• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 JessicaAnn

JessicaAnn

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 07:53 PM

Hello everyone, I am new to this board, but I am anxious to tell my story of what happened.

This morning at 5 I was awakened by a *thud* on my bed and the voice of my deceased cat - Blackie- meowing.
It was clear as day.

I saw nothing, and went back to sleep.

When I got up I told my husband what happened and he had the same exact experience, only he was afraid to look.
Blackie had a distinct, insistant meow when he wanted to be fed at 5 am, when he was alive.
He died last month in my home.
I can't even get my husband to watch a ghost show with me because he has the catch-all thinking - "Any ghost is from the devil" mentality.

I am a firm believer in the paranormal, and I have captured several EVPs, but I never have heard a disembodied voice/meow.
Thanks for letting me share.

#2 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,384 posts
  • Interests:Life

Posted 01 August 2012 - 09:12 PM

That is a nice experience. Seems like the Meow is still around :)
Posted Image

#3 JessicaAnn

JessicaAnn

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 08:14 PM

Thank you for taking time to reply MoonChild :)

#4 Cryscat

Cryscat

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 587 posts
  • Interests:spirituality, art, design, reading, photography, my family (of course), nature, biology, genetics... I could go on, but I think I will stop here.

Posted 03 August 2012 - 06:49 PM

ahh. Your kitty was still hanging out with you. Nice...
Don't take life too seriously, no one ever gets out alive.

#5 cathylj73

cathylj73

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,027 posts
  • Interests:Animals, paranormal, Kids

Posted 04 August 2012 - 10:13 AM

your kitty is just letting you know that he is ok and still with you
Posted ImagePosted Image(facebook) cathyld73@yahoo.com

#6 LycanGhost

LycanGhost

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 342 posts
  • Interests:Knitting and crocheting, scrapbooking, reading, listening to music and singing

Posted 04 August 2012 - 12:21 PM

He's letting you know he's still watching you and the hubby. We've had the same phenomena happen with a few of our kitties. THe one that pops to mind for me right now is a street kitty mom took in that claimed her as HER human. A couple months after she passed on, one of our other kitties kept wanting to go outside, then run back in, and meowing her little kitty lungs out (SHe still meows like crazy sometimes, but that's beside the point.). Well, this time, mom got fed up with Sadie (the meower) and put her out, and complained at her that she could stay outside for all she cared. Sadie ran off, mom felt guilty, and we tried to get her back inside. Long story short, she wound up climbing up one of our neighbor's trees, and refused to come down, we got a ladder and got her down after telling the neighbor, and kept her inside from then on. Throughout the whole experience, mom said she felt Pooky (the deceased kitty) with her.

Posted Image

Cry Havoc! And let loose the Dobermans of war!

My knitting and crocheting blog.

Life is too short to take seriously, none of us get out of it alive.

Each morning when I open my eyes I say to myself: I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be.Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it.

http://www.nomorerack.com/?cr=9281971

#7 White Witch

White Witch

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 525 posts
  • Interests:Spirits, Photography, Paranormal Programs, Old Homes and Cottage Life

Posted 05 August 2012 - 07:52 PM

A couple of my cats let me know they were still around. It's a comfort to know that they loved you so much they still want to be with you.
Right this way to my haunted space.

#8 JessicaAnn

JessicaAnn

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 09:07 PM

Thanks you guys. I feel him around, and I am glad that he has a way to validate it.

#9 TheresaRHPS

TheresaRHPS

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 03:24 AM

Aww. I'm sorry to hear about the death of your kitty, but thank you for sharing that experience with us. I don't know too many pet owners who haven't had some type of experience after the death of a beloved pet, but cats seem to have a special bond with their owners that is especially susceptible to surviving a bodily death, lol.

Among my experiences involving pets that have passed, my most validating came from my own cat. We're not a cat family, but one day this gangly little furball showed up on our porch and refused to leave. He was the first cat I ever had, and will be the last, lol. My boyfriend had never believed my family when we'd tell him about all the strange things that happened in our house. He wasn't a big believer in ghosts or anything supernatural until he saw my cat. He was sitting on my couch when my cat trotted up to him to be petted. It didn't hit him until the cat literally disappeared in front of him that he'd been dead for nearly 2 months. After that, he never questioned our sanity again....but he did question his own!
Huntington Paranormal Investigations and ResearchCheck out my website

#10 White Witch

White Witch

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 525 posts
  • Interests:Spirits, Photography, Paranormal Programs, Old Homes and Cottage Life

Posted 06 August 2012 - 08:26 PM

Cats are special people LOL
Right this way to my haunted space.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users