• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 ouija13

ouija13

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 01:29 PM

Hi Everyone,
I am new to the ghost village forum, and have recently become interested in the paranormal. I have been using a ouija board, but nothing out of the ordinary has occurred. Am I doing it in the wrong place? Tips and info would be greatly appreciated as well as any personal accounts.
Thanks!

#2 Abominable Dr. Civis!

Abominable Dr. Civis!

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 52 posts
  • Interests:I enjoy kayaking, hiking, geocaching, foreign films, suspense, cheaply-made action or slasher films, folklore, working out, keeping a myriad of friends and acquaintances, green tea, Pixies (the band), spontaneity and adventure! Oh, and ghost-hunting too of course, though I find its more like fishing.

Posted 10 June 2012 - 07:48 PM

I can almost guarantee the tip most people will give you is not to use it at all. I had a few interesting and one nasty experience with a ouija board so I haven't used it since. It didn't seem to matter too much where I used it or who I was with so I couldn't offer any insight into that unfortunately but I imagine its just an odds game. Like fishing, you throw out a lure and see what bites and hopefully it doesn't drag you in.
"The big brain am winning! I am the greetest! Mwa-ha-ha-ha! I must now leave Earth for no raisin! " -Chief Big Brain of Futurama

#3 ouija13

ouija13

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 10:02 PM

Thanks for the advice. I'll spend more time researching this topic and wait until I have gained a deeper understanding before trying for communication.

#4 creepyjon

creepyjon

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 03:14 PM

I almost lost a friend in high school growing up due to one, and have not trusted them one little bit since then. There are many evil things that can show up in them. They can even pretend to be someone you know. Some people do use them, but they are well aware of the risks and the chance of getting someone who isn't the spirit you want. They are NOT toys, and should not be sold at toys r us!
Visit Ghosts of the Valley for my collection of paranormal evidence. http://ghostsofthevalley.net

#5 jayde

jayde

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • Interests:singing, dancing, swimming, paranormal, elves, fairys, demons, ghosts---all things paranormal.

Posted 14 June 2012 - 11:58 PM

I agree with the others. The ouija board is very interesting, but it can be so dangerous. Dangerous entities could attach themselves to you and even your family and friends. But I'm not one to judge. Just make sure this is what you want to do and research it heavily before making any decisions. There are definitely more ways to communicate and get amazing results other than the board.
Good luck =)

Ghosts don't haunt us. That's not how it works. They're present among us because we won't let go of them."

#6 bluepukeko

bluepukeko

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 02:44 AM

Ouija boards aren't safe. Don't mess with them.

#7 White Witch

White Witch

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 525 posts
  • Interests:Spirits, Photography, Paranormal Programs, Old Homes and Cottage Life

Posted 19 June 2012 - 06:37 PM

Many years ago myself and some friends used a Ouija board. The first time was at a friends house. One of us asked who is your mother and father. The answer came the devil and God. Stupidly I had another friend bring the board to my house. We were in the basement but I can't recall any questions we asked. I do emember it spelt a word that neither of us knew. I went to look it up not beleiving I would find it. Sure enough it was there in the dictionary it meant Omen. I told her to get the board and never bring it back to my house. I would never use one again never.
Right this way to my haunted space.

#8 Puti

Puti

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 724 posts
  • Interests:Interested in life in all it's forms

Posted 19 June 2012 - 07:29 PM

I agree with all the above poster's words of caution. Using the board seems to me like living in a big city and taking the front door of your house off and allowing whoever and whatever to enter.
There are other ways of making "contact" that will let you be in control , and are a lot safer.
"We grow neither better or worse as we get old, but more like ourselves."May L. BeckerCoffee.......the foundation of consciousness

#9 aloha_spirit

aloha_spirit

I'm 100% Poi Dog!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,534 posts
  • Interests:Computer Programming, Books, Movies, Nature, Religion.

Posted 19 June 2012 - 11:57 PM

Aloha and welcome to the Village!

First a bit of an introduction. My name's Lokela, though I go by the Aloha Spirit. I'm highly spiritual and religious. I belong to The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, so I view the paranormal through that paradigm. I don't mean to get preachy, but don't hesitate to let me know if it gets out of hand.

I view Ouija as a portal. When you use one, you are knocking on a door without any way to know who (or what) will answer. You are inviting an unknown entity. These entities may be good or evil, most likely a mixture of the two. there is nothing stopping them from lying or impersonating another. Once invited in, they can be extremely dificult to forcibly expel.

People who are in favor of the Ouija will advise you to protect yourself according to your faith. What that exactly means differs from person to person. Some make a circle of salt to form a barrier. Others burn sage or incense. Some suggest being in the presence of an icon or saying a prayer.

If you are Christian, I strongly urge you to consider what you are doing. Will your prayer for protection seem hypocritical? "Lord, protect me from the possibly bad things I'm about to invite."

I didn't lose my mind - I have it backed up on a disk ... somewhere

#10 TataSacaEmpeņo

TataSacaEmpeņo

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 09:27 AM

I only have to say one thing about the Ouija:

Santeria is considered a dark and dangerous faith by many.. and even people who practice Santeria like myself refuse to use the ouija. As a matter of fact bringing one near us is hazardous to your health(cause most santeros will make you poop teeth for weeks for that)

Take that as my advice.

#11 kats_god

kats_god

Has a problem with gas?

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,367 posts
  • Interests:Art

Posted 21 June 2012 - 10:32 PM

Here is my take on the board subjest (and for any members of GV that have been here for a while know what i'm gonna say). I say...never touch the things. You are opening a door way to something unknown and talking to somebody you dont know. It could be anybody or thing saying they are somebody else just to come to this side. Its like picking up a phone...closing your eyes and just hitting numbers...you never know who you are going to get on the other side.
Check out my artwork at:http://www.jimdemick.com/
and on Facebook
Posted Image https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Art-of-Jim-Demick/261669903877527

Posted ImagePosted Image

"There are some things money can't buy...A good imagination is one of them

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users