Click Here To Visit Our Sponsor

Photo

I'm confused.....just when is the world ending?

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#31 Redhead

Redhead

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,196 posts
  • Interests:Needlework, including counted cross stitch and knitting, reading, dogs, triking (trikes are three wheeled motorcycled if you didn't know) and flower gardening. That is besides the paranormal...

Posted 18 June 2011 - 12:54 PM

2012 is the end of the epoch, just like Dec 31 is the end of our year. And each year we simply create a new year and publish a new calender...

And Cortez made it impossible for them to make that new calendar. I'm sure had they been left alone, the Maya would have made the next calendar. Funny how no one seems to remember that when Spain conquered this part of the world, subjugating its native peoples, they didn't allow aboriginal cultures to continue. Not that it was just Spain doing this, of course, they just got to South America first.
"Never wrestle with a pig. All you get is dirty and the pig has all the fun." ~ Anon.

#32 Severance_pop

Severance_pop

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 19 June 2011 - 02:59 AM

I wonder why people are so fascinated in knowing when the end of the world will be. It all seems a bit morbid to me.

#33 Oiche

Oiche

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 373 posts
  • Interests:way too many to mention, but to paraphrase:<br />Animals<br />Photography<br />Literature<br />writing<br />Paranormal research<br />Psychology<br />Sociology<br />Anthropology<br />Travel<br />Yoga<br />Cooking

Posted 17 July 2011 - 06:45 PM

*snickers*I maintain that the end was predicted for next year because some Mayan scribe was tired of the project
Posted ImageThank you for not feeding the trolls

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users