• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Inspirosity

Inspirosity

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 06:47 PM

I believe that I'm an open-minded person. I think that there is a possibility that spirits are out there, though I haven't had any spiritual encounters myself. Anyway, I decided to try out mirror gazing. There is a large mirror on the door of my room, and I can just sit comfortably on the floor and look into it.

When I stared at it for prolonged periods, my gaze would 'soften' the view and my face seemed to distort in this 'soft vision'. It was a little disconcerting at first, though I kept at it to see if anything else came up. I noticed that when I stared at it long enough, my head would fade--and at one point my head disappeared altogether!

Does anybody else experience this? Did I make contact with anything while doing so? I apologize if these are rather simple questions--I'm rather self-conscious about appearing foolish...haha;; Anyway, if anyone could comment on this, I would be glad to hear your input!

#2 Opalina

Opalina

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 12 October 2011 - 08:47 AM

Hi, I see it's an old thread by a couple of months, but let me try. Your eyes have relaxed as you're staring. Focusing, shifting, etc., is all caused by muscles. Some are voluntary, some are not. Take a stronger group of muscles, such as your arms, and hold a large phone book extended behind you just out of your peripheral vision. Keep it level but have a friend record where you started and then where you end a few minutes later (about 10). You may feel like your arm has been level, but I guarantee you, the average person of average strength will have lost quite a bit of altitude with the phone book without even realizing it! This was one of many perceptual experiments we were put through as kids. (I don't remember who was running the experiments, but they happened once a week in the school library.)

However... that sort of thing is step one for mirror gazing. Some people try and become too locked onto "looking at themselves" that they never relax their perceptions enough to essentially start receiving. My father had a black mirror, a highly polished disc of obsidian (IIRC) that he used for gazing. I never really picked up the knack. The next time it happens, just roll with it. Don't try to hold onto any particular image or perception. Eventually you should start getting somewhere.

#3 Juanita Rose Violini

Juanita Rose Violini

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 39 posts
  • Interests:Mysteries of the metaphysical and of the puzzle type. Drawing, writing, beading, hiking, house cleaning - just my own - travel, driving, comedy.

Posted 24 October 2011 - 09:18 AM

I would add that it's important to observe without 'thinking' about what you are seeing. This doesn't mean that you go comatose but your energy goes to your attention and not your mind.
Posted Image

#4 damckie

damckie

My innersoul rides on a big fluffy cloud....

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,113 posts
  • Interests:Ghost Hunting!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hanging with my best friend and soulmate

Posted 02 November 2011 - 04:30 PM

Hey, Thanks for sharing this topic with us. If you can, please message me and I can tell you more on this subject. A quicky here, My late girlfriend Julie, and myself were gazing a couple of years back. Well, we were sitting together and I looked over at her and she was no longer viewable in the mirror. Juliet is no longer with me. She passed away a year ago. The spirits were letting me know on what the near future was in store for me and her. I can tell you more later. Dave
Two hearts drawn together bound by destiny. Every road leads to your door...."Will you still love me?" By Chicago. Love is the reason we'll never be alone. In love, in love.... "I believe." By Chicago. I LOVE YOU JULIET!!! The Spirit Stalker of Ohio "BREAK ON THROUGH TO THE OTHER SIDE" The Doors! GOOD DAVE HUNTING

#5 ParanormalOuija

ParanormalOuija

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 62 posts
  • Interests:Paranormal.

Posted 02 November 2011 - 08:42 PM

Hey, Thanks for sharing this topic with us. If you can, please message me and I can tell you more on this subject. A quicky here, My late girlfriend Julie, and myself were gazing a couple of years back. Well, we were sitting together and I looked over at her and she was no longer viewable in the mirror. Juliet is no longer with me. She passed away a year ago. The spirits were letting me know on what the near future was in store for me and her. I can tell you more later. Dave

That's an amazing reply.. very sorry for your loss.
Rest in peace brother, We'll meet again one day. <3

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users