Italy and France

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Oiche

Oiche

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 373 posts
  • Interests:way too many to mention, but to paraphrase:<br />Animals<br />Photography<br />Literature<br />writing<br />Paranormal research<br />Psychology<br />Sociology<br />Anthropology<br />Travel<br />Yoga<br />Cooking

Posted 16 February 2012 - 06:33 PM

Hi, my Fiancee and I are going to Italy in late Spring and spending 3 days in Paris, any haunted locations (both of us want to go to Rome, Vatican City to see St Peter's, Milan and Tuscany)
Posted ImageThank you for not feeding the trolls

#2 carlotta

carlotta

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 947 posts
  • Interests:Tarot, gardening, hiking, Victorian literature, cats, European travel

Posted 24 February 2012 - 09:11 AM

Hi, my Fiancee and I are going to Italy in late Spring and spending 3 days in Paris, any haunted locations (both of us want to go to Rome, Vatican City to see St Peter's, Milan and Tuscany)

Hi Oiche,

I got the creeps in the Catacombs, not from the bones, but from the absolute quiet when you're there alone.

The conciergerie, near Notre Dame, was the last 'home' for many victims of the French revolution. If you are a sensitive, then you'll feel stuff near the cells where people were locked away or where they had their hair and collars cut off before going to the blade (you wanted the blade to get the whole neck in one chop). Paris Walks does a tour of this building that can give you good history.

There is a "Mysteries of Paris Ghost Tour", but I found it rather tame. The guide points out places to you, but you don't get to go into any buildings or down into the catacombs.

The French aren't much into ghosts, so there is not too much about hauntings or haunted locations. I'm just talking from 10 years of living here.

Carlotta
Who owns the land? Only the land knows. We mortals are passersby, and our lives are but a brief moment in the great span of time and space. We are born, we live out our lives, and most of us do the best we can with it, but the wind is forever, and the rivers flow forever to the sea, and all the seasons of the weathers will come and go after we are gone. But the Earth endures, the Earth is eternal" - Earl Hamner

#3 Oiche

Oiche

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 373 posts
  • Interests:way too many to mention, but to paraphrase:<br />Animals<br />Photography<br />Literature<br />writing<br />Paranormal research<br />Psychology<br />Sociology<br />Anthropology<br />Travel<br />Yoga<br />Cooking

Posted 01 March 2012 - 09:11 PM

Hi, Carlotta and thank you so much! I want to extend our stay in Paris, maybe even take the rail down to see Avignon

I've heard about the Catacombs and yes, I'm a sensitive but within the last 5 years I've not heard so much as a whisper
Posted ImageThank you for not feeding the trolls

#4 MoonDance14

MoonDance14

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 11:00 PM

I never found the catacombs to be that scary. It seems empty now really since they took out all the bones. Also, Paris is pretty much a very dirty city xD with a lot of graffti so be prepared. And be careful if you drive, its a bit chaotic there. Notre Dame was beautiful! So have fun! I went to France, Switzerland, Austria and Itay last summer.

#5 carlotta

carlotta

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 947 posts
  • Interests:Tarot, gardening, hiking, Victorian literature, cats, European travel

Posted 08 March 2012 - 08:28 AM

I never found the catacombs to be that scary. It seems empty now really since they took out all the bones. Also, Paris is pretty much a very dirty city xD with a lot of graffti so be prepared. And be careful if you drive, its a bit chaotic there. Notre Dame was beautiful! So have fun! I went to France, Switzerland, Austria and Itay last summer.

Some parts of Paris are dirtier than others. In general, I find it a cleaner city than some I've seen in the UK. The sidewalks are certainly in better shape. Outdoor markets start up before daybreak, about 1 PM they're packing up. At 2 PM it is dirty, but the streetcleaners come through with power hoses and by 3 PM, all you see is clean, wet pavement. Very efficient.

Drivers are a bit crazy in Paris, but I've heard Rome is the worst in Europe for crazy drivers.
Who owns the land? Only the land knows. We mortals are passersby, and our lives are but a brief moment in the great span of time and space. We are born, we live out our lives, and most of us do the best we can with it, but the wind is forever, and the rivers flow forever to the sea, and all the seasons of the weathers will come and go after we are gone. But the Earth endures, the Earth is eternal" - Earl Hamner

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users