Click Here To Visit Our Sponsor

Photo

Ghosts of the White House - Our Topic of the Month!

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Jeff Belanger

Jeff Belanger

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,454 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 11:49 AM

Dear Ghostvillagers,

Posted Image I love history. It’s an amazing story full of drama, hope, danger, redemption, and all of the other emotions that remind us that we’re human, and each of us is bound to everyone else in some way. Those emotions and feelings were created by people in unique situations. That human energy doesn’t vanish. It’s etched into history books, and into the very environment in which those energies were created.

I’ve said before that ghosts are the past demanding to be remembered. No place is that more true than the White House in Washington DC. The building is iconic. The first time I saw the president’s mansion, I was star struck -- the way some people get when they meet a big celebrity. Of course I know it’s just brick, mortar, wood, and a security system that could detect a mouse’s fart from three blocks away. But there’s so much more to any building than those things. A building’s story is written by all who passed through its doors. In the case of the White House, it’s an impressive list. Not just American presidents and First Families, there have been many foreign leaders, royalty, athletes, movie stars, and heroes from all walks of life. If any place in the United States should be haunted, it would be the White House.

When I had the chance to visit the building back in 2006, I got to interview some of the staff and walk those hallowed halls. If you ever get the opportunity to go inside, do it! No, I didn’t get the chance to do a proper investigation (though Mr. President, if you’re reading this… call me!), but I did get something just as good: first-hand accounts from some very reliable witnesses.

This month I’m proud to announce the release of the updated version of my children’s book, Who’s Haunting the White House?: The President’s Mansion and the Ghosts Who Live There. It’s a ghost book, it’s a history book, it's a journey through the building and through time. I’d appreciate your support on this one. It will only set you back $9.95. You can buy it cheap online, or ask for it in your favorite local bookstore.

Supernaturally yours,

Jeff Belanger
Mayor of Ghostvillage.com
Have you read these books?
Posted Image
There will be a quiz...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users