• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 aloha_spirit

aloha_spirit

I'm 100% Poi Dog!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,534 posts
  • Interests:Computer Programming, Books, Movies, Nature, Religion.

Posted 01 May 2011 - 11:10 PM

Earlier today, U.S. forces crossed into Pakistan to capture Osama bin Laden. A firefight ensued and bin Laden was killed. Bin Laden's body was brought across the border and is in U.S. custody. At last some closure for what we experienced in 2001.

I didn't lose my mind - I have it backed up on a disk ... somewhere

#2 GiaCat21

GiaCat21

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 426 posts
  • Interests:I love to sleep!!! I also enjoy reading, some of my favorite authors would be Stephen King, Anne Rice, and Edgar Allen Poe. My favorite tv shows are Ghost Hunters, America's Most Haunted, I Shouldn't be Alive, anything on the Discovery Health Channel, Myth Busters, Desperate Houswives, Grey's Anatomy, House, American Idol, Trading Spouses, The Simpsons, Family Guy, King of the Hill. But I obviously don't watch any tv. I also enjoy making new, pretty medic alert braclets, and earrings.

Posted 01 May 2011 - 11:24 PM

I just saw this... Desperate Housewive was cut short and I have yet to watch the speech... Just watched George Stephenhoweveryouspellit's little intro... I thought he said that bin Laden was killed several days ago but they just got confirmation that it was him... Or did I misunderstand. Doesn't really matter in the long run...
I told Lizzy about the fact that he was (finally) killed and she responded that it took so long because Bush is such a "BAD_WORDing red neck"(her words not mine)... How do I explain to my 20 yr old "Spongebob" watching sis that it isn't just Bush... The ball on bin Laden was dropped BEFORE Bush became president. Ugh! Not a Bush fan and not sticking up for him by any means but not everything is his fault. Scares me that she will be able to vote in the next election when she can't even have an intellegent discussion...
Love life.

#3 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,397 posts
  • Interests:Life

Posted 02 May 2011 - 04:08 AM

With all the "official" "imposter" Bin Laden's within his own organization even he would be confused who the real Bin Laden is, and though it is indeed a relief that the mastermind is no more, how many similar evil minds have he already spawned?

Edited by MoonChild, 02 May 2011 - 04:08 AM.

Posted Image

#4 Joven76

Joven76

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 309 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 06:40 AM

Here's what confuses me a bit... Why did they quickly bury him at sea after they killed him??? Just seems a bit odd to me...
PB&J Paranormal proudly supports the St. Baldrick's Foundation for childhood cancer research so that all children diagnosed with cancer will have a better chance for a cure.

Posted Image

#5 mastermind73

mastermind73

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 466 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 09:53 AM

Here's what confuses me a bit... Why did they quickly bury him at sea after they killed him??? Just seems a bit odd to me...

Depends on your viewpoint. I read on CNN this morning that it is considered good form by Muslims to bury a corpse within a day. I have no way of knowing if this is true. But if it is, they would have been doing it to try to show some respect to the Muslim world and to try to keep the backlash down.

Another thought is that maybe they did it because they're trying to cover something up, like the fact that they have no idea whether this is the real Bin Laden. Or perhaps he has been dead for much, much longer than they claimed.

I will withhold my personal viewpoint on this, but I will say that Moonie's post strikes a chord with me in a way.
"If dreams are like movies, Then memories are films about ghosts.You can never escape, you can only move south down the coast.""Don't you remember when we were young, and we wanted to set the world on fire?'Cause I still am, and I still do."

#6 Joven76

Joven76

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 309 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 11:42 AM

Me too...
PB&J Paranormal proudly supports the St. Baldrick's Foundation for childhood cancer research so that all children diagnosed with cancer will have a better chance for a cure.

Posted Image

#7 Redhead

Redhead

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,196 posts
  • Interests:Needlework, including counted cross stitch and knitting, reading, dogs, triking (trikes are three wheeled motorcycled if you didn't know) and flower gardening. That is besides the paranormal...

Posted 02 May 2011 - 01:00 PM

He was given a Muslim service, and was buried at sea to make sure that any grave on land would not become a shrine to his evil. I watched an interview with a leader of the Muslims in New York City this morning on CNN. This man said that this was the proper way to handle this, and that bin Laden is not considered to have been a good Muslim by Muslim leaders because it is a sin to murder innocents as he did by having the Twin Towers and Pentagon attacked. It's also been reported that DNA samples were taken from the cadaver. This does not end the Taliban, but it certainly should put a crimp in their activities.
"Never wrestle with a pig. All you get is dirty and the pig has all the fun." ~ Anon.

#8 AngelRose

AngelRose

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 253 posts
  • Interests:I'm interested in the paranormal. Just not enough to go out and do any investigations. I think my past experiences might have frightened me away from looking for what might come next. I can read what others go threw and it seems exciting. But I just don't have it in me to get up and do any investigations. Pretty silly I know. But it's who I am. I'm a watcher not a doer. That's ok with me, I dont' mind it. I feel safe this way. lol

Posted 02 May 2011 - 05:07 PM

I wonder if Trump will demand Obama to produce Bin Laden's long form death certificate?
Posted Image

#9 Cryscat

Cryscat

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 596 posts
  • Interests:spirituality, art, design, reading, photography, my family (of course), nature, biology, genetics... I could go on, but I think I will stop here.

Posted 02 May 2011 - 06:27 PM

I wonder if Trump will demand Obama to produce Bin Laden's long form death certificate?

Snicker....... Might demand the DNA match and photos..
Don't take life too seriously, no one ever gets out alive.

#10 Laurie Ann

Laurie Ann

Your imagination IS running off with you!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,025 posts
  • Interests:I love to do yard work, re-arrange my home constantly, draw and get tattoos that have significant meaning to me, garage sales/yard sales fanatic. My home is haunted by I believe 2 spirits, so I'm never alone when everyone is asleep! I'm trying to label the gifts I have, although I try to keep them a secret from my husband..he wouldn't understand. My 20 year old is now living on his own and does so great! My 6 year old is a little me, and the baby will be 5 December. He's about 8-12 months behind, but that smile...that beautiful smile.

Posted 02 May 2011 - 07:58 PM

I'm with Moonie too....and Todd and I had a discussion about the same thing eralier. Bin Laden even stated that he knew one day he would die, but 10 others will be there to take his place. The man (can't say my true thoughts here) has died...but now what? We're all on heightened alert now, so we're no safer than we were 2 weeks ago. I just have a feeling that the crap is going to hit the fan because there are those 10+ rats that are going to make it their mission to kill in the memory of their demented leader.

And I too heard that they couldn't confirm anything until DNA came back...then one of his wives confirmed it was in fact Bin Laden...and they also did some type of face-match. But like here on GV, I need actual proof. Show me a picture, I'll send it to Cave Rat to make sure its not altered and then I'll believe. Until then, I'm very skeptic.

...just my own opinion.
~Women are angels...and when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...on a broomstick. We're flexible like that.~

#11 aloha_spirit

aloha_spirit

I'm 100% Poi Dog!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,534 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 09:25 PM

Osama bin Laden was killed early Monday morning (Pakistan time). The did take samples from the body and verified the identity via DNA testing. Bin Laden was buried within 24 hours of his death to show respect for Islam. Bin Laden was wanted since Clinton's tenure as US President.

As per Trump and birthers, I'm not sure this is the thread to discuss that issue.

#12 CaveRat2

CaveRat2

Village Elder

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,563 posts
  • Interests:Serious Research and separating the truth from the hype in the paranormal field today.

Posted 03 May 2011 - 08:35 AM

There were two reasons to do the burial at sea. First was out of resepct to Islam. But more important by doing the burial at sea that eliminates the ability of other fanatics turning his burial site into some kind of shrine. I do believe the photos will eventually be released though. First they will need to be screened though. Just as an example as to why consider, if any reflections or shadows could be recovered they might be used by his followers to target those who took part in the raid. Also even more sigificant is the amount of data recovered from his computers, drives, etc. Reports are that so much data needs reviewed that a special team had to be assembled just to process it all.

But regarding proof and the burial as a way of never being able to prove it without the body, I would be willing to bet dollars to doughnuts that some hair samples were retained should future DNA questions arise....

#13 AngelRose

AngelRose

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 253 posts
  • Interests:I'm interested in the paranormal. Just not enough to go out and do any investigations. I think my past experiences might have frightened me away from looking for what might come next. I can read what others go threw and it seems exciting. But I just don't have it in me to get up and do any investigations. Pretty silly I know. But it's who I am. I'm a watcher not a doer. That's ok with me, I dont' mind it. I feel safe this way. lol

Posted 06 May 2011 - 03:53 AM

Snicker....... Might demand the DNA match and photos..

I think it's official, we wont see either one!
Posted Image

#14 jenjen

jenjen

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 216 posts

Posted 06 May 2011 - 08:24 AM

Belated congrats to the USA....you got 'im real good! :clap:

#15 aloha_spirit

aloha_spirit

I'm 100% Poi Dog!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,534 posts

Posted 09 May 2011 - 12:26 AM

On a related note, the USA will NOT release photos of the dead bin Laden. Hackers are already using emails with topics relating to bin Laden's death to spread viruses and worms. Practice safe computing.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users