Scary noise in woods at elementary school

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Pete LeBrun

Pete LeBrun

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 40 posts
  • Interests:The paranormal is my absolute favorite thing in the world and I plan on studying it at school in the fall. I also like writing bike riding, reading, and hanging out with friends. My favorite holiday is Halloween ad my favorite season is fall.

Posted 17 June 2011 - 12:36 AM

Back in 2002 when I was in 5th elementary school me and two friends were standing by the two friends were standing by the woods talking during. My one friend was making up scary stories. The recess aides blew the whistle for us to come in. As were halfway to the line to go inside. We hear a loud BANG in the woods near the spot where we were standing. We ran to the line as fast as we could. I went back about a year or two ago to try to to find out what may have caused it but couldn't find anything. I attempted to repeat the sound we heard that day but no such luck. My only rational explanation is that someone was doing something in their yard(the woods were small and you could see yards on the other side of them) and took something into the woods and hit with some tool which caused the banging sound. What do you think ghost or a living, breathing, human being doing something in the woods?

#2 Pete LeBrun

Pete LeBrun

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 40 posts
  • Interests:The paranormal is my absolute favorite thing in the world and I plan on studying it at school in the fall. I also like writing bike riding, reading, and hanging out with friends. My favorite holiday is Halloween ad my favorite season is fall.

Posted 17 June 2011 - 12:44 AM

So everyone this was 5th grade when I was in elementary school in the spring of 2002.

#3 CaveRat2

CaveRat2

Village Elder

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,541 posts
  • Interests:Serious Research and separating the truth from the hype in the paranormal field today.

Posted 18 June 2011 - 12:21 PM

Interesting story, but at this date in time there is little that could be done to identify the cause. A loud bang could have been anything, many causes may not have even left any physical evidence, i.e. a car backfiring, gunshot, fireworks, sonic boom, etc. Had you conducted an investigation immediately after the event there is a possibility that some evidence might have been collected, but a year later, or several years after the fact, any evidence likely would have long since been lost.

Based on the lack of any evidence, and the probability that any evidence, if it in fact existed at all would be lost, I would not consider any paranormal explanation. No way to verify anything.

#4 Pete LeBrun

Pete LeBrun

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 18 June 2011 - 10:06 PM

Interesting story, but at this date in time there is little that could be done to identify the cause. A loud bang could have been anything, many causes may not have even left any physical evidence, i.e. a car backfiring, gunshot, fireworks, sonic boom, etc. Had you conducted an investigation immediately after the event there is a possibility that some evidence might have been collected, but a year later, or several years after the fact, any evidence likely would have long since been lost.

Based on the lack of any evidence, and the probability that any evidence, if it in fact existed at all would be lost, I would not consider any paranormal explanation. No way to verify anything.

Well the sound was definitely something hitting something. And I for got to mention this but after my investigation I did conclude myself that the object that caused the noise was long gone. As far as I know the object was taken from the scene shortly after this incident. Investigating right away would have been impossible since this happened during school hours and I was going inside for lunch. If I went right to school right after there is a 50/50 chance I'd have found something. But at the age of 11 I didn't think to as my interest in the paranormal wasn't till high school.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users