4 replies to this topic

#1 PhantomGlider

PhantomGlider

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 46 posts
  • Interests:Supernature...

Posted 07 July 2012 - 10:12 AM

Does any know anything about the events described in "Missing 411"?

If so could you please tell us about it and what your feelings are about this strange and perplexing phenomenon?

Thank you.
http://www.beyondtheseries.com

"Nietzsche is dead" GOD

#2 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,397 posts
  • Interests:Life

Posted 07 July 2012 - 01:02 PM

Never read it :)
Posted Image

#3 Cryscat

Cryscat

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 595 posts
  • Interests:spirituality, art, design, reading, photography, my family (of course), nature, biology, genetics... I could go on, but I think I will stop here.

Posted 07 July 2012 - 07:29 PM

Search brought up this:

Missing-411 is the first comprehensive book about people who have disappeared in the wilds of North America. It’s understood that people routinely get lost, some want to disappear but this story is about the unusual. Nobody has ever studied the archives for similarities, traits and geographical clusters of missing people, until now.

A tip from a national park ranger led to 3+ years and a 7000 hour investigative effort into understanding the stories behind people who have vanished. The book chronicles children, adults and the elderly who disappeared, sometimes in the presence of friends and relatives. As Search and Rescue personnel exhaust leads and places to search, relatives start to believe kidnappings and abductions have occurred. The belief by the relatives is not an isolated occurrence; it replicates itself time after time, case after case across North America.

http://www.nabigfoot...issing_411.html

I have not read the book.. yet
Don't take life too seriously, no one ever gets out alive.

#4 Cryscat

Cryscat

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 595 posts
  • Interests:spirituality, art, design, reading, photography, my family (of course), nature, biology, genetics... I could go on, but I think I will stop here.

Posted 07 July 2012 - 08:06 PM

There are two books. One focused on Western North American and one on Eastern North America. Author of both is
David Paulides

Edited by Cryscat, 07 July 2012 - 08:11 PM.

Don't take life too seriously, no one ever gets out alive.

#5 PhantomGlider

PhantomGlider

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 46 posts
  • Interests:Supernature...

Posted 07 July 2012 - 11:28 PM

Search brought up this:

Missing-411 is the first comprehensive book about people who have disappeared in the wilds of North America. It’s understood that people routinely get lost, some want to disappear but this story is about the unusual. Nobody has ever studied the archives for similarities, traits and geographical clusters of missing people, until now.

A tip from a national park ranger led to 3+ years and a 7000 hour investigative effort into understanding the stories behind people who have vanished. The book chronicles children, adults and the elderly who disappeared, sometimes in the presence of friends and relatives. As Search and Rescue personnel exhaust leads and places to search, relatives start to believe kidnappings and abductions have occurred. The belief by the relatives is not an isolated occurrence; it replicates itself time after time, case after case across North America.

http://www.nabigfoot...issing_411.html

I have not read the book.. yet

There is something in the whole phenomenon that resonates with me as extremely sinister and eerie.
http://www.beyondtheseries.com

"Nietzsche is dead" GOD

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: 411, missing, abduction

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users