16 replies to this topic

#1 5kav3n

5kav3n

• Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Interests:Ghost Hunting, Video Games, Art

Posted 08 May 2012 - 11:06 AM

Hello,

I'm extremely new to this site and the message board. I need a bit of help identifying something. I am a paranormal investigator, and we went out to investigate a cemetery in our area. Upon arriving our group medium said she could see a small animal looking spirit. She said it looked like an opossum or something. Well, I decided to make first contact with this spirit and did so.

Now, it appears that the spirit is following me around, and is actually communicating with me via my Ghost Radar application on my cell phone. The spirit has said a lot to me this way, including talking of a bond or being bound. Having a master and more.

Has anyone run across these types of spirits before. I have tried communicating with him differently, i tried using a spirit box, but when its naked its to much interference, when its shielded its too hard for it to operate. These are all things ive gathered from intelligent conversations via my phone app.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Brandon

#2 Cryscat

Cryscat

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 590 posts
  • Interests:spirituality, art, design, reading, photography, my family (of course), nature, biology, genetics... I could go on, but I think I will stop here.

Posted 08 May 2012 - 07:15 PM

Hi, I don't know what kind of spirit that would be, but have you recorded any of this?
Don't take life too seriously, no one ever gets out alive.

#3 CaveRat2

CaveRat2

Village Elder

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,547 posts
  • Interests:Serious Research and separating the truth from the hype in the paranormal field today.

Posted 09 May 2012 - 08:09 AM

Another reason not to use apps such as Ghost radar or Ghost Boxes. These are triggered by EM Fields, and there are literally millions of sources for EM Fields around.. Of course your ghost box is going to go off. And you will hear many phrases or other things that might be attributed to a spirit. But when considering "hits" one must also include misses. That is the inherent problem with this type of thing.

Consider, you ask a question, "What is your name?". The ghost box responds with "fear", "outside", "cold","tom", "bear","car", "died". All this interspaced with a lot of clicks and random noise.

Now most people would look at that list of responses and immediately assume the word "Tom" was the answer to the question. But realistically all words were generated in the same manner.and all must be given equal weight. So either the spirit doesn't know what it wants to say or the ghost box just happened to hit on a random name in its scan of possible responses. That's assuming the name was clearly heard. In the case of most ghost boxes which randomly tune radio stations the quality of the voice is so garbled that audio paraedolia (apophenia) must also be considered.

Bottoim line, something from a ghost app or ghost box with no other supporting evidence is not reliable enough to even suspect that anything is actually present. I wouldn't worry about it.

#4 creepyjon

creepyjon

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 02:42 PM

How on earth can those cell phone apps really work? They just spit out random words so I wouldn't make too much of that. However I have seen an unidentified animal like ghost before myself. I think it has something to do with Indians or guardians put there by the Indians. Generally if anything does ever follow you, just go back to where it came from and tell it to stay where it belongs.
Visit Ghosts of the Valley for my collection of paranormal evidence. http://ghostsofthevalley.net

#5 5kav3n

5kav3n

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 10:58 AM

Wow, thank you all for you help and advice. I would discard the information and just believe it to be a fluke of the machine or what have you, but I have had the thing go off and form intelligent thoughts. It says it is a "Satellite" or what I gathered a information gatherer. I wish I had more information.

I go back to where I found this spirit regularly, but he always follows me, and my medium friend says that he no longer keeps the company of those like him. Like he is a outcast, that of which I knew when I met it, because it told us that. Its the smallest and possibly the weakest, but even at its weakest, it still provides me with info.

Im not sure what it is, but Im eager to find out, mainly because it keeps mentioning "bonding" or being "Bound". I dont mind the spirit being around, im used to that, because I have quite a few experiences with the paranormal. I have asked for the spirit to show it self to others, they usually report back they feel a cool or warm spot playing with them or toying with them.

I dont doubt a spirit it near, I can feel them, and if I send him to a friend of mine who is super sensitive, he immediately starts to tear up and cry. Thats his warning system. :D

Thank you so much for all your help. Ill try to keep you posted on what I find out.

#6 White Witch

White Witch

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 532 posts
  • Interests:Spirits, Photography, Paranormal Programs, Old Homes and Cottage Life

Posted 26 July 2012 - 10:46 AM

Sounds interesting please keep us in the know.
Right this way to my haunted space.

#7 unicornmoonsong

unicornmoonsong

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 01:34 PM

This is an intresting story indeed, I would tend to also think it would be a nature sprit or of native american origins. Have you thought of trying to contact a local shaman for assistasnce and information? Please keep the group informed, best wishes

#8 5kav3n

5kav3n

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 12:07 PM

I contacted my Elder Shaman, she said to leave it be. She said that its a creature from another dimension, and allowing it to be here will destroy the world. Im paraphrasing, but thats what I was told. I dont understand this reasoning, because this thing has been here long before I have.

I am a Shaman/Egyptian Pagan, and I even tried to relate it to some of the egyptian lore, but Its either a Elemental, Animal Spirit, or Demon.

I just dont know what yet. Keep in mind, this thing doesnt do anything destructive as far as I can tell.

#9 unicornmoonsong

unicornmoonsong

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 08:45 PM

It's great that it has not been distructive or caused harm yet, but that still does not mean that it is not capable of doing so. I would be cautious still. Best to err on the side of wisdom...

#10 Cryscat

Cryscat

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 590 posts
  • Interests:spirituality, art, design, reading, photography, my family (of course), nature, biology, genetics... I could go on, but I think I will stop here.

Posted 11 August 2012 - 05:22 PM

May I suggest using a recorder of some kind? Digital or an old tape recorder. Maybe you could ask some questions ...
Don't take life too seriously, no one ever gets out alive.

#11 5kav3n

5kav3n

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 11:02 AM

I ask it questions all the time. And I am careful. Sometimes it answers, but never in a open way. If that makes sense. I have used a Ghost Radar on my phone, and I have used ghost boxes, and other types of recorders.

For now, I just let it be, and let it come and go as it pleases.

I dont know what else to do.

#12 Bay Area Spirit History

Bay Area Spirit History

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 01:05 PM

5kav - just curious. Do you have any pets...cat or dog? If so, do they react strange when you think this spirit is around? This may be a way to confirm if a spirit is near. I don't have much faith in the Ghost Radar app.

#13 5kav3n

5kav3n

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 10:17 AM

I do have animals. I have a red tailed boa, a cat, and two rats.

My rats are occupied with gathering food, the snake is lazy...and the cat, does stare at things that I may not be able to see. The cat I had before this one would to the same thing.

Odd side note, the other day I saw a cat around my tv, i didnt think anything about it, just thinking it was my cat. Well, i turn around, and see my cat at the back door. So, who was the other cat? People who have stayed at my house have told me of another cat. But, i only have one.

Just a fun story about my cats.

:D So yes, they do.

#14 DougA

DougA

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • Interests:Paranormal investigations

Posted 17 September 2012 - 03:00 PM

Whoa ! 1-First thing is to investigate the "Psychic" you had in your group. How do you know she is psychic? What is her track record, has there been any study or proof of her talents other than her say so ?
2- Remember the power of suggestion, If you expect to see or hear something you probabaly will.
3- Phone apps are toys, play with them, but if they really worked, the inventor would have made the news and we would all be using them. They do not work.
4- Investigating in graveyards is #1 tresspassing, and #2- open air investigations are essentially contaminated from the start and it is difficult to rule out false positives in an uncontroled environment.
Do you have any recorded evidence of an entity? Why do you think it is following you ? Not to be mean or anything, but why do you assume it is paranormal to begin with?
After throughly reviewing everything that may be naturally occuring phenomena, you may have something unexplainable. I would ask a seasoned investigator to investigate yourself asap. Doing it yourself is like being your own lawyer, you can not be objective.
Finally, Information provided on a public forum should always be suspect. There is no way anyone can give you a correct answer when no one knows the whole story and circumstances but you. Find a reputable local team to sit down with and tell them every detail. ( more than once). The process of spirit identification is long and tedious. ( but exciting) Take your time to get all the facts, then do a ton of research.
Think about it, Your MD would not make a diagnosis over the phone or the internet, so how would you expect to get a supernatural diagnosis on line??
Be careful out there, study hard before you dive into to something that could be potentially dangerous !
Jc Anderson~ Port City Paranormal
PortCityParanormal

#15 5kav3n

5kav3n

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 03:58 PM

Hi there.

Our psychic for our team is a medium and is a medium at a Spiritualist camp in florida. I know she is a medium, so I dont doubt that.

We dont go off of what we see or hear as far as our paranormal investigating has been going. But instead usually try to rely on the evidence that was captured, if any.

I agree, but we have had some really good and true information come through some. And most of it is usually the entity im refering to. Ive even asked it before, what it wants, its simply says, "Help" "Crew" "Satalite" "Learn". I gathered this to mean he wants to be our information guy.

Not tresspassing in graveyards, we get permission, and have actually had the sherrifs dept on our side. It is public property unless its gated and locked, or posted hours are visible. We know all about the open air investigations. So yeah...hear ya on that.

The information i have come across seems to point to paranormal. I looked up the posibility of it being something else, closest i got was nature spirits. But even then our medium insists its demonic. As for a reputable local team..thats my team. :P I have spoken to other teams, but many are very..closed. As in, not very informative, or just no response at all. The only other person i have heard of having this type of experience was Zak Bagans from Ghost Adventures. He had run ins with the same thing. Ghostly rodents. He doesnt respond to my tweets or emails..so i have up on him as a source of info. Funny thing is, this happened to him in Clearwater Florida i think, and i live in orlando Florida..so..kinda odd.

Anyways, thanks for the info. Anyway, thanks for the info, sorry it took so much time to reply.

Thanks,

Brandon
SSPI (Sunshine State Paranomal Investigators)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users