Click Here To Visit Our Sponsor

Photo

Forms of Spirit Communication...Other than the Ouija Board.

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 ouija13

ouija13

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 10:24 AM

Hello Everyone,

I recently became extremely interested in the paranormal and since then have researched the topic thoroughly. After many warned me to not use the ouija board due to many unknown dangers, I have been curious to other forms of communication which could be considered a safer option. If any of you have suggestions or would like to share your past experiences with either a board or other form, I would be extremely grateful.

ThankYou!

#2 creepyjon

creepyjon

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 07:20 PM

There are a few, the one I've had the most results with is a simple upside down glass cup on a smooth table. You use it the same way as the pointer on a Ouija board, and ask yes or no questions and tell the ghost what to do. We got a ton of great info using this method once, so it's workable and safer. You can also use a pendulum, on a chain and ask the spirit to guide it. I've seen this one work as well, but it may not be as reliable. As far as vocal communication, a good recorder and some plain old white noise helps. We were using white noise for years and years before those radio boxes came along. With the software available today you can edit the recording and cut out most of the static and you hear voices so much better. I used wavepad, and it's free. I've been doing some amazing evp work with it lately.
Visit Ghosts of the Valley for my collection of paranormal evidence. http://ghostsofthevalley.net

#3 PA Paranormal Association

PA Paranormal Association

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 19 posts
  • Interests:The PA Paranormal Association (PAPA) is dedicated to investigating paranormal phenomenon in a scientific and open-minded fashion. We strive to help uncover the truth regarding the unexplained while helping anyone who seeks our services.

Posted 02 July 2012 - 05:46 PM

There are several other options, like creepyjon mentioned, pendulums (the one that I personally use), also, automatic writing and dowsing rods. No matter what you use, be careful to make sure you are safe and research how to cleanse these things and use them properly so you don't end up with someone or something you don't want. (That being said, I believe Ouija boards possibly could be safe if cleansed and used properly, but I'm not willing to try it myself..lol...better safe than sorry.)

~Mindy

PA Paranormal Association
Got ghosts?
Don't cry to your Mama.
Call PAPA!
www.ghosthunterspa.com

https://www.facebook.com/paparanormalassociation

#4 White Witch

White Witch

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 532 posts
  • Interests:Spirits, Photography, Paranormal Programs, Old Homes and Cottage Life

Posted 10 August 2012 - 05:44 AM

I've heard people say to stay away from automatic writing though I'm not sure why. Does anyone have an idea as to why?
Right this way to my haunted space.

#5 fllnangel17

fllnangel17

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 03:07 AM

I've heard people say to stay away from automatic writing though I'm not sure why. Does anyone have an idea as to why?

Probably because it is viewed as a form of possession? You are opening yourself up and allowing the spirit realm to communicate through you.

#6 White Witch

White Witch

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 532 posts
  • Interests:Spirits, Photography, Paranormal Programs, Old Homes and Cottage Life

Posted 17 August 2012 - 05:56 AM

Who are you trying to communicate with?

#7 cathylj73

cathylj73

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,027 posts
  • Interests:Animals, paranormal, Kids

Posted 20 August 2012 - 11:12 AM

I found best is a digital recorder. As for ouija boards I would never go near them!
Posted ImagePosted Image(facebook) cathyld73@yahoo.com

#8 White Witch

White Witch

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 532 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 12:33 PM

I keep away from both the board and auto writing although I have been temped to try the writing but no guts to do it.

#9 Frater Arion

Frater Arion

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 36 posts
  • Interests:Occultism, Chemistry, Physics, Music, Rock Climbing,

Posted 21 September 2012 - 01:07 PM

Automatic writing is ok if you have experience with such things. Vodun uses possession techniques as a way of contacting their gods, and there are many areas of folk magic such as hoodoo that involve spiritual possession, you just have to know that you can stay in control, and can get rid of the spirit when you need to.

Any form of mediumship comes with certain risks, whether it's a ouija board, automatic writing, invocation, or whatever. I actually think the safest for of communication would be mirror scrying, you may want to look into that. I recommend Benjamin Rowe's "A short course in scrying"
Asperges me, AGLA, hyssopo, et mundabor; lavabis me, et super nivem dealbabor.
Accendat in nobis Eheieh ignem sui amoris et flammam aeternae caritatis.

My blog

#10 empathmedium

empathmedium

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • Interests:Paranormal

Posted 23 January 2013 - 05:33 PM

Brian Wieland

Empathic Medium and Psychic Advisor

http://www.facebook.com/personalreadingspiritcommunication

#11 Zulphur

Zulphur

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 39 posts
  • Interests:My interests span from a huge variety of things some of these are..
    Music, B - horror Movies, HI - FI, Reading, Travelling, computers, meeting new interesting people like you?

Posted 26 October 2013 - 10:50 AM

I have never tried to form or establish some sort of communication mainly for the reason it could be dangerous cause I dont know how to deal with these things.
"That is not deadWhich can eternal lieYet with strange aeonsEven death may die."'(H.P. Lovecraft)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users