Click Here To Visit Our Sponsor

Photo

can someone tell me what voodoo is please ???

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Casper2004

Casper2004

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 46 posts
  • Interests:Exersicing, Learning More About The Paranormal , My Scorpions And Tarantula's, black widows ,TV, Movies, Internet, Travel....EXTRATERRESTRIAL

Posted 26 July 2012 - 05:39 PM

i tryed to google voodoo but i got a variety of different answers and most of them confused me..... it said voodoo was a religion over 6000 years old from africa and they believe there is an invisible world with the real world. but then another hit i got said it involved witch craft and curses..... which one is it ????????????

#2 TheresaRHPS

TheresaRHPS

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 11:22 AM

Just saw your plea in my Meet and Greet thread, so I'll try to help ya out a little, lol. It's my understanding that voodoo, sometimes called voudun or some other variant of spelling, is a religion. It has its roots in Africa, but is more of a blending of those beliefs with Catholicism, etc. when it came to the Caribbean area. I could not possibly go into all the beliefs involved with voodoo, but it is closely related with hoodoo, or folk magic. Most people are familiar with a branch known colloquially as New Orleans voodoo. Anything involving sympathetic magic generally tends to get classified as witchcraft and associated with curses, and New Orleans voodoo, especially any Hollywood interpretation, does have its fair share of "curses."

I regret to say it, but Wikipedia may be a good "start" of information. It lays things out pretty simply, but hopefully someone will come along who can better explain it.
Huntington Paranormal Investigations and ResearchCheck out my website

#3 agg91dog

agg91dog

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 08:20 PM

form what i have read about it and heard its you make a voodoo doll look like a person. when you stick it with something or tell it to do something it spouse to have an affect on that person usualy when people do it its to hurt some one .

#4 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,396 posts
  • Interests:Life

Posted 28 July 2012 - 10:17 PM

Here is a previous discussion on Voodoo, hope it might help? http://www.ghostvill...oo
Posted Image

#5 TataSacaEmpeņo

TataSacaEmpeņo

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 29 July 2012 - 01:46 AM

Not sure what the www's take is on the subject, but it is basically an african pagan faith.
Voudou is very similar to Palo Mayombe. Technically speaking voudou is palos little brother that just got outta hand not because of the faith, but because of the people practicing that faith.

That's about as much as I know, seeing as how im a high priest of the palo faith and not the voudou faith...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users