MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,400 posts
  • Interests:Life

Posted 25 January 2004 - 10:59 PM

hi Jeff,
it happened again! my avatar link was broken, i went to the profile, changed it, clicked CHANGE PROFILE, and it took ages for the browser to respond. went to my profile page, the avatar was okay, went to religion board and wanted to post in the re-incarnation thread and lo! USER REDENEX was deleted! what is happenning? ;) :( :(

[smiley=cwm3.gif]
Posted Image

#2 Jeff Belanger

Jeff Belanger

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,458 posts

Posted 26 January 2004 - 04:37 AM

That is very strange. Last time this was happening we were running on an old version of the message board software and the server was always running out of space.

Now, the software is all up to date and I double checked the server and we have plenty of space. Is it possible you hit the "delete user" button at the bottom of the profile page instead of hitting "update profile"?

This morning I removed the "delete user" button from that page so no one can hit it by accident in the future. I'm sorry this happened. I tried changing the avatar on my test account and was able to do it without any problems. I'll keep an eye out for this.
Have you read these books?
Posted Image
There will be a quiz...

#3 MoonChild

MoonChild

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,400 posts

Posted 26 January 2004 - 04:54 AM

yes Jeff, I saw the delete button removed, but I swear I never clicked on the DELETE button. Because, the browser was kinda processing ages once I changed my profile, but it took me BACK TO MY PROFILE page. From there I went to the Religion board and tried posting at the Reincarnation thread, and it was then I realized that REDENEX as a user was no more. Anyways, just keep an eye so that we dont have no data loss anymore, never mind me getting reborn ;D afterall I am eternal ;)
Posted Image

#4 krcguns

krcguns

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,206 posts
  • Interests:Well....investigating ghosts and finding out what lies beyond this life of course!

Posted 26 January 2004 - 06:25 AM

Moon,

I was wondering what OS software you are using?  Did you say before that you use Linux?  I was wondering if there was just the tiniest little compatability problem with running that software and the village software that could be causing the problem.  I don't know, if it is nothing obvious perhaps we should look at the obscure.  Just a thought for what it's worth. [smiley=cwm1.gif]
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#5 MoonChild

MoonChild

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,400 posts

Posted 26 January 2004 - 07:44 AM

no no, I haven't yet started with linux. I am on WINDOWS 2000 Professional. There is another explanation for the redenvouz ;D Well, maybe the ISP line was stuck somewhere, and when I click STOP on my browser, since I waited almost 10 minutes today, and then again click CHANGE PROFILE, there is some commotion between the database tables. But what I dont understand is that HOW THEN DID I SEE MY PROFILE PAGE UPDATED with the new image I had selected? It was only when I tried to post did it said that user REDENEX (this is what I am registered with) does not exist. well......
Posted Image

#6 minorregret

minorregret

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 14 March 2004 - 12:00 PM

i dont know...

[glow=red,2,300]MinorRegret[/glow]

[glow=red,2,300]Mrs. Madden[/glow]

#7 MoonChild

MoonChild

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,400 posts

Posted 14 March 2004 - 07:39 PM

hello MinorRegret, well, I was deleted a couple of times yet again after this :( and found the reason too! it is an ISP server re-connection problem. ;) But the bottom line is that - am still ALIVE and kicking!
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users