Free Skins
© Fisana

Photo

Franklin Castle turning into apartments (Cleveland, OH)

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 Daewen

Daewen

Thinks Smilies Taste Like Chicken

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,847 posts
  • Interests:singing, travel, music ( death metal, jrock, visual kei, punk, goth, deathcore ), Wicca, fashion, nature, cooking, goth, Japan, cats, glbt rights, baking, anne rice vampires, tolkien elves, ghosts...

Posted 20 July 2011 - 12:59 PM

So, is anyone planning on renting one of the apartments?

http://www.newsnet5....ovation-planned
http://myworld.ebay....riakuroneko0489 Buy my clothes! Take a look.

http://www.dresm.com/ariakuroneko0489 Take a look at my other cheaper clothes too!

http://soundcloud.com/astrid-essex Trying this out as well. Some of my music on soundcloud.

#2 damckie

damckie

My innersoul rides on a big fluffy cloud....

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,113 posts
  • Interests:Ghost Hunting!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hanging with my best friend and soulmate

Posted 20 July 2011 - 07:18 PM

Nope! I live about 35 minutes away from the castle. It is the most active house in the state of Ohio. They won't keep tenants there very long at all. Good luck to the new owner.
Two hearts drawn together bound by destiny. Every road leads to your door...."Will you still love me?" By Chicago. Love is the reason we'll never be alone. In love, in love.... "I believe." By Chicago. I LOVE YOU JULIET!!! The Spirit Stalker of Ohio "BREAK ON THROUGH TO THE OTHER SIDE" The Doors! GOOD DAVE HUNTING

#3 headknocker

headknocker

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 22 July 2011 - 01:38 PM

Nope! I live about 35 minutes away from the castle. It is the most active house in the state of Ohio. They won't keep tenants there very long at all. Good luck to the new owner.

It sounds like a similar situation which took place in Salem,MA when they turned the turned the old jail into condos. I can't even imagine living in that place with its history.

#4 DukeofBoogie

DukeofBoogie

Did the Time Warp at his wedding!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,274 posts
  • Interests:The Paranormal, Rock music, Movies, History (Especially the American Civil War), and spending time with my wife and daughter.

Posted 31 July 2011 - 07:31 AM

I think it's a good idea. The thing has been sitting there empty forever. It's a very small number of apartments, so I'd guess the rent will be quite high. For non Clevelanders, this section of town has been undergoing a sprucing up, and is attracting the urban chic kinda crowd. That's probably the type of people that will move in there. Personally, I would not want to live in that neighborhood, but I'm only about 5 miles away, so I can visit.

P.S.

The area is full of huge historic homes. It's worth driving through, though some of the side streets leave much to be desired.

Edited by DukeofBoogie, 31 July 2011 - 07:33 AM.

http://www.facebook....59567008?v=wallhttp://www.cdbaby.co...eblackriverboyshttp://www.zoarcivilwar.com/In great deeds something abides. On great fields something stays.....Spirits linger, to consecrate ground for the vision place of souls. And reverent men and women from afar, and generations that know us not and that we know not of, heart-drawn to where and by whom great things were suffered and done for them, shall come to this deathless field, to ponder and dream; and lo! The shadow of a mighty presence shall wrap them in its bosom, and the power of the vision pass into thier soles.-Joshua Lawrence Chamberlain

I've been hit byPosted Image mrsspookypants

#5 Night Star

Night Star

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 431 posts
  • Interests:Paranormal, animals, reading, music, dragons, fairies, elves, being creative...

Posted 01 August 2011 - 09:57 AM

What a beautiful building! With a lot of work, it will be amazing!
Posted Image

#6 GiaCat21

GiaCat21

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 426 posts
  • Interests:I love to sleep!!! I also enjoy reading, some of my favorite authors would be Stephen King, Anne Rice, and Edgar Allen Poe. My favorite tv shows are Ghost Hunters, America's Most Haunted, I Shouldn't be Alive, anything on the Discovery Health Channel, Myth Busters, Desperate Houswives, Grey's Anatomy, House, American Idol, Trading Spouses, The Simpsons, Family Guy, King of the Hill. But I obviously don't watch any tv. I also enjoy making new, pretty medic alert braclets, and earrings.

Posted 02 August 2011 - 10:12 PM

I would *try* to live in one of those apartments if I didn't loathe Ohio...
Love life.

#7 Daewen

Daewen

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,847 posts
  • Interests:singing, travel, music ( death metal, jrock, visual kei, punk, goth, deathcore ), Wicca, fashion, nature, cooking, goth, Japan, cats, glbt rights, baking, anne rice vampires, tolkien elves, ghosts...

Posted 02 August 2011 - 10:19 PM

What's wrong with Ohio?

http://www.dresm.com/ariakuroneko0489 Take a look at my other cheaper clothes too!

http://soundcloud.com/astrid-essex Trying this out as well. Some of my music on soundcloud.

#8 GiaCat21

GiaCat21

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 426 posts
  • Interests:I love to sleep!!! I also enjoy reading, some of my favorite authors would be Stephen King, Anne Rice, and Edgar Allen Poe. My favorite tv shows are Ghost Hunters, America's Most Haunted, I Shouldn't be Alive, anything on the Discovery Health Channel, Myth Busters, Desperate Houswives, Grey's Anatomy, House, American Idol, Trading Spouses, The Simpsons, Family Guy, King of the Hill. But I obviously don't watch any tv. I also enjoy making new, pretty medic alert braclets, and earrings.

Posted 03 August 2011 - 04:47 PM

Too humid and hot for me in the Summer... Granted I've only been to Toledo at the end of June/beginning of July... But I'm a CO girl and much perfer the dry, mountain heat that we get in the summer. So much easier for me to bear...
Love life.

#9 Daewen

Daewen

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,847 posts

Posted 05 August 2011 - 04:54 PM

Fair enough. It has been very hot and humid here.

#10 MurdockPSB

MurdockPSB

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 313 posts
  • Interests:paranormal research, writing, art, photography, psychology, movies, good books, good music, travel.. anything that keeps my life interesting!<br /><br />

Posted 20 August 2011 - 04:55 AM

I'm with Duke on this one. I hate seeing that place rot away. And we won't even get into the b.s. claims of it being turned into a "private social club." Besides, from what I've read, the plans aren't about dividing the building up into little apartments. There are two buildings on site, so three apartments would be easy without destroying its historical charm.

I also have to agree with GiaCat. As a long-time Ohioan who keeps getting sucked back here, this place is for the birds. LOL
"Some things have to be believed to be seen." - Ralph Hodgson"The truth is rarely pure and never simple." - Oscar Wilde

#11 damckie

damckie

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,113 posts
  • Interests:Ghost Hunting!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hanging with my best friend and soulmate

Posted 20 August 2011 - 04:34 PM

I'm with Duke on this one. I hate seeing that place rot away. And we won't even get into the b.s. claims of it being turned into a "private social club." Besides, from what I've read, the plans aren't about dividing the building up into little apartments. There are two buildings on site, so three apartments would be easy without destroying its historical charm.

I also have to agree with GiaCat. As a long-time Ohioan who keeps getting sucked back here, this place is for the birds. LOL

I had the privilege a few years back to meet the past owner of Frankilins Castle. His plans were to gut the inside of the home and make it into a country club. (with maybe a 2 bedroom suite B&B to go along with his plans) The story goes that Charles (the owner) ran out of cash flow to fulfill his dreams. The house now sits empty. The bad part is that the house sits in a very rundown part of the neighborhood. It is still a cool house to go and see and witness the negative and positive energy that surrounds this historic home. Dave
Two hearts drawn together bound by destiny. Every road leads to your door...."Will you still love me?" By Chicago. Love is the reason we'll never be alone. In love, in love.... "I believe." By Chicago. I LOVE YOU JULIET!!! The Spirit Stalker of Ohio "BREAK ON THROUGH TO THE OTHER SIDE" The Doors! GOOD DAVE HUNTING

#12 MurdockPSB

MurdockPSB

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 313 posts
  • Interests:paranormal research, writing, art, photography, psychology, movies, good books, good music, travel.. anything that keeps my life interesting!<br /><br />

Posted 21 August 2011 - 01:44 AM

I had the privilege a few years back to meet the past owner of Frankilins Castle. His plans were to gut the inside of the home and make it into a country club. (with maybe a 2 bedroom suite B&B to go along with his plans) The story goes that Charles (the owner) ran out of cash flow to fulfill his dreams. The house now sits empty. The bad part is that the house sits in a very rundown part of the neighborhood. It is still a cool house to go and see and witness the negative and positive energy that surrounds this historic home. Dave

Charles has never owned the old Tiedemann mansion. Michelle Heimburger (who lives in Canada) has been the owner since 1999 (the same year the roof was badly burned by vandals); she made Charles the caretaker since he expressed interest in preserving the house. Franklin Castle basically sat derelict for the next 10 years with Charles charging for ghost tours and trying to sell memberships to the "Franklin Castle Club" originally said to open back in 2004. Finally in the past year, Michelle had enough, went through a formal eviction process to get Charles off the property, and decided to sell off the property so that something positive might happen to it.

It isn't in the best neighborhood, but it's not so terrible that the place couldn't become something great. I've been there several times in the last ten years, the first being a private daytime tour given by the architect in charge of reconstructing the roof (around the time Charles entered the picture). The only thing that changed was it looking more and more run down. I'd like to see the house preserved, with or without any paranormal tours (which I honestly think should've been used to raise funds to fix the house not line someone's pockets). There may well be a few ghosts at Franklin Castle, but if the whole thing falls apart that won't really matter too much.
"Some things have to be believed to be seen." - Ralph Hodgson"The truth is rarely pure and never simple." - Oscar Wilde

#13 damckie

damckie

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,113 posts

Posted 21 August 2011 - 05:08 PM

Charles has never owned the old Tiedemann mansion. Michelle Heimburger (who lives in Canada) has been the owner since 1999 (the same year the roof was badly burned by vandals); she made Charles the caretaker since he expressed interest in preserving the house. Franklin Castle basically sat derelict for the next 10 years with Charles charging for ghost tours and trying to sell memberships to the "Franklin Castle Club" originally said to open back in 2004. Finally in the past year, Michelle had enough, went through a formal eviction process to get Charles off the property, and decided to sell off the property so that something positive might happen to it.

It isn't in the best neighborhood, but it's not so terrible that the place couldn't become something great. I've been there several times in the last ten years, the first being a private daytime tour given by the architect in charge of reconstructing the roof (around the time Charles entered the picture). The only thing that changed was it looking more and more run down. I'd like to see the house preserved, with or without any paranormal tours (which I honestly think should've been used to raise funds to fix the house not line someone's pockets). There may well be a few ghosts at Franklin Castle, but if the whole thing falls apart that won't really matter too much.

You are correct! My bad! Charles introduced himself as the owner to the castle. I do see that he is only the real estate investor in charge of the building and land. You never stop learning in this field! Thank You! Dave

Edited by damckie, 21 August 2011 - 05:09 PM.

#14 MurdockPSB

MurdockPSB

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 313 posts

Posted 22 August 2011 - 03:12 AM

I'd be very surprised if he was even a "real estate investor." I've learned too much about him over the years. He was just the caretaker, allowed to live in the carriage house to keep an eye on the property and start fixing it up. He just ran it like he owned it and told a lot of people he did to sound more relevant...

I haven't heard anything new on this latest sale, though. Makes me worry that this too will amount to nothing.

#15 damckie

damckie

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,113 posts

Posted 26 August 2011 - 03:51 PM

I'd be very surprised if he was even a "real estate investor." I've learned too much about him over the years. He was just the caretaker, allowed to live in the carriage house to keep an eye on the property and start fixing it up. He just ran it like he owned it and told a lot of people he did to sound more relevant...

I haven't heard anything new on this latest sale, though. Makes me worry that this too will amount to nothing.

This is according to the stories that are posted on the internet. He even told us, when we met him, that he is investing a lot of money to restore the castle. Dave

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users