Click Here To Visit Our Sponsor

Photo

I think my house is haunted..but I'm not sure. Help??

haunted house help When

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 audrey.paige

audrey.paige

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 10:39 AM

I'm not really sure how to start this off but basically, I think my house might be haunted. It was built in the mid 30's and is surrounded by houses also built around the same time. My mother and I just moved in about 3 and a half months ago at the start of my senior year in high school and things have been getting progressively worse.

It started out with small things like hearing things move around and footsteps in the attic but then after two weeks of living here something really weird happened. One night me, my best friend, and our boyfriends were all in my room watching t.v. just goofing around. All of the sudden my two dogs started going nuts and I just thought it was because my mom had gotten home from her boyfriends house(the dogs always get excited and start barking when she gets home). Well our boyfriends thought it would be funny to scare my mom when she walked in, so they went and hid behind the doorway in the hall. Now this is the weird part, we heard keys jingling in the lock and the door opened halfway but then when the guys started yelling the door slammed shut. They went outside to see if my mom had gotten scared and ran to her car but her car wasn't in the driveway. Freaked out, I called her and she told me she was still at her boyfriends house. We called the cops in case it was somebody trying to break in but they never found any signs of forced entry.

After that happened things went back to normal for a while, until a few weeks afterword when i was standing at the kitchen sink and i saw somebody dressed in a black and green stripped shirt walk by into my mothers bedroom. Thinking it was my mom, I walked into her room also but it was empty. Later when i told my mom, she just thought i was seeing things. A few nights later, my friend had spent the night and had gotten up around 3 a.m. to go to the bathroom and claims she saw a man sitting in the recliner in the living room. She told me he just sat there staring at the fire place. She got scared and just went back to her room and stayed there until I woke up.

We still continued hearing footsteps and things moving but now we would hear like someone is using keys to open the lock on the front door. Every now and then I'll be on the couch and it sounds as if my mother is home and she's opening the door but I'll go check and nobody will be there. Even she has heard the keys in the door noises.

I think the worst of it happened today though. This morning I was called to get checked out of school because the dog I've had since kindergarten had died. But it's the way he died that makes me think it was something else that did it. Every morning when my mom leaves for work my two dogs always bark and run after her. Well this morning she shut the door behind and she heard a loud bang. When she oped the door back up, she saw that the metal piece that is part of the fire place had fallen over and onto my dog (he was a little Yorkie). When she pulled the metal off, he was already gone. It had crushed him. The thing is, that metal piece had been screwed into the wall so I see no possible way that it just fell over. I have a gut feeling that it wasn't just some freak accident.

I've always had a weird feeling about this house but now I know there is something wrong about it. Am I crazy or is my house possibly haunted? Help me please!

#2 White Witch

White Witch

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 555 posts
  • Interests:Spirits, Photography, Paranormal Programs, Old Homes and Cottage Life

Posted 27 September 2012 - 10:46 AM

I would try and contact a paranormal group in your area.
Right this way to my haunted space.

#3 Frater Arion

Frater Arion

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 36 posts
  • Interests:Occultism, Chemistry, Physics, Music, Rock Climbing,

Posted 27 September 2012 - 10:51 AM

Sorry about your dog Posted Image

I prefer to look at things skeptically at first, so let's assume that your house is not haunted. Try to find some sort of mundane reasons behind whatever is happening, footsteps being heard could be echos from other parts of the house, the key jingling you hear could be any number of things, sound waves can bounce around and make it difficult to hear where things are coming form.

Do some investigation, try an EVP session, take photos, do some research into your houses history. If there is a spirit, you should be able to find out a little more.
Asperges me, AGLA, hyssopo, et mundabor; lavabis me, et super nivem dealbabor.
Accendat in nobis Eheieh ignem sui amoris et flammam aeternae caritatis.

My blog

#4 audrey.paige

audrey.paige

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 11:32 AM

Thanks about my dog:/ But yeah I've been thinking about going and finding some information about the house. I also just talked to my mom about the EVP sessions and photos and we agreed that if would be worth a shot. Thanks:)

#5 Larry L.

Larry L.

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 02:33 PM

Sounds a bit familiar. We used to have a man sit in our couch late at night. He would just sit there and watch TV. It stopped when we got a flat screen.
I'd wake up at night and hear the TV on low volume. I'd hear what sounded like someone sitting on the couch. When I would wake up fully, everything went back to quiet.
Research any history on the house. It's probably nothing to worry about. Just some former resident that decided to stay a while longer.
I think the metal piece falling was probably a coincidence. Metal screws loosen on their own with vibrartions like doors closing.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: haunted, house, help, When

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users