Monterey County, California - Mystery/Ghost Sighting

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 MurdockPSB

MurdockPSB

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 313 posts
  • Interests:paranormal research, writing, art, photography, psychology, movies, good books, good music, travel.. anything that keeps my life interesting!<br /><br />

Posted 20 August 2011 - 04:50 AM

Just tonight, I had a friend tell me about an experience he had literally several hours ago in California. It happened along U.S. Highway 101 south of King City, CA. Apparently, a transparent woman appeared by the side of the road and suddenly disappeared. As far as I know, it's his first-ever ghost sighting... and he wasn't the only one in the car to see it.

I've been trying to dig up anything about this, but there's no sign of any past ghost sightings here but I've come up empty-handed as far as anything online. Has anyone heard of any female apparitions in this area? Or even any deaths? There's a whole lot of nothing history-wise to find about that section of the Salinas Valley. The spot where he had his experience was just a tiny station stop on the Southern Pacific Railroad.

I'd really appreciate any possible leads on this one. I'd really like to try to figure out who this woman is... er, was.
"Some things have to be believed to be seen." - Ralph Hodgson"The truth is rarely pure and never simple." - Oscar Wilde

#2 WeirdFresno

WeirdFresno

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 20 August 2011 - 04:04 PM

I'd really appreciate any possible leads on this one. I'd really like to try to figure out who this woman is... er, was.

Not sure on the 101, but I know Hwy. 152 which is about an hour north of King City is heavily haunted, but I doubt the ghosts wander that far. I live in California (in Fresno). I'll dig around and see if I can find anything. Maybe the local newspapers might have something. If nothing else this gives me a reason to do a road trip. :)

#3 MurdockPSB

MurdockPSB

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 313 posts
  • Interests:paranormal research, writing, art, photography, psychology, movies, good books, good music, travel.. anything that keeps my life interesting!<br /><br />

Posted 21 August 2011 - 01:58 AM

Not sure on the 101, but I know Hwy. 152 which is about an hour north of King City is heavily haunted, but I doubt the ghosts wander that far. I live in California (in Fresno). I'll dig around and see if I can find anything. Maybe the local newspapers might have something. If nothing else this gives me a reason to do a road trip. :)

Thanks. The sighting was somewhere around the tiny town of Wunpost. He couldn't make out any details to tell what era her clothes were from, but it had a female shape and was wearing a dress.

From what I gather, the highway roughly follows an old pioneer trail through the Salinas Valley. The Southern Pacific came through in 1871. Wunpost was just a station for nearby ranchers (supposedly named for a Chinese laborer ("Wun") who was buried there (the "post" referring to his grave marker; I would imagine he may have been one of the crew members who built the railroad).

That's where my research hits a brick wall. I'm not sure if there are any archives for the local papers (the San Lucas Herald and the Bradley Mercury) still around.
"Some things have to be believed to be seen." - Ralph Hodgson"The truth is rarely pure and never simple." - Oscar Wilde

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users