"Azreal"

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Oiche

Oiche

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 373 posts
  • Interests:way too many to mention, but to paraphrase:<br />Animals<br />Photography<br />Literature<br />writing<br />Paranormal research<br />Psychology<br />Sociology<br />Anthropology<br />Travel<br />Yoga<br />Cooking

Posted 20 June 2011 - 06:24 PM

I'm doing some research for a novel but am running into a brick wall, wikipedia mentions that he sided with Lucifer against the Throne but I haven't seen any other site that supports that (I am not counting characters in comic books)
Posted ImageThank you for not feeding the trolls

#2 Aesalon

Aesalon

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 10:39 AM

Since I have been doing a LOT of baby name research I know that Azreal means: "God is my help" or "I, with God's aid"

In Islamic tradition, Azreal is the "Angel of Death" (and in a few Judeo-Christian traditions as well.) He is known to be forever writing on a scroll, then erasing what he has written. (life & death.)

Don't know if this helps any - but best of luck!
-AesCome and visit the FBN team web site!!Fly By Night Paranormal Investigations (Southwest Iowa / Southeast Nebraska)We are also now on Facebook!

#3 freyjasdottir

freyjasdottir

Don't follow this leader

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,429 posts

Posted 22 June 2011 - 03:07 PM

Pulled out a couple of my books and nada. Try searching via Amazon to find books that you can search from.
Posted Image Myspace "Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results." Albert Einstein Posted Image Posted Image I've been hit by mrsspookypants

#4 Inspirosity

Inspirosity

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 14 August 2011 - 02:09 PM

I might be going on a tangent here, though my writing idol has forged a very creative story involving Azrael and his book. He has discarded the idea and worked on another story, though he entrusted the story to me and believed that I had the ability to create his vision. Unfortunately, I really don't write that much anymore due to personal reasons, though I hope that my writing idol's interpretation on Azrael will help you.

Basically, a man comes upon Azrael's book. It has no title and has a white cover and a black rear cover. Originally, it cannot be opened until the clock strikes exactly at midnight. Within the book, there are the names of every living thing in the world. White represents life, and black represents death. On the black side, if you wanted to eliminate someone from the world, you had to erase their name. In order to preserve balance, however, if you erased someone's name from the black side, then you have to write a name in the white side to create new life. If this balance isn't kept, then chaos will run rampant.

Eventually the book takes a life of its own, and two guardian spirits representing the black and white of the book come out. One is a shikigami (Japanese word for a protecting spirit) and the other is a shinigami (Japanese word for Death Gods). A Shinto priest put them into the book so the book will not return to Heaven. When these guardian spirits reveal themselves, more things can be done--animal life and objects can be destroyed, as long as being able to be wrought into existence. The shikigami and shinigami at this point act as the mediums in which life and destruction take place.

The shinigami is a solemn girl in a black kimono who says upon invocation, "Who is it whose time has come? What is it that Creation has forsaken? Write the name and it shall be cleansed from the World."

The shikigami is a joyful boy in white who says upon invocation, "who is it that hovers on the bink? what is it that Destruction has clenched in its fist? Write the name and it shall remain in this world."

Hope this helps with your story!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users