Evp's at holy cross mausoleum colma,ca.

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Moody98

Moody98

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 56 posts
  • Interests:Cemeteries, vampires, werewolves, ghosts, cooking, guitar, skateboarding, horseback riding.

Posted 15 August 2011 - 04:50 PM

I was taking some evp's at holy cross mausoleum in colma, ca. For some reason whenever I try to post something from this place it never let's me. This place must have some sort of intense supernatural energy to be able to keep everything to this place. Like the saying what happens In Vegas stays in Vegas. I think that was is taking place here. I got the evp's of a man laughing and a lot of echoing voices. When I would say something there was no echo but when I played it back I could hear my voice echoing. I could also hear voices that I couldn't here until I played it back. All my recordings disapearred.

#2 Inspirosity

Inspirosity

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 15 August 2011 - 05:28 PM

Hm, very interesting story, Moody. Thanks for sharing your account with us! I've never been able to capture any EVPs, though perhaps one of these days I will get something.

#3 CaveRat2

CaveRat2

Village Elder

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,548 posts
  • Interests:Serious Research and separating the truth from the hype in the paranormal field today.

Posted 16 August 2011 - 08:20 AM

Not to worry. EVPs are very rare. I have recorded over 4,000 hours of audio and managed to get exactly 7 that I would call valid. Those who claim to get several every time they go out generally are capturing nothing but noise and wishful thinking (audio paraedolia)

As far as the echos go who can say? Without actually hearing them no way to tell if it was real or not. Unfortunate.

#4 OMPRDave

OMPRDave

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 563 posts
  • Interests:Family, fishing, hunting, camping, history, photography, poetry/writing, and last but not least, paranormal investigation

Posted 17 August 2011 - 10:38 PM

The microphones are probably much more sensitive than the ear, thus picking up the echoes.
"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation." Herbert Spencer

#5 Moody98

Moody98

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 56 posts
  • Interests:Cemeteries, vampires, werewolves, ghosts, cooking, guitar, skateboarding, horseback riding.

Posted 21 August 2011 - 10:04 AM

I went back to this site at a different area called gallery of ascension to get more evp's. This time my voice recorder would only record for a minute and then go off. As if some force was keeping me from picking anything up. Could be that a mausoleum is a very active place and the spirits can feel my prescence.

#6 damckie

damckie

My innersoul rides on a big fluffy cloud....

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,113 posts
  • Interests:Ghost Hunting!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hanging with my best friend and soulmate

Posted 21 August 2011 - 05:21 PM

Not to worry. EVPs are very rare. I have recorded over 4,000 hours of audio and managed to get exactly 7 that I would call valid. Those who claim to get several every time they go out generally are capturing nothing but noise and wishful thinking (audio paraedolia)

As far as the echos go who can say? Without actually hearing them no way to tell if it was real or not. Unfortunate.

Remember, the deceased are like you and I. They still have all the emotions that we have, but they are just dead. If they are comfortable with you they will speak to you. It all depends on the person or group that is doing the investigation if they want to communicate to you. I have many "true" evp from them and they are much attatched to me when I decide make contact. My work is in the evidence ally here on this website. Also EVP is the easiest way for them to contact us if they have little or no energy. Thanks! Dave

Edited by damckie, 21 August 2011 - 05:23 PM.

Two hearts drawn together bound by destiny. Every road leads to your door...."Will you still love me?" By Chicago. Love is the reason we'll never be alone. In love, in love.... "I believe." By Chicago. I LOVE YOU JULIET!!! The Spirit Stalker of Ohio "BREAK ON THROUGH TO THE OTHER SIDE" The Doors! GOOD DAVE HUNTING

#7 CaveRat2

CaveRat2

Village Elder

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,548 posts
  • Interests:Serious Research and separating the truth from the hype in the paranormal field today.

Posted 22 August 2011 - 09:27 AM

Remember, the deceased are like you and I. They still have all the emotions that we have, but they are just dead. If they are comfortable with you they will speak to you. It all depends on the person or group that is doing the investigation if they want to communicate to you. I have many "true" evp from them and they are much attatched to me when I decide make contact. My work is in the evidence ally here on this website. Also EVP is the easiest way for them to contact us if they have little or no energy. Thanks! Dave

Not saying they are not voices of the dead, but on the other hand there is no proof they are! Same goes for emotions, that statement may in fact be true but to date there has been no conclusive evidence supporting it.

Regarding the paredolia I will say I have gotten many recordings that could be construed as EVPs. Where they fail is in later analysis. Maybe the equipment or conditions contained something which could not rule out some mundane source for example. Maybe the area was not secure and there could have been someone else talking that could not be ruled out. Thus I discount them. (I am probably harder on my own evidence than I am on others because I was there when it was captured!).

The best way anyone can use to discount audio paraedolia is the Three Reviews test. Three people listen to the EVP without any previous prompting or clue as to what was said. Each writes down their interpretation without consulting with the other. If all three are the same audio paraedolia is likely not a factor. If two of the three agree and the third does not, then it becomes questionable, (see next paragraph.) . If none agree the EVP is paraedolia. Throw it out.

The degree of agreement is also a factor. Even one word wrong is an issue. However close matches are a mitigating factor. For instance, if two of the three interpret the words as "go", and the other says, "hoe", then that is a close match PROVIDED the rest of the statement remains identical and remains in context. However two words wrong or an entirely different interpretation by the third means the EVP fails. Throw it out.

When dealing with the context also give credit to the length of the EVP. Single word, single syllabel statements are generally discounted since they can easily be mistaken as some other noise. Even if they seem to answer a question. For instance, if I ask, "What happened to you" and the answer comes back, "died"., that is rather meaningless. However if the answer comes back "I died in the fire." Then the multiple word answer is much more credible. The trick for the investigator is ask questions which require multiple word answers!

#8 damckie

damckie

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,113 posts
  • Interests:Ghost Hunting!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hanging with my best friend and soulmate

Posted 24 August 2011 - 07:24 PM

Not saying they are not voices of the dead, but on the other hand there is no proof they are! Same goes for emotions, that statement may in fact be true but to date there has been no conclusive evidence supporting it.

Regarding the paredolia I will say I have gotten many recordings that could be construed as EVPs. Where they fail is in later analysis. Maybe the equipment or conditions contained something which could not rule out some mundane source for example. Maybe the area was not secure and there could have been someone else talking that could not be ruled out. Thus I discount them. (I am probably harder on my own evidence than I am on others because I was there when it was captured!).

The best way anyone can use to discount audio paraedolia is the Three Reviews test. Three people listen to the EVP without any previous prompting or clue as to what was said. Each writes down their interpretation without consulting with the other. If all three are the same audio paraedolia is likely not a factor. If two of the three agree and the third does not, then it becomes questionable, (see next paragraph.) . If none agree the EVP is paraedolia. Throw it out.

The degree of agreement is also a factor. Even one word wrong is an issue. However close matches are a mitigating factor. For instance, if two of the three interpret the words as "go", and the other says, "hoe", then that is a close match PROVIDED the rest of the statement remains identical and remains in context. However two words wrong or an entirely different interpretation by the third means the EVP fails. Throw it out.

When dealing with the context also give credit to the length of the EVP. Single word, single syllabel statements are generally discounted since they can easily be mistaken as some other noise. Even if they seem to answer a question. For instance, if I ask, "What happened to you" and the answer comes back, "died"., that is rather meaningless. However if the answer comes back "I died in the fire." Then the multiple word answer is much more credible. The trick for the investigator is ask questions which require multiple word answers!

Cave, I will come back later to comment on the rest, but I have to go. But I disagree with your last statement about them using only one word. Hearing multiple words from them are great, but what if they don't have enough energy to complete the sentence on how they died? Their energy only lasts for so long. Food for thought here. And I always wonder why they always say "help me" to us, but never on what kind of help they need. Dave

Edited by damckie, 24 August 2011 - 07:26 PM.

Two hearts drawn together bound by destiny. Every road leads to your door...."Will you still love me?" By Chicago. Love is the reason we'll never be alone. In love, in love.... "I believe." By Chicago. I LOVE YOU JULIET!!! The Spirit Stalker of Ohio "BREAK ON THROUGH TO THE OTHER SIDE" The Doors! GOOD DAVE HUNTING

#9 damckie

damckie

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,113 posts

Posted 27 August 2011 - 07:10 PM

CaveRat, As Paranormal Investigators know that we have 3 classes on which EVP are classified in. A class "A" "B" and a "C." A class "A" evp is what everyone hears the samething. Hands down! A class "B" evp is a 50/50 split on what they all heard. It could be two or more words, but they all agree on that something is being said. A class "C" evp is usually a whisper and or is hard to make out on what is being said. EVP always don't come through clear as a humans voice does. Also EVP does come through differently than on what other people hear. But all agrees that something is being said through the voice recorder. Julie and myself have buttheaded heads many times on what is being said on certain EVP.

Edited by damckie, 27 August 2011 - 07:12 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users