Free Skins
© Fisana

Photo

Who's Your Favorite?

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

Poll: Classic Movie Monsters

Who is your favorite monster from the classic horror pictures?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Redhead

Redhead

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,196 posts
  • Interests:Needlework, including counted cross stitch and knitting, reading, dogs, triking (trikes are three wheeled motorcycled if you didn't know) and flower gardening. That is besides the paranormal...

Posted 03 May 2011 - 06:07 PM

With discussions about movie re-makes, I got to thinking about classic horror films and why we love them. It's the monsters, of course! Which one is your favorite?

Edited by Redhead, 03 May 2011 - 06:09 PM.

"Never wrestle with a pig. All you get is dirty and the pig has all the fun." ~ Anon.

#2 kats_god

kats_god

Has a problem with gas?

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,363 posts
  • Interests:Art

Posted 06 May 2011 - 05:49 AM

I have always been a Wolfman fan. I have always loved all of those classics.
Check out my artwork at:http://www.jimdemick.com/
and on Facebook
Posted Image https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Art-of-Jim-Demick/261669903877527

Posted ImagePosted Image

"There are some things money can't buy...A good imagination is one of them

#3 mastermind73

mastermind73

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 466 posts

Posted 06 May 2011 - 09:46 AM

I went Bella Legosi's Dracula, but I've always been more of a fan of Nosferatu, played by Max Schreck in the 1922 Nosferatu, eine Symphonie des Grauens. This character and movie are the creepiest of the creepy to me.
"If dreams are like movies, Then memories are films about ghosts.You can never escape, you can only move south down the coast.""Don't you remember when we were young, and we wanted to set the world on fire?'Cause I still am, and I still do."

#4 autumnbelle

autumnbelle

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 511 posts
  • Interests:Am curious about almost anything . . .

Posted 06 May 2011 - 11:10 AM

I too went with Bela Lugosi's Dracula. Totally agree with Mastermind73 about Nosferatu being so creepy. Really have to wonder about what Max Schreck was like in 'real' life.

Even when they were highly disturbing, the classics were really elegant and very creative. And still hold up over time!

Eat, drink and be scary. ~Author Unknown

#5 Daewen

Daewen

Thinks Smilies Taste Like Chicken

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,847 posts
  • Interests:singing, travel, music ( death metal, jrock, visual kei, punk, goth, deathcore ), Wicca, fashion, nature, cooking, goth, Japan, cats, glbt rights, baking, anne rice vampires, tolkien elves, ghosts...

Posted 07 May 2011 - 01:29 AM

I was about to say Nosferatu as well! The only problem I had with the movie was that the music was badly timed and made the movie less scary. Plus the dialogue at the beginning half of the movie changed to occasional narration by the end of it. He was so creepy, though.
http://myworld.ebay....riakuroneko0489 Buy my clothes! Take a look.

http://www.dresm.com/ariakuroneko0489 Take a look at my other cheaper clothes too!

http://soundcloud.com/astrid-essex Trying this out as well. Some of my music on soundcloud.

#6 axlfoley

axlfoley

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 967 posts

Posted 08 May 2011 - 04:20 PM

I too went with Bela Lugosi's Dracula. That mansion / castle scene when Jonathan first arrives still creeps me.

#7 Redhead

Redhead

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,196 posts
  • Interests:Needlework, including counted cross stitch and knitting, reading, dogs, triking (trikes are three wheeled motorcycled if you didn't know) and flower gardening. That is besides the paranormal...

Posted 12 May 2011 - 07:35 AM

I always go for the Monster in the original Frankenstein. The first time I saw it, I was in jr. high and I felt so sorry for him! Karloff was such a good actor that in spite of all that make up, you can still see the pain and turmoil going on inside of him.
"Never wrestle with a pig. All you get is dirty and the pig has all the fun." ~ Anon.

#8 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,352 posts
  • Interests:I want to help people to re-connect with themselves. Rock Music, Football (European League), Animals (cat lover), Travel, Cars, Speed, Nature, Super Natural.

Posted 12 May 2011 - 11:38 AM

Dracula, played by Bela Lugosi.
Posted Image

#9 Fly_By_Night

Fly_By_Night

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 25 posts
  • Interests:Flying, reading, and outdoor activities, such as camping, etc.<br />I'm also starting a collection of &quot;true&quot; ghost stories throughout the years.

Posted 17 May 2011 - 08:15 PM

Yeah, definitely gotta go with Lugosi.

(and, as a bit of meaningless trivia: The Creature from the Black Lagoon was played by famous underwater stuntman Ricou Browning, who also produced and wrote for the show "Flipper").
"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth."-Marcus Aurelius

#10 Moody98

Moody98

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 56 posts
  • Interests:Cemeteries, vampires, werewolves, ghosts, cooking, guitar, skateboarding, horseback riding.

Posted 04 August 2011 - 05:35 AM

I would at Dracula, bela Lugosi. I watched that alot a few years ago. A good movie.

#11 Inspirosity

Inspirosity

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 15 August 2011 - 08:12 PM

I chose Dracula, haha.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users