
Posted Image

#9 Moody98

Moody98

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 56 posts
  • Interests:Cemeteries, vampires, werewolves, ghosts, cooking, guitar, skateboarding, horseback riding.

Posted 04 August 2011 - 05:24 AM

This movie looks like another boring horror movie with the title of a good movie. Why bother remaking a movie when you can come up with something original.

#10 beccaluvsghostsntexas

beccaluvsghostsntexas

Looking for some frozen butt snowfairies.......

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,070 posts
  • Interests:Anything paranormal!

Posted 12 August 2011 - 05:39 AM

STOP WITH THE REMAKES PLEASSSSSSSSSE!!! There is something to the saying 'if it's not broken don't fix it'....it's like they can't think of anything on their own that's new so they 'remake' the old stuff & can't do it right.....
It's just Becca Posted Image

#11 GiaCat21

GiaCat21

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 426 posts
  • Interests:I love to sleep!!! I also enjoy reading, some of my favorite authors would be Stephen King, Anne Rice, and Edgar Allen Poe. My favorite tv shows are Ghost Hunters, America's Most Haunted, I Shouldn't be Alive, anything on the Discovery Health Channel, Myth Busters, Desperate Houswives, Grey's Anatomy, House, American Idol, Trading Spouses, The Simpsons, Family Guy, King of the Hill. But I obviously don't watch any tv. I also enjoy making new, pretty medic alert braclets, and earrings.

Posted 12 August 2011 - 11:12 AM

I really like Colin Farrel (he is soo funny in "Horrible Bosses" as the coked out son)... I probably wouldnt pay 8.50 to see this, but if my parents go then I may tag along...
Love life.

#12 WeirdFresno

WeirdFresno

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 12 August 2011 - 07:28 PM

Saw a sneak preview of it last night and actually liked it. Yeah it's not the original, but given that most vampire movies are of the "sparkle" type as of late I'll take what I get.

David Tennant stole the show with his performance in my opinion. Unfortunately I had to see it in 3D, which really detracted from it. If you do go see it, save yourself a few bucks (and the headache) and see it in regular 2D.

#13 Redhead

Redhead

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,196 posts
  • Interests:Needlework, including counted cross stitch and knitting, reading, dogs, triking (trikes are three wheeled motorcycled if you didn't know) and flower gardening. That is besides the paranormal...

Posted 01 January 2012 - 11:38 AM

Since Hubby went out of town yesterday, I decided to rent some videos. This was one that I decided to get and I am glad that I did! Collin Farrel is really great - he is totally creepy. There is one scene where he is trying to trick the hero into letting him into the house and when the boy is getting something from the fridge, the camera is on the vampire. He does something with just his eyes and body language that sent shivers up and down my spine! Something else I liked is that they re-did the Roddy McDowell part. Instead of a has-been actor, David Tennant plays a Chris Angel type magician in Vegas and he is really over the top - but in a good way. I do recommend this one. It's fun and creepy and there were a few times I actually jumped!
"Never wrestle with a pig. All you get is dirty and the pig has all the fun." ~ Anon.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users