Doppleganger?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 jayde

jayde

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • Interests:singing, dancing, swimming, paranormal, elves, fairys, demons, ghosts---all things paranormal.

Posted 29 June 2012 - 02:23 AM

I have a story of when I was a girl of about 7 or 8 and seeing something that sticks with me to this day and I'm still confused about it.
I remember that I had 2 beds in my room at my old house. My big bed that I slept in, and what I call a "day bed" that my Mom and Dad slept in. The house was creepy and it creaked a lot, so I wanted them with me until I fell asleep most nights.
I remember waking up one night and looking out into my hallway from my bed and seeing my mother standing at the doorway. She was wearing the same thing she had on when she went to bed, a long pink nightgown and her hair up in a ponytail. Her features were very distinct, but the only thing was that I could not see her eyes. They were just black ovals. I stared at her for a few minutes and then I said "Mommy? What are you doing?". She didn't say anything at first, just looked at me for what seemed like forever. Her voice brought me back and as soon as I heard it, she disappeared out of my door way. I didn't understand where she went at first, but as I turned my head, I saw her on the day bed, facing away from me under the covers. Her response to me was a very irritated and sleepy "what?" and I just couldn't understand what just happened. I told her "nothing" and turned over, went back to sleep and never mentioned it again.

Could someone give me your thoughts on this? What exactly do you think I saw?
I considered my eyes could've just been playing tricks on me, but I really want to think it was something else. And if it was, what does it mean? Is it something deeper?
Thanks!

Ghosts don't haunt us. That's not how it works. They're present among us because we won't let go of them."

#2 Puti

Puti

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 724 posts
  • Interests:Interested in life in all it's forms

Posted 29 June 2012 - 02:31 AM

Very interesting story..... Of course I don't know or have an answer but the first thing that came to mind is the very strong bond a mother has for her child. Perhaps your mother's thoughts for your peaceful, unfearful sleep were watching over you and that's what you saw?
"We grow neither better or worse as we get old, but more like ourselves."May L. BeckerCoffee.......the foundation of consciousness

#3 creepyjon

creepyjon

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 08:49 AM

Well they are real, but we know so little about them it isn't funny. I'm not sure if they are ghost related, or other worldly being related. I do know a friend of a friend who has a bad doppelganger problem at their house. My friend has been trying to get me in for years, but the parents want nothing to do with it and are afraid it will get worse. They do a lot more than seeing them at that house. There are two brothers, and they always see each other when they are not home or outside. They hear the other ones voice all the time, and it happens regularly. Till I get the chance to check them out on my own, I can only say you had an encounter with a being a 1000 times more rare than even bigfoot!
Visit Ghosts of the Valley for my collection of paranormal evidence. http://ghostsofthevalley.net

#4 jayde

jayde

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • Interests:singing, dancing, swimming, paranormal, elves, fairys, demons, ghosts---all things paranormal.

Posted 29 June 2012 - 07:11 PM

Thank you for your input!
That is so wild, creepyjon. Story gave me goosebumps about the two brothers. A huge smile spread across my face when you said that I may have encountered something as big as you say. This stuff is truely what I live for!
Let me know if you decide to check them out. I'd love to hear what you see or experience.

Very interesting story..... Of course I don't know or have an answer but the first thing that came to mind is the very strong bond a mother has for her child. Perhaps your mother's thoughts for your peaceful, unfearful sleep were watching over you and that's what you saw?

That is an interesting take, Puti. I'd like to think that that is a possibility. Thank you!

Ghosts don't haunt us. That's not how it works. They're present among us because we won't let go of them."

#5 kittykatekate

kittykatekate

• Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Interests:reading, singing, music, dancing, supernatural, paranormal

Posted 09 July 2012 - 05:21 PM

I had a very similar experience when I was young.

I was extremely sick with a flu virus or something of the like. My parents wanted to keep an ear out for me, so they put me on the couch in the living room so they could hear me from upstairs if I needed anything -- our house has a very open layout.

I remember waking up and looking at the landing of the stairs. I saw a dark figure there, darker than its surroudings, and it looked just like my mom standing in her bathrobe with one hand in her pocket while holding a cup of tea in the other. I couldn't make out any features because it was so dark, but she often carried a cup of tea up to bed with her at night. It almost looked like she was on her way back upstairs, but had stopped and turned around to watch me while I slept.
I called out to her and said, "Mommy, I don't feel good." She didn't do or say anything to me. Just stood there. So I said again, "Mommy?" Still nothing.
I don't remember what happened between then and later, but the next thing I knew, my mom was right by my side and the figure was no where to be seen.

When I was younger, I thought for sure I had seen a ghost. In later years, I understood that I was very sick and that there was a good possibility I was experiencing a fever dream.
Then again, my mom was a practitioner of transcendental meditation. Often times she did astral projection. It was a way for her to cope with the sleepless nights when my sister was a baby with collic. Maybe she was projecting herself in her sleep and that's what I saw?

I haven't thought of that for years until I saw your post. So I thought I'd share.
xoxo
Kate!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users