• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 joshheard1

joshheard1

• Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Interests:Paranormal Investigation, Music

Posted 01 August 2012 - 12:25 AM

So I am new to the whole forum thing. I must say though that this is really cool. I have been working on a book now for about a year. This story is of two occurences that happened to me and a paranormal team during my years in college. We investigated a local church that was on the verge of falling apart. And over the course of three investigations, what we thought was just an ordinary haunt turned into a personal nightmare that still plagues me to this day. These were the scariest investigations of my life. Without a doubt in my mind we were dealing with a demon.
Now on to the book idea........ It is hard for me to think that these two incidents would fill an entire book. They very well may. I have investigated the paranormal for 16 years now but never thought to write anything like this before. After the book is completed, where do I start? Looking for a publisher will most likely be a nightmare. God I can only imagine. My ultimate goal is to have a great book that not only tells the story, but educates as well. I almost want this to become a "what not to do" type of book. I only say that because when these cases happened I was new to all things paranormal and didn't know how to properly go about certain things. Regardless, I ramble. Would this subject interest any of you? I have a very interesting EVP from the location when most of the activity was at its worse. I would love to share this with the world as well. I have had it analized by many professionals, and they have no idea what to make of it other than its very scary. Any input would be great from you guys. This is such a great community that we can all share and help one another. Thanks in advance,

Josh Heard

#2 TheresaRHPS

TheresaRHPS

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 261 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 11:25 AM

As for publishing, I would suggest going through a self-publishing company. You can still have your book listed in print and/or ebook format on places like Amazon, and with an ebook format, you can actually embed a link to your EVP right in the text. This is usually the best bet because paranormal books are such a dime a dozen and there's really only a limited market for such.
Huntington Paranormal Investigations and ResearchCheck out my website

#3 PoisonMookie

PoisonMookie

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 05:13 PM

Sounds very interesting. I agree with the eBook idea but you could always just put links to your EVPs in the printed version.
If you're looking for ideas etc. I suggest that you look up a book called The South Sheilds Poltergeist by Micheal Hallowell and Darren Ritson.
They published one of their investigations and I could not put that book down!
So I think it may help in maybe giving you ideas of which direction to go in etc.

I hope you keep us posted on your progress :)

#4 Cryscat

Cryscat

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 580 posts
  • Interests:spirituality, art, design, reading, photography, my family (of course), nature, biology, genetics... I could go on, but I think I will stop here.

Posted 01 August 2012 - 06:28 PM

Some self publishing sites:

http://www.lulu.com/

http://www.amazon.co...topic=200260520

https://kdp.amazon.c...blishing/signin

and a google search will find more. Good luck
Don't take life too seriously, no one ever gets out alive.

#5 JessicaAnn

JessicaAnn

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 09:51 PM

I really like the idea. There is nothing more terrifying than the topic of a demon in my opinion. Go for it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users