Click Here To Visit Our Sponsor

Photo

Complete new'b but some questions about dreams.

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 garf426

garf426

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 05:38 PM

Hello All,

I have always had a facination with the supernatural but have never explored it, probably due to being scared as to what I may find out. Anyways I have have had 2 experiences 15 years apart but it is the last one last night that has made me join this forum and ask the question.

In order.

I was bought up by my grandparents and lost my grandmother when in 1998 when I was 15 I was present when she died but never got to say goodbye when she was alive and for a period of time I had an overwhelming feeling of guilt. My grandmother worked nights and I'd often get up for school and she would be eating her dinner in the chair in her dressing gown, 1 night a few months after her death (i forget how long exactly) I had a dream that I came downstairs and she was there in her dressing gown, I knew she was dead but it was strange, we said nothing at all to each other just had a cuddle and I remember in the dream crying like I have never cried before, when I did wake in the morning around 7am I was actually sat downstairs in the chair and not in bed, I do remember having an enormous sense of relief, I have since had dreams that my grandmother was in however none quite like that one.

The second dream I had was last night. I lost my grandad last sunday morning after a long illness, last night I had a dream we were in his living room (the same room I previously dreamt about) and he was dressed in his coat, I again even in the dream knew he had already passed away but he told me that the doctors had told him they were going to stop treating him and that he was scared this would be his last night alive (I find this strange as well as he was an incredibly closed man with feelings etc) I gave him a hug and promised him I would take care of my mum and later woke up in tears....

Again I cant claim to have ever seen a ghost my only other experiences have been an overwhelming feeling that someone was e.g on a landing with me or behind me on stairs and I have had to leave that room immediately.

anyways thank you for taking the time to read and your thoughts would be appreciated, I am fully aware these may just be natural dreams that occur during grief.

Many thanks

#2 Puti

Puti

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 724 posts
  • Interests:Interested in life in all it's forms

Posted 28 August 2012 - 02:55 PM

Hello garf426! Welcome to Ghost Village!
So sorry for your losses. I recently lost my sister that I was very close to, and had one of those dreams three nights after she passed away. Also had a dream of my grandmother a while ago that was one of "those" dreams. I really think that if they appeared to me in spirit, while I was fully awake, it would have startled me too much even though I fully believe in the afterlife. So makes me believe that what you experienced was truly a gentle visit.

There are dreams, and there are special dreams that are truly visits from our loved ones. You'll know the difference.
Blessings to you.
"We grow neither better or worse as we get old, but more like ourselves."May L. BeckerCoffee.......the foundation of consciousness

#3 garf426

garf426

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 07:42 PM

thank you Puti, as I said, i am open to the idea of visits but these dreams were a little 'different' I and I had genuine emotion when awaking from both.

#4 Puti

Puti

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 724 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 09:48 PM

That you had genuine emotion when awaking is probably a good sign that it was a real visit. Nothing takes the place of our own "gut-feelings". No matter what anyone else tells you, you must trust that.
"We grow neither better or worse as we get old, but more like ourselves."May L. BeckerCoffee.......the foundation of consciousness

#5 Seer

Seer

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 369 posts
  • Interests:The Metaphysical. Healing, Self healing, meditation, expanding awareness.<br /><br />I run a meditation group on Wednesday evenings. <br /><br />I love helping others.<br /><br />I am a constant reader and love to learn whatever I can. <br /><br />I used to ride a Harely Sportster 1200 but just upgraded to a Softtail Nighttrain 1450. It's beautiful.

Posted 24 September 2012 - 09:46 PM

It is easier for the spirit to come through to us in our dreams than in waking. What you experienced was a visitation from both your grandmother and then your grandfather. They were close to you and wanted to comfort you. I love having those times, they are memories to cherish.
I am more than my physical body.

#6 White Witch

White Witch

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 542 posts
  • Interests:Spirits, Photography, Paranormal Programs, Old Homes and Cottage Life

Posted 25 September 2012 - 05:51 AM

My grandmother always came to me in dreams unfortunately she doesn't anymore. She came and told me that she wasn't coming which upset me very much. My parents show up in my dreams some times.
Right this way to my haunted space.

#7 Puti

Puti

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 724 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 01:16 AM

White Witch, maybe that was a kindness from your grandmother, as she went on to learn and do other things. She just didn't want you to worry over not seeing her for awhile.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users