HELP PLEASE

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 SSmiffy

SSmiffy

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 01:12 PM

I appologise if this is the wrong place for any advice but my son his wife and children are having some problems and its getting really scary for them. My grandaughter is 4 years old and got scared the other night when she was in bed so my son (her dad) told her to cuddle upto her 2 year old sister. She turned around to him and said "no coz that man is staring at LouLou (her 2 year old sister)". Her dad said what man and she pointed into the corner. so they had the children sleep with them that night. Last night my son borrowed my camcorder to see if they could record anything. They tested the camcorder to make sure it was working and it was so they set it up in the bedroom (with exactly the same settings) and left it running all night. they hooked it up to the tv this morning and it wouldnt play at all yet the test played. I hooked it upto my computer and it plays everything except that night long recording. Is there anything supernatural about this or havnt they got anything to worry about. Can i just add that my niece once lived at the same house about 2 years ago and captured orbs on a camera in the basement.

#2 aloha_spirit

aloha_spirit

I'm 100% Poi Dog!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,534 posts
  • Interests:Computer Programming, Books, Movies, Nature, Religion.

Posted 10 May 2012 - 11:38 PM

Children do have active imaginations (look at imaginary friends for example). Children are more believing and thus less likely to rationalize away the weird.

Without further proof or evidence, I'm not sure what advice we can offer. Orbs are often misidentified dust particles - something someone would expect in a basement. You know your son and grandchildren better than we do. If it bothers you, take whatever precautions your faith deems appropriate.

I didn't lose my mind - I have it backed up on a disk ... somewhere

#3 kitkia2

kitkia2

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 07:08 AM

i would only worry if bad things start to happen other wise it could just be a loved one u have lost or some soul thats lost if u like u can have some one come in and bless the home for more peace of mind...but thats just me good luck

#4 CaveRat2

CaveRat2

Village Elder

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,561 posts
  • Interests:Serious Research and separating the truth from the hype in the paranormal field today.

Posted 11 May 2012 - 07:31 AM

I would never base a claim of paranormal activity on the failure of an electronic device to function properly. Too many variables can cause that, extended use, unattended.... who can say? As an investigator if I get a failure in a piece of equipment it means one thing. Repeat the experiment and pay closer attention to why the first attempt failed. Usually you find the cause was something you did wrong or contributed to and you can correct it the second time.

As for a child, many children deal with imaginary friends. It's quite normal and also not the basis to make a claim on its own. Now if it is accompanied by other more tangible evidence then it may be worth looking into, but from what is described here I wouldn't worry about it.

And orbs are dust, 99.99% of the time. especially if they are not seen with the eye and only captured on a camera..

#5 SSmiffy

SSmiffy

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 09:10 AM

Thanks for the advice, my daughter in law is a church goer and is having a word with her priest to bless the house. Thanks again for the replies and advice.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users