#1 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,397 posts
  • Interests:Life

Posted 05 September 2012 - 02:41 PM

EDMONTON - Darrell Krushelnicki didn't think twice when he pulled his Hummer in front of a speeding car in order to prevent four children crossing the street from being mowed down.
The 46-year-old from Taber, Alta., was in Edmonton on Friday visiting his parents and had just dropped off his girlfriend at Bonnie Doon Mall. He was stopped at an intersection around 4:30 p.m. when he noticed four kids, ranging in age from three to 16, crossing the street at a marked crosswalk with overhead amber lights.
All the vehicles on the road had stopped, except for a car whizzing up in the far lane. Krushelnicki noticed the car travelling at high speed so he crept into the intersection with his 2006 Hummer.
"I could just tell it was a bad scenario that was going to take place," said Krushelnicki, who works in the oilpatch in northern B.C. "The driver did not see the crosswalk, the amber light flashing, nor the posted speed limit and he appeared to be on a hand-held device of some sort talking."
In order to prevent a disaster, Krushelnicki drove his vehicle in front of the speeding car, which hit the front end of his passenger side, pushing in the bumper and grill.

Read this act of selfless kindness here: http://cnews.canoe.c...4/20168551.html
Posted Image

#2 White Witch

White Witch

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 552 posts
  • Interests:Spirits, Photography, Paranormal Programs, Old Homes and Cottage Life

Posted 05 September 2012 - 08:54 PM

Wow it's good to know we still have people who care. Proud to be Canadian!
Right this way to my haunted space.

#3 Puti

Puti

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 724 posts
  • Interests:Interested in life in all it's forms

Posted 05 September 2012 - 10:45 PM

Wow! thanks for bringing that story to us MoonChild. I know that good caring people are all around us. Too bad we don't have a news station on TV that only tells the good news, huh?
"We grow neither better or worse as we get old, but more like ourselves."May L. BeckerCoffee.......the foundation of consciousness

#4 jenjen

jenjen

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 216 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 06:10 AM

Hero. Totally saved the day and the kids.

#5 Cryscat

Cryscat

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 596 posts
  • Interests:spirituality, art, design, reading, photography, my family (of course), nature, biology, genetics... I could go on, but I think I will stop here.

Posted 08 September 2012 - 08:10 PM

that guy is a hero... the other driver was speeding and on the cell.... people need to stop using the cell phones in the car while driving...
Don't take life too seriously, no one ever gets out alive.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users