Click Here To Visit Our Sponsor

Photo

As a young child, I woke up in the middle night to find dark humanlike shadows going through my room

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Wilfreddd

Wilfreddd

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 10:37 PM

This happened to me as a young child, sleeping at my grandparents house with my two brothers also in the room. There were 3 beds in the room so we each comfortably got our own to sleep in. Besides that, there wasnt much to the room. There were a couple windows, a dresser and a drawer. We were there for my grandpa's funeral. My grandma died a few years earlier so it was one of the last times we would be in that house.

My parents put us to sleep that night, with me in the bed on one side of the room, my younger brother in the middle, and my older brother on the other end. I dont remember what caused me to wake up in the middle of the night, but as I did there were a few things I noticed as I opened my eyes. Across the room going through the drawer next to my older brothers bed was a dark, shadowy figure. I couldnt make out what clothes it was wearing, a face, or anything other than it being completely black in nature and resembling a humanlike outline. There was another one close behind him and another in the middle of the room near the dresser. Still kind of in a daze I looked around to notice my younger brother was no longer in his bed but was asleep next to me in mine. However, under his bed I could see another figure of the same nature laying there. Thats when I picked my head up to see what was really going on. As soon as I did this, the figure going through the drawer stopped, looked behind him at the other shadowy figure, and pointed over to me. The one being signaled began to walk over to my bed and I immediately put my head back down to act like I was asleep. By this time I was thoroughly frightened and completely lost as to what exactly was going on. Seconds later, I felt the end of my bed rising into the air like that shadowy figure had been lifting it himself. Still terrified, I kept my eyes closed. I dont remember how long they were closed for but when I opened them back up, the figures were gone. I built up enough courage to run to my parents room who were down the hall. They came to check everything out, and at the time just passed it off as a dream, but the more I thought about it as the years passed, Im convinced it wasnt. My brother really was asleep in the bed next to me and everything else was just too surreal. Which is why Im here today- to figure out what it was.

I was hoping maybe I could find someone with a similar experience or get some information to help figure out what was really going on, as I am still confused as to what was happening and why. It recently came to my knowledge that my grandfather was a 33rd degree mason (pretty high up as far as I know) and that there were a couple things that happened that were kind of odd after he died. A freemason symbol that he had was removed from the back of his car without anyone knowing, and when my dad and his siblings went to clear out my grandpas stuff from the local lodge, they wouldnt let them do it. The lodge had their own people go back to clear out his locker and brought the stuff to my dad. Who knows what was really behind there, but one of the hypothesis I have is that the shadowy figures were maybe some of my grandpas freemason buddies clearing out some secrets that none of us were supposed to see. Who knows? I honestly couldnt tell you if what I saw was paranormal or not, but hopefully someone here can help me out

#2 Casper2004

Casper2004

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 46 posts
  • Interests:Exersicing, Learning More About The Paranormal , My Scorpions And Tarantula's, black widows ,TV, Movies, Internet, Travel....EXTRATERRESTRIAL

Posted 31 July 2012 - 11:05 PM

it could have been paranormal , im not going to tell u that u were seeing things, but sometimes when im trying to fall asleep and yet still awake i see things, like one time i saw a white puppy crawl under my blanket, it was there , i could feel it and everything, but then when i sat up to look for the puppy i relized it wasnt there.... another time i was asleep and found myself running down the stairs becuase i thought someone was in the room, the next day i thought i was being controlled by a ghost. a couple other times ive seen stuff when i was either falling asleep or other times asleep and woke up. and pretty much every night im afriad to look around the room when its dark when im trying to fall asleep becuase im afraid im going to see a spirit.Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#3 aloha_spirit

aloha_spirit

I'm 100% Poi Dog!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,534 posts
  • Interests:Computer Programming, Books, Movies, Nature, Religion.

Posted 03 August 2012 - 12:12 AM

In normal Free Masonry there are only three levels. Only the Scottish Rite has 33 levels. Many conspiracy theorists aren't aware of this fact, so they invoke the 33rd level to make the conspiracy more intriguing.

One of the oaths which Free Masons make is to not reveal their secrets to outsiders. As such, it is perfectly normal that other Masons retrieved your grandfather's belongs from the Lodge. It is also traditional for Free Masons to be buried dressed in their ceremonial regalia. Free Masons would not break into your house to retrieve any Free Mason memorabilia.

What you described appears similar to other accounts of "shadow people". You can do a search to see what others (including myself) have experienced.

I didn't lose my mind - I have it backed up on a disk ... somewhere

#4 JessicaAnn

JessicaAnn

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 07:04 AM

Yes, I agree - it was a shadow person.

When I was 12, I was in the woods playing on a rope swing.
I was so involved in what I was doing. But when I was ready to jump off a stump and swing, I had the urge to look beside me.

I saw a black figure peering around the tree next to me. No features, solid and it was just observing.

I ran like hell to get my grandmother, father and uncles, who ran out to get 'the guy'. They would not believe my details- black, solid, no features, hello- it was no 'guy'.
My great grandfather had died there a few years back, but there is no telling who it was.

#5 White Witch

White Witch

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 525 posts
  • Interests:Spirits, Photography, Paranormal Programs, Old Homes and Cottage Life

Posted 05 August 2012 - 07:48 PM

Only recently I wrote down all the things that have happened to me over the years. I couldn't believe all that has happened. One I did recall was in my late teens when standing in or living room I looked to the dinning room and seen I black figure. I appeared to me to be death It disappeared and I didn't see it after that. It was scary that's for sure.
Right this way to my haunted space.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users