Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,386 posts
  • Interests:Life

Posted 11 October 2003 - 08:32 PM

Good Day all my friends in GV!

MoonChild has ressurected!  :-*

I was in the Village quite some time last day, and as soon as I posted in the reincarnation thread, I was found to "logged" off from GV. When I tried to re-login, I was told the username "redenex" doesn't exist. Now, redenex is my registered id, and MoonChild my name in the Village. I could see all the posts as MoonChild mentioned as guest. That was a relief, because at least the posts are left! but then, what happened to "redenex"!

I have re-registered myself in here, and when I check view previous posts of MoonChild, I can see ALL THE previous posts listed! I didn't want to re-register straight away last day was primariliy because I am sure there was some database error from the GV server part and wanted to sort it out from the Admins end. And obviously, I can't wait no longer getting back to my Village, and so, here I am......

the MOON is shining yet again, to haunt the Village he loves most! and to be with his own friends! LUVYA ALL! :-*

PS: but Jeff, it would be great if you can look into this on the server side! :D
Posted Image

#2 MoonChild

MoonChild

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,386 posts

Posted 11 October 2003 - 09:32 PM

hehehe, there is one possible explanation and I guess this is right! After posting in the thread, I had gone to my Profile, tried to change the AVATAR! Now, what IF, and in all probability it is positive, that instead of Change Profile button, I have accidentally CLICKED on the DELETE USER button? And this is quite possible since I am using a double scroll mouse!

:-[ embarrased, yes, but then it is all between friends! ;)
Posted Image

#3 CajunKnight

CajunKnight

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,504 posts

Posted 12 October 2003 - 10:52 AM

HAHAHA, I never thought about that one Moon. I did the same thing quite a while back and just about went stupid trying to figure it out. Glad you got it up and running again.
Welcome to ghostvillage, home of 24,000+ smiling faces and a few old grouches."Some things have to be believed to be seen"Ralph Hodgson

#4 MoonChild

MoonChild

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,386 posts

Posted 31 October 2003 - 11:30 PM

Well, I tried changing my AVATAR again, and lo! I was deleted! I am sure something is wrong with the data transfer. Once I clicked on the Change Profile button, it took ages for the page to be displayed. I clicked on refresh and it said, data need to be transfered again since the connection was reset. Well, in the time I went back to the community, I AM NOT THERE ANYMORE! I was told redenex doesnt exist! lol, I have re-registered YET AGAIN, but I am sure the data transfer has done something messy! Dunno! ::D Am not saying there was a server glitch, maybe the data transfer had some problem. Mostly what I feel is that since the transfer might have been affected while the server was updating my record - and possibly it could be like he database was overwritten with junk information. Dunno, all again back to a newbie! lmao
Posted Image

#5 MoonChild

MoonChild

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,386 posts

Posted 01 November 2003 - 05:23 AM

well, I got back and tried changing my avatar again.... and lo! I was deleted YET AGAIN! dunno! I feel the data transfer has really got some glitches!
Posted Image

#6 MoonChild

MoonChild

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,386 posts

Posted 01 November 2003 - 10:25 AM

:-/ dunno!
Posted Image

#7 MoonChild

MoonChild

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,386 posts

Posted 03 November 2003 - 07:04 AM

well, I am sure there is something WRONG! And now I am assuming that I HAVEn't accidentally deleted myself. I SAW it happenning 3 times yesterday (01/11/2003). And now, we have lost the Spiritography Board. Yes, it is me who last posted and after posting, I saw the only thread existing was the one I posted. But as I went back there, I saw all the threads listed. I also saw myself NOT LISTED as online! Also I noted that there were 4 users and 2 guests at that time and NONE were listed online! I immediately notified Jeff regarding this, left office and am now at home. Came here and saw the damage, BUT WHY? WHAT is wrong? What I encounter is that the line gets almost DEAD, I click on refresh and lo! I get deleted! Well........ Is there anything I can do with this? I also want to know if there is ANY ATTACKS form my server side? OR is it just bad database design?
Posted Image

#8 krcguns

krcguns

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,206 posts
  • Interests:Well....investigating ghosts and finding out what lies beyond this life of course!

Posted 03 November 2003 - 09:32 AM

Moon,

I don't think there are any attacks going on, just a server space problem.  Jeff is looking into an alternative so that this won't happen again but it may take a little bit of time to get everything switched.  I think that you are just lucky (said sarcastically) in being the last one to post before it fills up and deletes the board.  Either that or you just like to break the internet!  LOL Sorry moon had to harass you a little bit.  It will be ok, I wouldn't worry about it too much, it isn't your fault! ;D
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#9 MoonChild

MoonChild

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,386 posts

Posted 03 November 2003 - 08:46 PM

Either that or you just like to break the internet!  LOL Sorry moon had to harass you a little bit.  It will be ok, I wouldn't worry about it too much, it isn't your fault! ;D

:( ;) thatsokay buddy! ;)

Technically I am sure I am not at error, but also I want to make sure the port is not getting weak from my side! lol yeah, Jeff told me about the Database Space problem. Thats okay. Hope thigns are taken care of :D Thanks Brian, Thanks Jeff :D
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users