Jump to content


Click Here To Visit Our Sponsor


Photo

This is very disappointing


  • Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Chicago

Chicago

    Member

  • New Member
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 02:04 PM

Anyone heard of Gilson Road Cemetery in NH? I went there today. Man oh man, was I more disappointed then ever. I read online everywhere that this was one of the most unsettling places in New England, and the most haunted spot in New Hampshire. Guess what I found there today? Nothing! No sounds, no spirits, no orbs, no ghosts, just nothing. I'm not here to complain, I am here to ask you this- If I didn't find one single ghost in my entire life (especially today), then why should I believe in them at all? I made my own ouija board- Nothing. I visited the most "haunted" place in all of NH- Nothing.

#2 CaveRat2

CaveRat2

    Village Elder

  • Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,553 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Fayette County, Pennsylvania
  • Interests:Serious Research and separating the truth from the hype in the paranormal field today.

Posted 04 August 2012 - 04:36 PM

Welcome to the real world! I say this as a long time investigator into the paranormal claims. Today TV gives the impression that all one needs to do is go out and find ghosts or spirits behind every tree. Those of us who have been doing this very long know that isn't the case. Most investigations end exactly as yours did; nothing observed, no evidence of anything out of the ordinary. in fact I can say that of the cases I have done over the last 35+ years probably better than 95% have been resolved as some commonplace event misidentified as something paranormal. That only leaves 5% that either had no evidence or something that couldn't be explained. And to further narrow it down I would say that only 1% have an element about them that may (emphasis on "may") contain a paranormal element. The fatc you have found nothing simply means you are taking the time to actually analyze what you do observe unlike the TV ghost hunters and some others who follow their patterns.

So why do it? For that one time when you are not expecting it that something really does happen. Do this long enough and that time will come. Who can say when? But while looking keep an open mind, and remember most haunted places aren't.so plan your investigations accordingly.

#3 Chicago

Chicago

    Member

  • New Member
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 06:53 PM

Welcome to the real world! I say this as a long time investigator into the paranormal claims. Today TV gives the impression that all one needs to do is go out and find ghosts or spirits behind every tree. Those of us who have been doing this very long know that isn't the case. Most investigations end exactly as yours did; nothing observed, no evidence of anything out of the ordinary. in fact I can say that of the cases I have done over the last 35+ years probably better than 95% have been resolved as some commonplace event misidentified as something paranormal. That only leaves 5% that either had no evidence or something that couldn't be explained. And to further narrow it down I would say that only 1% have an element about them that may (emphasis on "may") contain a paranormal element. The fatc you have found nothing simply means you are taking the time to actually analyze what you do observe unlike the TV ghost hunters and some others who follow their patterns.

So why do it? For that one time when you are not expecting it that something really does happen. Do this long enough and that time will come. Who can say when? But while looking keep an open mind, and remember most haunted places aren't.so plan your investigations accordingly.

So, what you're saying is, I will end up finding something if I practice at it?

#4 QuietWhispers

QuietWhispers

    Member

  • New Member
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 08:36 PM

Its not a matter of "practising" it. I believe that you need to have an open mind. You need to be open to the fact that there is more out there then we see with the naked eye. You are not going to walk into a haunted place and see ghosts and gobblins and things floating in mid air.

I do firmly believe if you have a closed mind you will never see or experience. And even if a place is "haunted" the "hauntings" do not happen every day all day. Its sometimes just little things here and there.

I wanted to edit my post to add something but apparently I can't as a newbie haha.

I wanted to add that I have been to places that are supposed to be very haunted and have felt nothing and seen nothing. And I am a person who can see and feel paranormal activity. I can feel the energy around me from people who are not even there. I can read people to a degree. And 90% of the time there is nothing. Its not like I walk around every day of my life and am always surrounded by people and energy that isn't there.

I hope that makes sense...

ok I guess I can edit without editing... very strange...

Bear with me I am new here and haven't figure the forum out yet haha

#5 PoisonMookie

PoisonMookie

    Junior Villager

  • New Member
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Newcastle, England.

Posted 05 August 2012 - 06:11 AM

So, what you're saying is, I will end up finding something if I practice at it?


It's more of a lottery type situation, you play long enough and you're bound to win something.
Just like you search for long enough and you're bound to experience something that cannot be explained away.

#6 creepyjon

creepyjon

    Junior Villager

  • Member
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Ohio

Posted 06 August 2012 - 02:08 PM

Yeah I tell everyone 99% of the time nothing exciting happens. It's the times when things happen that defy all attempts and any rational explanation that make this worthwhile. People seriously think you can go out ghost hunting and have a ghost do a full body apparition, and do a tap dance on command right in front of you. This is just so far from the truth it isn't even funny. Hence why groups and tv like to fake and make up things so people think they are so cool. Welcome to the realm of paranormal, but trust me when that one thing happens and it happens to you.......it's not something you will never forget.
Visit Ghosts of the Valley for my collection of paranormal evidence. http://ghostsofthevalley.net

#7 CaveRat2

CaveRat2

    Village Elder

  • Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,553 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Fayette County, Pennsylvania
  • Interests:Serious Research and separating the truth from the hype in the paranormal field today.

Posted 06 August 2012 - 07:48 PM

So, what you're saying is, I will end up finding something if I practice at it?


Not so much a matter of practicing at it as it is being at the right place at the right time. could be weeks, months, years from now. Or it might be your next trip out. Just no way of knowing. Obviously though the more you search the better your chances of experiencing something. Important thing is to be ready just in case. That means the right equipment, but even more important the knowledge of how to properly use the equipment. You need to know its limitations as well so you can rule out false positives. And have an open but analytical mind set to not be duped by something that appears paranormal but isn't.

Good luck in your search!

#8 White Witch

White Witch

    Village Elder

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 533 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Interests:Spirits, Photography, Paranormal Programs, Old Homes and Cottage Life

Posted 06 August 2012 - 08:21 PM

They come when they want to we don't control them. You need to go to a place more than once. One location where I live it took many times before anything showed its self. It takes time but it is worth it in the end.
Right this way to my haunted space.




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users