What or Who Was It....

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 DarciaMoonz

DarciaMoonz

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 08:56 PM

I am writing about an experience my son had in an apartment we use to reside in. Actually the apartment is the one we used to live in and KRCguns actually helped me out with the evp postings at the time. Anyways, my son keeps talking about a particular experience that gives me the creeps every time I think about it and I have not been able to get an answer about it. I have even written to a certain television ghost hunting team for a possible answer and they never got back to me. Ok, my son who was about 9 at the time he first told me about him waking up from a dream of being in his room, and feeling like someone was in the room with him and it made him feel uneasy. He described the room as being his, but there was a bed in there with a canopy on it and there was no light bulb, but the room did have a dim light that he says is similar to a candle light. After he woke up he says he stayed in bed and in the hallway between his room and mine there was this "man" standing there staring at him. He says he thought it was his dad because of the way the hair looked (his dad wore braids in his hair at that time), but he realized it wasn't because the eyes were all black, paper white skin, and the eyebrows were "trimmed", and the clothes were not the clothes his dad wore to work. He was fully awake by this time and he called out "dad", but it didn't say anything, it just stayed there staring. I know what BEKS are and don't think this was a BEK because we never opened the door to let anyone in at night once he left. He says it was solid and that it only left after he started calling me. Why this bothers me so much (besides the creepy appearance) is because I have seen a "man" while getting him ready for school and mistook it for his dad standing by the bed bent over. I asked what he was looking for and realized at that moment that his dad was still in the bed sleeping and this man was bent over staring at him. Since it's attention was so focused on him and it didn't realize (or maybe it did) that we were in the bathroom, I quietly closed the bathroom door and we stayed in there for a bit because I was too scared to say anything. The other reason why it bothers me is because his dad's current wife called me and asked me if I have ever noticed anything different about him when we were together and she described an incident that she had with him where he just burst out screaming, holding his head and his eyes turned completely black. He doesn't remember the incident, but she was shaken up by it. Now I am wondering if...if it was a part of him that got loose (got the chills writing about this) and that is what we were seeing, or is something attached to him, or is he something else besides human and it scares me to think about it. When I think about all of the experience me and my son went through and my pets staring at something that I couldn't see in that apartment and the growling noises it still bothers me. Sorry for the book, but I wanted to give as much info as I could to help with getting a possible answer to this and thank you in advance.

#2 petunia4998

petunia4998

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,533 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 12:14 PM

May I ask what your son's first name is and his dad's first name. ;)
petunia4998

#3 CaveRat2

CaveRat2

Village Elder

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,567 posts
  • Interests:Serious Research and separating the truth from the hype in the paranormal field today.

Posted 27 March 2012 - 08:40 AM

There appears to be several things going on here, and there may be multiple explanations.

As I read this the first event where your son wakes from sleep may simply be a case of lucid dreaming. Especially if it is a one time event. It is not uncommon for such things to happen, and even in groups of events. Often the initial event triggers similar responses in an individual. you state he was "fully awake" but one of the factors in many such cases is dreaming you are awake while still being asleep. Obviously this raises conflicts in the mind and many people will be convinced they have awakened yet they are still asleep.

Your seeing a "man" while getting your son ready for school is a separate event. Where you the only one to see him? Is this also a one time event? Is it possible previous events may have led to this one?

Regarding the relating of the events by third party consider that anything so related may be influenced by that person's own beliefs. As an investigator I seldom give much creedence to stories related by a third party unless they can be questioned directly. For instance the "black eyes". Where was that observed? Could conditions present at the time simply have caused them to appear that way? Are there any other motives this person may have for relating such a claim? Off course I can't say any of these possibilities are in fact accurate. But that is exactly the reason why I discount them; I can't verify them one way or the other without actually speaking with the witness.

This is something that would require you actually making contact with an investigator who could do interviews and an on-site investigation in order to draw any definitive conclusions. Like most such postings a forum does not allow for enough details to make any definitive recommendations. And also be wary of basing a conclusion on impressions. That would simply feed any current fears you may have adding to the uncertainty.

#4 DarciaMoonz

DarciaMoonz

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 08:35 PM

I was thinking lucid dreaming too, but there are factors that make me wonder if it is something more. 1 being shortly after we moved there, he made a new friend and he called his friend "Star". When I asked him where did Star come from, he showed me a spot on the wall that I could not wipe away no matter what I used on it. So I have been thinking if maybe it was "Star" who came to see him, but to make him feel semi comfy, it (whatever it was) used an image that was familiar to him. As he got older he told me that Star said they could not speak anymore because he was getting older. After seeing this person (if you can call it that). He woke me up screaming because something grabbed his legs under the covers. His description of it, was "cold skeleton hands". I have always been drawn to a closed up area that was in his room but never had the guts to open it due to my own fears of what may be hidden up there and not just fear of the attic like most of us have, but genuine "WARNING DON'T DO IT" fear. I consider myself semi brave and know what can be hiding in an attic that hasn't been opened for who knows how long, but I have always been drawn to that area and my son also. He says that he feels like the owner of that room was trying to tell him something, but he was too scared to find out what is was. His dad is not a believer in other worldly things, at least not until he kept hearing whispering in his ear that he thought was me until it happened to him while he was alone, and it didn't start until we moved into that apartment. I personally think that whatever it was was always with him because I always felt that he was two people so to speak. Now I am not sure if it is possible to have so much bad in you that it "leaks" out, but I am certain that there is definitely someone/something else besides him residing inside. There have also been events with the lights switch being turned on and off. I was in dreamworld and did not see it, but again, I woke up to my son screaming for me because I was unaware that it was happening and again it stopped when I woke up. My cats would lay on the bed with me and then get all fuzzy and start looking into the hall at some thing that I could not see, but feel. His dad would not sleep by the door because he said that there was something there and again he was not a believer. Probably the scariest thing that happened there, was when we thought someone had broken into the house and was ransacking the place while we were upstairs and when we went down there was no one there (this event was the breaking point and the reason why we moved). As far as the man goes that I saw. I was fully awake and had been up for a few hours prior to me getting my son up for school. Whoever he was seemed to only be interested in his dad and didn't seem to think twice about us in the bathroom. So there is no way I was dreaming. I have had my clothes pulled up in that apartment, I tried to take a nap on the sofa and had the covers ripped off of me and thrown into the kitchen where I left it by the way because I ran upstairs, and have also had the whispering, but not to the extent of his dad. Whatever they were saying to him bothered him and for me it was more of a comforting so to speak. Kinda like I was being protected if that makes any sense. I am not bashing his dad for being a bad father because even though we are not together we respect each other and are actually better off separate than together (which I actually like!), but I know that things didn't get so live until he came into the picture. I have always been sensitive as well as a few of my other family members, but these event bother me more than any other events I have experienced due to the fact that my son was deeply affected by it and it still bothers me to this day. In regards to my son's father's current wife, I can agree with you that she may have to be interviewed, and I myself would like more info about that particular event. I was not there but as I stated, she was very shaken up about the whole event. In any event, we have had many things happen to use while me and his dad were together and they seemed to have quieted down after our breakup. It didn't stop completely, but it did get a lot more quiet. I would still like to know what/who was it that he saw. Like I said, I don't think it was a BEK because I know what those are, and the lucid dreaming may be a possibility, but he did not see a person in his dream, only felt the presence of someone being there. I would suspect that after a while of waking one should be aware of reality versus dreaming. Who/whatever it was was there for a while before it decided to leave from him calling me. I have been looking online to see if there is something other than BEKS that have black eyes, but have yet to come up with anything. I will search the boards to see if anyone else has seen anything like this and I greatly appreciate your reply to my post:-). Unfortunately for my loving child, he is about to get grilled about what he remembers about that night. The good thing is, at least this particular spirit or whatever didn't hurt us like the last one we had (I have the scar on my arm still to this day and the others who lived in the three family house were all apart of whatever what was going on there). That's a mystery for another day, but I think we have it pretty much figured out from our research about the property. Again thank you:-)

#5 petunia4998

petunia4998

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,533 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 07:22 PM

I'm glad you have figured it out. There's nothing worse than being in the dark. :clap:
petunia4998

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users