• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 cryptkeeper

cryptkeeper

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 13 February 2004 - 10:20 AM

Hi Everyone I was wondering how do I add my own picture on the side of the posts I make.  I have a picture on my yahoo group that I would like to use but it will not let me use how come??

I thought that as long as the picture was online that you could use your picture.  Can someone please help me I am lost lol.

Thanks Crypt

#2 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,359 posts
  • Interests:I want to help people to re-connect with themselves. Rock Music, Football (European League), Animals (cat lover), Travel, Cars, Speed, Nature, Super Natural.

Posted 13 February 2004 - 10:24 AM

hello Crypt,
great to seeya around ;)

you have to click on the "reply" link on every posts. Once you get that, you can see an ATTACH box. select the image you need (but should be 250 kb or less, and POST it. The picture will get attached by itself. This is, if you are uploading from your hard disk.

Now, if you want to link the image from another web page, select the IMAGE tag ADD YABBC TAGS: and specify the URL.

any problems of help, feel free to IM me

Regards
Sreedhar

PS: waiting for more of My friends friends told so tales...... ;D
Posted Image

#3 cryptkeeper

cryptkeeper

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 13 February 2004 - 10:27 AM

See the Egyptian Picture you have to the left of your post, that is how I have to do it to add one like that?  Sorry to be such a pain.  When it comes to ghosts I am good at what I do it comes to the puter I am cyber stupid lol.

#4 MoonChild

MoonChild

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,359 posts
  • Interests:I want to help people to re-connect with themselves. Rock Music, Football (European League), Animals (cat lover), Travel, Cars, Speed, Nature, Super Natural.

Posted 13 February 2004 - 10:31 AM

okay, you are mentioning about the AVATAR! okay, you will need to go to your PROFILE.

look at the top, below is the links you see!

Home | Help | Search | Members | Calendar | Member Map | Profile | Homepage | BuddyList | Notification | Logout

select PROFILE. you can either select an image that is supplied by the GV, or you can LINK an external image. for that you will need to check the box, and supply the URL of the image you may need. In the web site, where you need to link an image, RIGHT CLICK on the needed image and select properties, and you will get the URL LINK, copy it and enter it in the box provided and the image will be linked as your avatar.

Good Luck, hope I haven't made things complicated!
Posted Image

#5 cryptkeeper

cryptkeeper

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 13 February 2004 - 10:38 AM

Thanks Moonchild.  I have done what you said in your post to me but it will not add it lol.  The image I want to link to is in my Yahoo Group and I did everything you said.  It might be there is a size requirement for the Avatar?  If that is the case that might be why it will not accept it lol

#6 MoonChild

MoonChild

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,359 posts

Posted 13 February 2004 - 10:41 AM

i have IM'ed you......
Posted Image

#7 Jeff Belanger

Jeff Belanger

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,450 posts

Posted 13 February 2004 - 10:54 AM

Some services like Yahoo and Geocities (which are one in the same now) won't host pictures that get displayed on other Web sites. You'll have to host the picture on a different Web site than Yahoo's.
Have you read these books?
Posted Image
There will be a quiz...

#8 cryptkeeper

cryptkeeper

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 13 February 2004 - 10:57 AM

Thanks Jeff, with Moonchilds help we have figured this out and I now have my Avatar that will show up thanks for your and moonchilds help

#9 MoonChild

MoonChild

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,359 posts

Posted 13 February 2004 - 11:23 AM

thats fine buddy, but NOTE Jeff's comment. Yahoo Geocities doesn't link and that is why the AVATAR is not displayed! Take Care
Posted Image

#10 CajunKnight

CajunKnight

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,504 posts

Posted 13 February 2004 - 03:40 PM

Hello cryptkeeper, and if I havent said so before, Welcome to gv. Make sure the picture is NOT copyrighted, then save it to your hard disc. Upload to avatar from there.It is the easiest way.
Welcome to ghostvillage, home of 24,000+ smiling faces and a few old grouches."Some things have to be believed to be seen"Ralph Hodgson

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users