Brisbane, Australia's "2nd most haunted" rating

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Haunts of Brisbane

Haunts of Brisbane

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 06:20 AM

Back in 2008, a rumour was started by a local ghost tour company that Brisbane in Australia had been voted the 2nd most haunted city in the world by National Geographic magazine. Over the years that have followed, this rumour has been pushed so heavily that the internet is now full of pages stating this fact as truth (just do a Google search). It's important that everyone - ghost fans, tour operators & paranormal researchers alike - around the globe read the following article...Brisbane is my city also, & it has a wonderful history & some very well documented hauntings, but in comparison to other cities around the world its haunted potential pales in comparison...& the perpetuation of the rumour only serves to line the pockets of a dishonest local tour company. Please visit the below link to read Part I of the expose - Part II will follow on Sunday this weekend:

http://hauntsofbrisb...sbanes-2nd.html

#2 Haunts of Brisbane

Haunts of Brisbane

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 06:48 AM

Part II, which provides the rest of the story, can be found here:

http://hauntsofbrisb...nes-2nd_11.html

To all of you who live in haunted cities - please comment! My city of Brisbane in Australia is very haunted...but in comparison to many of yours, it is no doubt left for dead (pardon the pun!). I'd like to hear from people in other cities who feel their region is more haunted - how many ghosts & hauntings do you have and what are your stories?? Let us all start discussing, on a global scale, where the ghosts are & where they're not - there are many out there that are curious...

#3 LycanGhost

LycanGhost

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 345 posts
  • Interests:Knitting and crocheting, scrapbooking, reading, listening to music and singing

Posted 12 March 2012 - 10:37 PM

The Army War College has several, two of with I can think of off-hand.

First off is Lucy Pretty Eagle, who haunts Corben Hall. A high school friend of mine who was an Army brat and sensitive saw her several times unbricking a tunnel in the basement of the unit of Corben she was in. When I went there with her after finals on a Friday, I sensed her down in the basement when she showed me where the tunnel was, plus she knocked over a candlestick a little later on.

And second off is the ghost of a blood covered woman in the Letort View Community Center. I don't remember the whole story, since this was mentioned in a senior english class when we were covering and writing scary/horror stories. But what I heard was that the kid who told us about it's one freind's mom (*Yes, I know, urban legend opening... But it's how she told us.*) saw a woman covered in blood and carrying a bloody butcher/carving knife heading down to the basement, and it sounded like people were being tortured down there.

Fun, huh?

Posted Image

Cry Havoc! And let loose the Dobermans of war!

My knitting and crocheting blog.

Life is too short to take seriously, none of us get out of it alive.

Each morning when I open my eyes I say to myself: I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be.Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it.

http://www.nomorerack.com/?cr=9281971

#4 Haunts of Brisbane

Haunts of Brisbane

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 11:44 AM

For anyone who's read the article about Brisbane's "2nd Most Haunted" rating on the Haunts of Brisbane blog site - we've been nominated in the Best Australian Blogs 2012 Competition, conducted by the Sydney Writers' Centre.

This is one of Australia's leading blog competitions, open to any Australian blogger with blogs of any size, on any topic, with any level of popularity. The Haunts of Brisbane publishes a new article every Sunday on the actual history behind each ghost & haunting in south east Queensland. Voting is open to international residents - whilst the voting process is a little clunky (we're still Down-under, remember!), it will only take you a minute to complete...simply hit the next button until you reach the F-K by blog titles page, click the box alongside Haunts of Brisbane, and continue through to the name/email section followed with a click on the Done button.

Every vote received endorses ongoing historic research into the basis behind ghosts & hauntings in Australia - please drop by http://www.facebook....275966655755127 to lend us your support with a "like", or to simply just say hello - please help us in bringing a ghost-based site to the forefront of Australia's attention!

#5 Haunts of Brisbane

Haunts of Brisbane

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 11:53 AM

Here's the voting link:

www.surveymonkey.com/s/BAB2012

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users