Stories taken from GV and used on another website

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 GhostCat

GhostCat

Certified husband trainer....guaranteed he won't track dirt

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 885 posts
  • Interests:Travelling New England by land and sea, local history, houses - as I am a real estate appraiser, I teach Special Education too, love all the kids I work with... they teach me too, lol, and add lots of smiles to my day....my cats, my goffin cockatoo parrot that is loud, smart and talkative, walking, bicycling, skiing, ice hockey, watching the Patriots, the Bruins and the Red Sox (Woo Hoo.. Fenway Painters..My sister and brother in laws business that paint the Park and my nephew that paints the famous "green monster") lighthouses, antiques, gardening, trying new restaurants, classic movies (love Cary Grant and Alfred Hitchcock), big band music, laughing and being around others that like to laugh, ghost stories - I love to hear other peoples experiences as I have so many to tell myself.

Posted 29 August 2011 - 10:11 AM

I got an email last night from a friend of mine who knows my ghost experiences very well. She said that 2 of my "ouija board" stories were posted by someone else on another website. She sent me the exact link to my stories and the website is www.thewhitenoiseforum.com Ghost Village is the only place I put those stories and the forum director, "Big Chief" took them word for word and put them under his name. I think he labeled them "ouija stories from the internet". I will have to look through his other stories now... wondering how many others he stole from Ghost Village.
"Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea."-- Robert A. Heinlein

#2 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,352 posts
  • Interests:I want to help people to re-connect with themselves. Rock Music, Football (European League), Animals (cat lover), Travel, Cars, Speed, Nature, Super Natural.

Posted 29 August 2011 - 10:27 AM

Good catch there, I hope we can find a proper solution for such stealing stuff without proper permission.
Posted Image

#3 Cryscat

Cryscat

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 580 posts
  • Interests:spirituality, art, design, reading, photography, my family (of course), nature, biology, genetics... I could go on, but I think I will stop here.

Posted 01 September 2011 - 04:54 PM

Ghostvillage.com should have been credited as the source. Not sure how a problem like this should be handled.
Don't take life too seriously, no one ever gets out alive.

#4 CaveRat2

CaveRat2

Village Elder

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,529 posts
  • Interests:Serious Research and separating the truth from the hype in the paranormal field today.

Posted 01 September 2011 - 07:59 PM

If one really wanted to pursue it they might join the offending forum then go to the thread and post something like, "Hey, I read that same story over on GV." Also make note of the dates of the post and add a statement like, " I see GV had it first!"

Legally there is the copyright issue but practicality tends to make that approach unworkable. Yeah you could get lawyers involved and spend a lot of money but for what? Not like you suffered a real monetary loss so no lwyer is going to want the case.

It is also why most posts I make that involve anything I care about are done as links back to my website not the actual documentation posted directly to the forum. It may not stop copy / paste but at least I can maintain SOME control over aspects of my work
CaveRat......
Visit my website

#5 OMPRDave

OMPRDave

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 563 posts
  • Interests:Family, fishing, hunting, camping, history, photography, poetry/writing, and last but not least, paranormal investigation

Posted 05 September 2011 - 08:10 AM

I have Ian Hickland as a friend on FB because at first I was following his live broadcasts, but as of late I was toying with the idea of getting him off my page. Glad I caught this thread - now I've got no reason to not get White Noise and him off it.
"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation." Herbert Spencer

#6 GhostCat

GhostCat

Certified husband trainer....guaranteed he won't track dirt

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 885 posts
  • Interests:Travelling New England by land and sea, local history, houses - as I am a real estate appraiser, I teach Special Education too, love all the kids I work with... they teach me too, lol, and add lots of smiles to my day....my cats, my goffin cockatoo parrot that is loud, smart and talkative, walking, bicycling, skiing, ice hockey, watching the Patriots, the Bruins and the Red Sox (Woo Hoo.. Fenway Painters..My sister and brother in laws business that paint the Park and my nephew that paints the famous "green monster") lighthouses, antiques, gardening, trying new restaurants, classic movies (love Cary Grant and Alfred Hitchcock), big band music, laughing and being around others that like to laugh, ghost stories - I love to hear other peoples experiences as I have so many to tell myself.

Posted 05 September 2011 - 11:23 AM

I let the moderator know at the White Noise Forum and sent him the GV link with my stories and the link from his website. I haven't heard back. I just tried to log on to White Noise to see if I had any recent emails, but It won't let me on.
"Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea."-- Robert A. Heinlein

#7 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,352 posts
  • Interests:I want to help people to re-connect with themselves. Rock Music, Football (European League), Animals (cat lover), Travel, Cars, Speed, Nature, Super Natural.

Posted 06 September 2011 - 12:48 AM

I let the moderator know at the White Noise Forum and sent him the GV link with my stories and the link from his website. I haven't heard back. I just tried to log on to White Noise to see if I had any recent emails, but It won't let me on.

Not a surprise.
Posted Image

#8 Oniix

Oniix

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,026 posts

Posted 06 September 2011 - 02:07 PM

Isn't the Interwebs a grand place?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users