17 replies to this topic

#1 flyingorb

flyingorb

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,754 posts
  • Interests:Infrared Photography

Posted 10 May 2012 - 11:07 PM

It was a typical day. I didn't feel well, but couldn't quite put my finger on what was wrong, so I decided to go into work anyway. Once at work I started working at the computer and remember darkness around the edges of my vision as I was looking at the keyboard. The next thing I remember was hearing voices and slowly realized I was on the floor. Then I recognized Mat, the veterans representative, over me. Apparently he had been giving me CPR, but I had no recollection of it at all.
I was taken to the hospital and spent the next two days in ICU. After they couldn't figure out what had happened to me, I was transferred to a main floor for observation. After the transfer I was at the edge of the bed cleaning up a bit. The next thing I experienced was voices, overhead lights moving past, severe pain in my face and the realization I was moving on a gurney. As I became more aware of my surroundings and asked ,"What Happened?"; I was told I did a face plant on the floor and was going for a CAT scan. My next brilliant question was "Huh?" I had a massive heart attack and was told my heart rhythm had been "incompatible with life". Technically, I was dead for several minutes. They administered CPR and had to hit me several times with a defibrillator to bring me back.

No tunnels of light, no visions of the next world, no passage of time, nothing, it was like turning a light switch off and then back on while I was on the gurney (probably for the best as I was told that I flopped around alot from the defibrillator and probably wouldn't want to remember that anyway LoL). Frankly, it wasn't what I would have expected. Slowly I have come to realize that the Bible, and Jesus Himself, referred to death many times as "sleeping".
If my experience was typical, then the following begs to be answered: During my paranormal investigations I photographed, recorded and interacted with non-corporeal entities. To myself and "sensitives" I worked with, these entities presented themselves as human; However, we never could conclusively prove if they were human, or nonhuman.

If we "sleep" when we die then the entities we interacted with had to be nonhuman and they must therefor have an agenda. What is it? I don't know for sure, but I do know that everyone we met that was "ghost hunting" was ALWAYS drawn deeper and deeper into the occult. Perhaps this is the purpose in itself?

I cannot say that this is what definitely happens to everyone who dies, I can only base my conclusions on my own near-death experience and logical deduction from several years of paranormal investigation.

Just something to think about............
CRY HAVOK! Let Slip The Chihuahuas Of War.....When an ORB dies.......a Chihuahua is born!

#2 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,400 posts
  • Interests:Life

Posted 12 May 2012 - 01:27 AM

That is a pretty interesting experience FlyigOrb. With my limited knowledge, that experience makes me wonder about the other side and various leveles on existence. Theosophy clearly explains what could have this been.
Posted Image

#3 the queen

the queen

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 12 May 2012 - 01:39 PM

interesting thought. i'm a pentacostal and ghost hunting is strictly forbidden. i've always been a rebel and anything strictly forbidden was to be explored.

i'm so glad they were able to bring you back and clearly your work here on earth with us mortals is not over. i just wonder however, if you have to be crossed over for a longer period of time than you were. now please do not feel obligated to test that theory. Posted Image

sorry, don't know how to edit original post i made. i meant to say i wonder if you have to be crossed over longer than you were to wake up over there and discover things. say when we ghost hunt and find things, maybe those folks have been dead longer than a day.
Fondly,the Queen
"What a long strange trip it's been" aka Grateful Dead
The West Memphis 3 Are Free!!!!!
www.wm3.org

#4 flyingorb

flyingorb

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,754 posts

Posted 12 May 2012 - 09:42 PM

That is a pretty interesting experience FlyigOrb. With my limited knowledge, that experience makes me wonder about the other side and various leveles on existence. Theosophy clearly explains what could have this been.

Theosophy? I'm not familiar with that. Care to elaborate on it a bit Moon?

Posted Image Hello Queen, You could be right. I was only dead for a matter of minutes. As always I don't have any answers- just more questions. LoL I do know the experience brought me closer to my God and Family. In fact my family has all been drawn closer by it too.
CRY HAVOK! Let Slip The Chihuahuas Of War.....When an ORB dies.......a Chihuahua is born!

#5 aloha_spirit

aloha_spirit

I'm 100% Poi Dog!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,534 posts
  • Interests:Computer Programming, Books, Movies, Nature, Religion.

Posted 13 May 2012 - 01:47 PM

Under Hebrew tradition, someone is considered truly dead only after three deays have elapsed. That is why Jesus waited until three days to raise Lazarus, and why he didn't raise himself until enough time had passed. I've also noticed death refered to as sleeping.

Theosophy comes from Greek meaning divine wisdom. "The goal of theosophy is to explore the origin of divinity and humanity, and the end of world, life and humanity. From investigation of those topics theosophists try to discover a coherent description of the purpose and origin of the universe."

Also, I never felt it more appropriate to say welcome back.

I didn't lose my mind - I have it backed up on a disk ... somewhere

#6 the queen

the queen

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 01:57 PM

oh yes flying, i'm sure you were brought closer to God and your family is very appreciative that you were saved. be well and be blessed
Fondly,the Queen
"What a long strange trip it's been" aka Grateful Dead
The West Memphis 3 Are Free!!!!!
www.wm3.org

#7 flyingorb

flyingorb

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,754 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 03:31 PM

Thanks Aloha,
Thanks Queen,

I hope I don't get the chance to test the "dead for 3 days" thing! LoL. I am starting to notice some Bible scholars talk about us sleeping in death and not having a sense of passing time. It would be logical. Flip the switch off and the next thing you know would be the resurrection, no matter how many years from now it happens. It would seem immediate to the dead person, the same way I experienced several minutes without a conscientious sense of time passage. You two be well too.Posted Image

#8 marilsolstice

marilsolstice

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 09:24 AM

I stumbled upon this interesting story in one of the blogs I go to...

http://booalert.com/...ody-experiences

she claimed that her father died for 2hours and lived again ...

.. I for one don't believe in Christianity and the story that when you die a light guide you to the heavens.. I imagine death to be dark, sorrowful, and oblivious.

An Interesting new way on sharing your Paranormal experiences click here!

Posted Image

#9 Puti

Puti

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 724 posts
  • Interests:Interested in life in all it's forms

Posted 13 June 2012 - 10:44 PM

Welcome back flyingorb, REALLY! I've been away from this board for awhile and your post interested me. It's a subject I've had an interest in for many years.

If you are interested in reading up, a good place to start is with PMH Atwater who has researched this subject for 40 years, as she had at least 3 NDEs herself. Her latest and last book on the subject is
"Near-Death Experiences, the rest of the story"

I just recently watched a DVD with her talk as she calls it "NDE as a Threshold Experience". I certain believe that NDEs and NDE-like experiences are life changing as there is a brain shift.

Nice name you have by the way, flyingorb!
"We grow neither better or worse as we get old, but more like ourselves."May L. BeckerCoffee.......the foundation of consciousness

#10 flyingorb

flyingorb

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,754 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 11:23 PM

Hi Marilsolstice
Interesting story, thanks for posting the link. I don't dispute what her Father experienced. I can only relate what I experienced. Only thing I can be sure about is that it is likely we all will eventually have our own experience as we pass through the dark veil..

Hi Puti
Thanks for the suggestion. I have a serious flaw with a skeptical nature though. That's why I originally went into paranormal investigation and only trusted results that I personally experienced and pulled/recorded from my own equipement. Anytime I see someone making money their claims become suspect, but hey that's just me. LoL The name came from several years ago when I was heavily involved in paranormal near infrared research and had my own website. Initially I envisioned we would travel where we willed in an energy efficient spherical shape after death, so Flyingorb seemed appropriate. Now, I doubt that and based on my own experience I think it's "lights out" when we die, until God revives us sometime in the future.

I wish you both well

#11 Puti

Puti

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 724 posts
  • Interests:Interested in life in all it's forms

Posted 15 June 2012 - 12:07 AM

Hi again Steven. You haven't met a skeptic unless you were brought up in my family! My Dad use to constantly say, "Don't believe anything you hear, and half of what you see." Very annoying to me as a child. When I had children of my own it popped out of my mouth one day and for the first time in my life I knew what he was getting at.
Blessings to you on your journey!
"We grow neither better or worse as we get old, but more like ourselves."May L. BeckerCoffee.......the foundation of consciousness

#12 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,400 posts
  • Interests:Life

Posted 07 July 2012 - 01:35 PM

Theosophy? I'm not familiar with that. Care to elaborate on it a bit Moon?

Orbie, according to wikipedia

Theosophy (from Greek θεοσοφία theosophia, from θεός theos, divine + σοφία sophia, wisdom; literally "divine wisdom"), refers to systems of esoteric philosophy concerning, or investigation seeking direct knowledge of, presumed mysteries of being and nature, particularly concerning the nature of divinity.
Theosophy is considered a part of the broader field of esotericism, referring to hidden knowledge or wisdom that offers the individual enlightenment and salvation.

According to the Theosophical teachings, we (the soul) have many bodies, the physical body is one of them. the other bodies are Astral Body, Emotional Body, Mental Body (and further). It is all about the concentration of energy where it manifest as matter which differentiates each body, and the more less dense the matter is, the more finer and easy the body is. Apart from these, we also have an Etheric Body, which overlays the physical body. The Eteric Body is also called the Etheric Double, which has all the features of the hysical body but is also one that can dettached from the physical plane. Dopplegangers are usually this body of the person that appears in another time and place. (Also the departed spirit that appears to near and dear ones after immediete death). Mostly at the time of trauma, the ehtreic Body dislodges from the physical body and can retain the memories of those moments and brings them into our physical brain. Perhaps, This is what happend with you as well.

In effect what we call "death" is merely the act of disintegrating the physical body, the existence continues in the other planes for many more years and the soul evolve.

http://www.theosophy...man__a_brie.htm -- click this link to see a brief about the various bodies of a human being. (according to the Theosophical teachings)
Posted Image

#13 Mystic Hippy

Mystic Hippy

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 348 posts
  • Interests:computers, arts & crafts, nature, photography, ghost hunting, mediumship, supernatural/paranormal, etc.

Posted 07 July 2012 - 04:39 PM

i've been dead 3 times. each experience was completely different.
Have you hugged your ghost today?The Porch - Ghosts, paranormal, supernatural

#14 bobbyjgallo

bobbyjgallo

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 05:04 PM

I would love to hear more about your experiences Mystic Hippy!
Watch our original paranormal web-series "Gallo Family Ghost Hunters" on blip.tv

#15 Katelush

Katelush

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 07:56 AM

i'm happy they were able to get you back flyingorb, I love reading about near death experiences, it's just so fascinating. My uncle had a near death experience, and he said he saw just white and everything was spinning. Very strange, but like you he had more questions than answers.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users