25 replies to this topic

#1 Jhangles

Jhangles

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 127 posts

Posted 30 September 2003 - 02:45 PM

Hello,

Just recently, Ghostvillage.com has been loading really slowly for me.  I'm just wondering if the site has been having any problems?

Thanks!
-Jhangles
Killing never solves anything~ But it keeps people out of your hair while you think about what to do...

#2 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,391 posts
  • Interests:Life

Posted 30 September 2003 - 10:50 PM

naww, I dont there is nothing wrong with the site, I feel. For me it works just fine...... It may appear slow if you visit threads with too many replies. check it out.  :)
Posted Image

#3 DSF

DSF

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,539 posts

Posted 01 October 2003 - 05:50 AM

I have not been having any problems either.

#4 Jhangles

Jhangles

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 127 posts

Posted 01 October 2003 - 09:57 AM

Hmmm, weird...  ???

For the last few days, when I go to the site it takes absolutely FOREVER to load, and I get the "Website Unavailable" message quite a bit.  I did a traceroute at samspade.org, and it's showing 3 DNS errors.  Maybe some servers here at my work are messed up or something, but it's REALLY frustrating..

Thanks for the replies!
-Jhangles
Killing never solves anything~ But it keeps people out of your hair while you think about what to do...

#5 Jeff Belanger

Jeff Belanger

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,454 posts

Posted 01 October 2003 - 11:54 AM

Jhangles,

Your traceroute tells me you are having connectivity issues (one or more servers between your machine and the Ghostvillage.com Web site are having problems). Many times servers will automatically update themselves and work these issues out. Unfortunately, there just isn't anything we can do for you from our end.

You may want to contact your ISP.

-Jeff
Have you read these books?
Posted Image
There will be a quiz...

#6 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,391 posts
  • Interests:Life

Posted 01 October 2003 - 07:43 PM

yeah, last night I had the same problem - of pages getting loaded DEAD slow - but I was downloading stuff at the very same time. So that means, if the server is overloaded, site gets loaded slow. Jhangles, why dont you check out with your ISP? They may be of help. Take Care.
Posted Image

#7 Jhangles

Jhangles

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 127 posts

Posted 02 October 2003 - 12:38 PM

WOO HOO!!!

It's working now!

I work for a large company and check GV at work, I think that some of their servers were just down or something.

Thanks!

-Jhangles

#8 Bridget

Bridget

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,013 posts

Posted 08 October 2003 - 03:22 PM

I am having problems with the site since the new revamp. When i click on a topic, I have to resize my window to see the messages. When I hit back to the main board, i also have to do the same thing. I am on a Mac. Is the main board Java? Maybe I am having memory problems, but  i have not experienced this on any ther sites. Several times my browser quit  or froze on me, PLease help! I love Ghost Village!
If it looks like an orb, floats like an orb, it must be an orb!If you're reading this, you're too close!________________________________________________Posted Image

#9 Bridget

Bridget

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,013 posts

Posted 08 October 2003 - 03:40 PM

OK, here is a screen capture of what i get when i am on a topic and hit back on my browser, when I click on the resize button for my window, the board shows up. I'm not sure why this happening, do you? Then the board loads really slowly, and the fonts are screwed up.
If it looks like an orb, floats like an orb, it must be an orb!If you're reading this, you're too close!________________________________________________Posted Image

#10 Jeff Belanger

Jeff Belanger

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,454 posts

Posted 08 October 2003 - 05:30 PM

Are you running Netscape on your Mac? If so, what version?
Posted Image
There will be a quiz...

#11 Bridget

Bridget

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,013 posts

Posted 09 October 2003 - 04:05 AM

No Internet Explorer version 5

#12 Jeff Belanger

Jeff Belanger

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,454 posts

Posted 09 October 2003 - 05:28 AM

Let me look into it. If anyone else is experiencing this problem please post here or email me.
Posted Image
There will be a quiz...

#13 Bridget

Bridget

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,013 posts

Posted 09 October 2003 - 05:51 AM

Thanks Jeff!

#14 Bridget

Bridget

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,013 posts

Posted 09 October 2003 - 12:51 PM

Hi Jeff, I don't know if you did nanything today, but the problems I've been having seem to have dispersed. SO, if you did nothing, then the problems were probably on my end. If you DID do something, it WORKED! Just an update...

#15 Bridget

Bridget

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,013 posts

Posted 09 October 2003 - 12:57 PM

Sorry Jeff, I take that back. It just started to happen again.  Maybe this site makes my cache fill up too fast and creates memory problems. hmmm.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users