sleep paralysis terrifying

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 jayde

jayde

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • Interests:singing, dancing, swimming, paranormal, elves, fairys, demons, ghosts---all things paranormal.

Posted 15 June 2012 - 03:53 AM

I was just wondering if I could get some opinions on one of my experiences.
For the past year or so, I've been having what I like to call sleep paralysis. My first encounter was about 9 months ago. I remember reading my Kindle late one night, deciding it was time to go to sleep and just turned over on my side. I felt my eyes close, but then they shot right back open. When they did, I felt absolutely NO control over my body. I couldn't speak or move my mouth. I couldn't even wiggle my toes. I remember this feeling of intense fear and being terrified. I could move my eyes around and could see everything clear, but if someone had set fire to me, I would not have been able to do anything about it. My husband was laying right beside me, and I couldn't even yell or shake him awake.
The second time (more instances occured, these are just a couple of the intense ones), I remember doing the exact same thing. Turning over on my side and closing my eyes. The same thing happened, only this time I was looking right outside my bedroom door and I saw a black figure with long, tangled hair. That was the only thing that I could make out. It just stoood there, like it was the thing that was paralyzing me. I felt my hair stand on end and this feeling of absolute fear and dread. Finally, I just started praying. I am not a VERY religious person, but I was so scared out of my mind, I prayed to God in my head to let me get through it. Finally, after I would estimate to be about 10 minutes, all the feeling started coming back to my body and I shot up like I was taking a big breath from being underwater for a long time.
I don't know what this could be. This is something that gives me the chills even typing it right here. I have looked up the signs and symptoms of sleep paralysis, but I honestly don't believe it is that. I don't do drugs, I dont take any kind of medication other than Advil and vitamins, I don't have too much of a screwed up sleep schedule. I just can't understand it.
This happens to me about every other week. I don't know what I need to do to make it stop, but it's horrifying me and I want to do what it takes to get this to stop.
Anyone have any suggestions on what it could be, or what I could do to stop it? Thank you!

Ghosts don't haunt us. That's not how it works. They're present among us because we won't let go of them."

#2 Abominable Dr. Civis!

Abominable Dr. Civis!

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 53 posts
  • Interests:I enjoy kayaking, hiking, geocaching, foreign films, suspense, cheaply-made action or slasher films, folklore, working out, keeping a myriad of friends and acquaintances, green tea, Pixies (the band), spontaneity and adventure! Oh, and ghost-hunting too of course, though I find its more like fishing.

Posted 15 June 2012 - 09:18 PM

This has ben a pretty intense topic that has been posted on many times so you should probably take a look at other people's experiences and see if any of them match yours. There's also a lot of advice there too if you just search for the term sleep paralysis while at the forum homepage. My advice would be to smudge your room with sage and then look around your room to see if you introduced any new objects that may correspond with the phenomena and get rid of those or at least move them far from where you sleep. I would also place Jet or onyx above doorways and perhaps windows and finally say, if not a prayer, a mantra before going to bed that you will not be disturbed that night and convince yourself it will work. I find these things effective so you may want to give it a shot.
"The big brain am winning! I am the greetest! Mwa-ha-ha-ha! I must now leave Earth for no raisin! " -Chief Big Brain of Futurama

#3 jayde

jayde

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • Interests:singing, dancing, swimming, paranormal, elves, fairys, demons, ghosts---all things paranormal.

Posted 17 June 2012 - 01:15 AM

Thank you so much for your input. I apologize for creating a new topic when you say others have posted on this before. I'll definitely look those up because everyone I have talked to about this either doesn't know much about it or thinks I'm crazy. I took some of your advice and placed Onyx above my front door and my bedroom door.
Thanks again for your opinion!

Ghosts don't haunt us. That's not how it works. They're present among us because we won't let go of them."

#4 Seer

Seer

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 369 posts
  • Interests:The Metaphysical. Healing, Self healing, meditation, expanding awareness.<br /><br />I run a meditation group on Wednesday evenings. <br /><br />I love helping others.<br /><br />I am a constant reader and love to learn whatever I can. <br /><br />I used to ride a Harely Sportster 1200 but just upgraded to a Softtail Nighttrain 1450. It's beautiful.

Posted 19 June 2012 - 09:21 PM

This has happened to me many times during my life. Usually it is a precursor to an out of body experience. Did you hear any ringing or a tone in your ears? Usually when your mind is awake and your body is asleep, it is your soul awake in your body. You are looking at everything with your soul/spirit and through your physical body. Did your vision seem a little blurred? When we are in the denser realms we see those things/people/beings/spirits that are in those realms. Surround yourself with light and protection and then think of a pleasant place where you want to be, you should be able to just go.
I am more than my physical body.

#5 marilsolstice

marilsolstice

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 02:34 AM

this is another account that may prove useful.. i think.. but this one's pretty weird..

http://booalert.com/...and-weird-stuff

more like a haunting than a sleep paralysis event in my opinion..

An Interesting new way on sharing your Paranormal experiences click here!

Posted Image

#6 jayde

jayde

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 01:41 AM

marilsolstice..i agree with you. that sounds more like a haunting, maybe even a dream.
thanks for the link

#7 fllnangel17

fllnangel17

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 12:38 PM

To me it does sound like sleep paralyis/old hag syndrome, definitely don't think you are being haunted. But as one of the previous posters said, it doesn't hurt to skim back through the forums for similar topics. :)

#8 Mak Jo Si

Mak Jo Si

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 21 posts
  • Interests:Exorcism, Taoism, Taoist magic, Kung Fu, Chi Kong, Ghost related things

Posted 02 July 2012 - 04:47 PM

I had encountered a case like this before which is similar but is more violent, that is a ghost-rape case...

you can see the story here:

http://www.worldbest.../Ghost-Rape.php

Ghost possession or haunt can happen during sleep or before/after sleep too. If you need help, you can contact me. The problem that people have most of the time is that they seems to get a temporary relief for a short time or for a few times by screaming it off and so on, but then it came back again from time to time. that means the source is still there and it need to be nuked.
My Taoist Temple - Chi in Nature Taoist Temple
My BLOG: Taoist Master Blog
My Exorcist Website! - World's Best Exorcist Web!

Posted Image

#9 jayde

jayde

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 10:34 PM

This has happened to me many times during my life. Usually it is a precursor to an out of body experience. Did you hear any ringing or a tone in your ears? Usually when your mind is awake and your body is asleep, it is your soul awake in your body. You are looking at everything with your soul/spirit and through your physical body. Did your vision seem a little blurred? When we are in the denser realms we see those things/people/beings/spirits that are in those realms. Surround yourself with light and protection and then think of a pleasant place where you want to be, you should be able to just go.

Seer,
To answer your questions--I did hear a lot of ringing in my ears, and at times it sounding like a whole bunch of people whispering to each other. My vision wasn't blurred, but when my "episodes" happen, I have to fight a hard battle to keep my eyelips open. It is like someone is pulling them down and keeping me from opening them. Very odd sensations. Thank you for your input!

#10 DkPhoenix

DkPhoenix

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 14 July 2012 - 04:43 PM

I was just wondering if I could get some opinions on one of my experiences.
For the past year or so, I've been having what I like to call sleep paralysis. My first encounter was about 9 months ago. I remember reading my Kindle late one night, deciding it was time to go to sleep and just turned over on my side. I felt my eyes close, but then they shot right back open. When they did, I felt absolutely NO control over my body. I couldn't speak or move my mouth. I couldn't even wiggle my toes. I remember this feeling of intense fear and being terrified. I could move my eyes around and could see everything clear, but if someone had set fire to me, I would not have been able to do anything about it. My husband was laying right beside me, and I couldn't even yell or shake him awake.
The second time (more instances occured, these are just a couple of the intense ones), I remember doing the exact same thing. Turning over on my side and closing my eyes. The same thing happened, only this time I was looking right outside my bedroom door and I saw a black figure with long, tangled hair. That was the only thing that I could make out. It just stoood there, like it was the thing that was paralyzing me. I felt my hair stand on end and this feeling of absolute fear and dread. Finally, I just started praying. I am not a VERY religious person, but I was so scared out of my mind, I prayed to God in my head to let me get through it. Finally, after I would estimate to be about 10 minutes, all the feeling started coming back to my body and I shot up like I was taking a big breath from being underwater for a long time.
I don't know what this could be. This is something that gives me the chills even typing it right here. I have looked up the signs and symptoms of sleep paralysis, but I honestly don't believe it is that. I don't do drugs, I dont take any kind of medication other than Advil and vitamins, I don't have too much of a screwed up sleep schedule. I just can't understand it.
This happens to me about every other week. I don't know what I need to do to make it stop, but it's horrifying me and I want to do what it takes to get this to stop.
Anyone have any suggestions on what it could be, or what I could do to stop it? Thank you!

Hello Jayde.

I would like to say that it sounds like you have POTENTIALLY what is here with us. We are still awaiting on the evidence from our second paranormal group's investigation to come to us and have been receiving pics and audio via email from the first group. My being a new member status, I am not sure I can post these as of yet. However, let's just say that this same shadowed female figure has been seen by Kevin SEVERAL times. She is faceless, no eyes, and he has witnessed a shadowed faceless male figure as well. Upon my researching for VARIOUS possibilities, some refer to these things as shadow people. However, what we have here is VERY intelligent, it USED to scare Kevin to the point of paralysis where he could not move to wake me much less speak to wake me. This thing ALWAYS waits until I fall asleep for whatever reason to make itself appear <to Kevin> and some have said it is probably due to my conscious mind being too strong for it when I am awake. I know this past Halloween season, I DID witness this shape shifting, faceless, shadow figure "attempting" to form of animal likeness as our cocker spaniel chased it from the back of the trailer to the front. It forgot a few details so I KNEW it wasn't an animal...lol.

I can say that Mak Jo is correct! I have saged, candle burned, and so much more and this thing disappears to ITS hiding spot <under the trailer> until it comes back and this time, ITS BACK AGAIN and IM BAD_WORD! I am a FT student and took on a load of HEAVY classes cause we were having peace this last time I banished it and sealed the house. However, I can say soon as I am able to post audio/pics, I plan on sharing as much as I can. The first group DID capture a black shadowy mass in two shots <no shape really at this point> and I am sensing that this thing is what can be called sometimes a Soul Collector. Now, in my findings, there is really NO NAME for these things but here is a link I found in my research....

http://thesoulcollec.../aboutthem.html

Taking into consideration that there is NO TRUE EXPERTS in the field of the paranormal as no two cases are similar, I can say that yes, this THING has apparently maneuvered my body to doing perverted things <actions out of MY nature> to Kevin in the middle of the night <many times>, waking him up, when he turns to look at me, my hand and arm drop back down to my side and I continue snoring. However, we have been waking up to bruises, scratches, bites, and I have even been woken up <more than once> to my being choked. The second team came in, one of the investigators asked if he could lie on our bed back there alone, I said SURE! <Keeping in mind we already KNOW we have something here, we are wanting to find out what and why> He came back into the living room and said he felt something trying to pull his shorts down when he was lying on the bed. This thing is SADISTIC, NEGATIVE, MANIPULATION MASTER, and feeds off energy of ANY kind. Thoughts <as thoughts are just energies>, fears <any emotions>, and even keeping several spirits here <we've caught evidence of 4 or 5> for energy supplies as well. We are NOW sensing that since we figured out where the two headless dolls came from that this thing is being SENT here to us by his dark witch ex that practices both dark magic and Voodoo. He has already killed one girl and with his dad being a Sergeant here, he helped cover it up. I am in no way saying that what we have here IS what you have....just giving a possible alternative for you to check into. Also, Kevin told me about some movie he saw a few years ago that had shadow things in them that the movie referred to as "soul eaters". I have been trying my darndest to find ANY movie with such and the closest thing I have found is an anime <cartoon/ animated> movie from Asian culture about these things. The movie Soul Collector is NOT based upon THIS THING HERE! I have already checked into that so if that pops up, I have already been researching into this a while now. However, this THING IS back here with us now and is NOW being sent to torment Kevin's mom. WE ARE NOT SCARED, but his mom is and this will feed it. I am going to do what I can to SEND THIS BACK TO SENDER and have help across the US in this battle. GOOD LUCK!!!! BTW: Keeping amethyst or citrine <some stones have both blended> will aid in protection also...and things on the OTHER realms REALLY don't like incense....lol. I have a close friend of mine a few states away that makes her blends homemade that I get them from and FAR better than any store bought....food for thought...

Good Luck,
DkPhoenix

I had encountered a case like this before which is similar but is more violent, that is a ghost-rape case...

you can see the story here:

http://www.worldbest.../Ghost-Rape.php

Ghost possession or haunt can happen during sleep or before/after sleep too. If you need help, you can contact me. The problem that people have most of the time is that they seems to get a temporary relief for a short time or for a few times by screaming it off and so on, but then it came back again from time to time. that means the source is still there and it need to be nuked.

Mak Jo Si,

I see that your location is in Canada.... I was wondering if by chance you knew anything about the Asian culture/beliefs stemming from the Vietnamese? Particularly, curses/spells/entities and such being tied to wooden hand carved vietnamese artifacts?!

Regards,
DkPhoenix

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users