• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Lefty

Lefty

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 12:09 PM

I haven't been here for a while, but I would like the board's help. My father died about a week ago and I am devastated. My father loved my horse. I was up at the barn today, and the horse was acting very oddly. He was jumpy and he kept staring at something I couldn't see and snorting. Could he have been seeing my father? I would like to think so.

#2 petunia4998

petunia4998

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,533 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 01:40 PM

I am sure it was your father. Animals can see spirits easily. :)
petunia4998

#3 barb_s13

barb_s13

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 73 posts
  • Interests:Everything paranormal, but especially the Bridgewater Triangle. When not investigating the unexplainable, I like to read, write, walk my little white dog Malcolm, garden, cook and paint.

Posted 30 April 2012 - 08:18 AM

I agree - animals can see and/or sense spirits we can't - I also wonder if they have the capacity to hear them better than we can, too. Having said that, my sincerest condolences for the loss of your father. My father passed away from a sudden, massive heart attack back in 1992 and only three years later, my mom died from lung cancer. All I can tell you is that although you'll always miss him terribly, you'll learn to live with your loss in time - yes, time does heal all.

And just know that they never leave us. I still feel my mom, dad and grandmother's presence each and every day. They guide me, they care and they will be there for me when it's my time to cross over. Talk to him - tell him how much you miss him - and make him proud of how you continue to live your life.

I could share some stories with you regarding how my passed loved ones make their presence known to me on a regular basis - I don't look for it - and no equipment necessary - it just happens and it's a great comfort.

And although you need time to grieve, to cry, to reflect on your father, I hope your heal fast. Reach out to friends and family (I even went to counseling for a bit), and do believe that they are always with you. You just can't see them.
Apparitions are often confused with hauntings. The difference is that apparitions are "live" (intelligent consciousness) and hauntings are "recordings."- LOYD AUERBACH, interview

#4 Juanita Rose Violini

Juanita Rose Violini

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 39 posts
  • Interests:Mysteries of the metaphysical and of the puzzle type. Drawing, writing, beading, hiking, house cleaning - just my own - travel, driving, comedy.

Posted 30 April 2012 - 09:46 AM

Animals can totally see spirits and for some reason horses seem especially psychic. There have been some marvelous examples of horses being able to see beyond the veil.

In the 1940s a family of three horses lived together on an Ohio farm belonging to Wilman Thone. At the age of five the youngest horse, Little Meg, daughter of the other two horses Dan, a dapple grey and Beauty, a black mare passed away. Nevertheless the other two horses continued to act as it she was still nudging and teasing her parents.

Beauty would still make her huffing sound and behave as if something was blocking her path, pushing it aside. Dan keep on being squeezed away from Beauty when the two older horses were drinking with their heads close together. A space between them would open up, just big enough for another horse.

One summer day, Wilman went to call the two horses in from the pasture when she saw a third horse grazing with them. Astonished she recognized Little Meg keeping Dan and Beauty company. As Wilman raced towards the black mare, calling her name, the Little Meg lifted her head and gazed at her with soft brown eyes then faded away. Meg often appeared in the pasture after that. In 1948 Wilman saw Little Meg standing before her with Dan at her side. She watched as the two horses gallop away then discovered Dan's body.

There's more to the story but that's a good example of horses riding through the crack between the worlds.
Posted Image

#5 Lefty

Lefty

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 03:09 PM

Thank you so much for the lovely replies.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users