4 replies to this topic

#1 SeekX

SeekX

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 288 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 08:15 PM

How do we know that ghost exists ?
I have experienced a lot of things I even believe in a lot of things and a lot of possibilities but on a personal level and not just the paranormal but unusual experience or occurrences but I can find an explanation for them all with only one exception,
And even if no explanation could be found how do we know that is not only because our knowledge of the universe is incomplete and the occurrences can given knowledge as yet unknown be explained through logical and rational means. That they really are quite natural and nothing of a spiritual nature to them.

And If ghost do exists then how do we know for sure what or who they really are?
Hey weird something just flew off the TV while I just typed that .
Never mind it was just the cat got in the house somehow .
Intriguing timing though that really freaked me out.,.
Posted Image

#2 Frater Arion

Frater Arion

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 36 posts
  • Interests:Occultism, Chemistry, Physics, Music, Rock Climbing,

Posted 03 October 2012 - 09:15 PM

How do we know that ghost exists ?
I have experienced a lot of things I even believe in a lot of things and a lot of possibilities but on a personal level and not just the paranormal but unusual experience or occurrences but I can find an explanation for them all with only one exception,
And even if no explanation could be found how do we know that is not only because our knowledge of the universe is incomplete and the occurrences can given knowledge as yet unknown be explained through logical and rational means. That they really are quite natural and nothing of a spiritual nature to them.

Our knowledge of the universe is definitely incomplete. Any scientist will tell you that, if our knowledge was complete then we wouldn't need science anymore. I'm sure that many supposed "paranormal" things can be explained through logical and rational means, people tend to throw around ghosts and ghouls way too often. However, I do believe there is a spiritual side to the world, and I see that you separated it, saying natural, versus spiritual, where as I see everything spiritual as natural in and of itself, though that's probably just arguing semantics.

There are many reasons people believe ghosts exist. Religious beliefs and personal experiences being the top two. I have no doubt that eventually science will be able to explain all of this. I'm waiting for, and trying to actively participate in, the merging of science and mysticism/paranormal.
It could be that we're all crazy, and science will explain everything away, though I doubt it. I find it more likely that someone some day will be able to adapt scientific understanding to the paranormal.
Asperges me, AGLA, hyssopo, et mundabor; lavabis me, et super nivem dealbabor.
Accendat in nobis Eheieh ignem sui amoris et flammam aeternae caritatis.

My blog

#3 Puti

Puti

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 724 posts
  • Interests:Interested in life in all it's forms

Posted 03 October 2012 - 11:34 PM

I also believe that everything spiritual is natural. Just because we can't see it (well, some people do) the spiritual realm is no less "real" than the physical reality familiar to us.

Like Frater Arion mentions the "merging of science and mysticism" ..... it will certainly present a clearer picture for us of our universe and ourselves. We've been taught to separate the two.
"We grow neither better or worse as we get old, but more like ourselves."May L. BeckerCoffee.......the foundation of consciousness

#4 CaveRat2

CaveRat2

Village Elder

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,545 posts
  • Interests:Serious Research and separating the truth from the hype in the paranormal field today.

Posted 04 October 2012 - 07:29 AM

Regarding natural versus spiritual I would also have to agree to a point. All things are natural, natural encompasses everything we encounter. The spiritual is simply a division of the natural; it covers that which deals with beliefs and the soul. The paranormal is only that which we don't currently understand and can't connect to the natural... yet! Consider 100 years ago lasers and computers would have been considered paranormal devices. As we gain new knowledge the realm of the paranormal is getting smaller,

So do ghosts exist? I often question that myself since all our observations seem to be going nowhere. One must step back and ask why? And one obvious answer is "We aren't asking the right questions.". Clearly many people claim to experience something they feel is a ghost. We can't just arbitrarily dismiss all those claims. But we can open up to new possibilities. Maybe ghosts aren't the old , tired belief of dead people or their spirits. Maybe that's why we aren't finding answers. Maybe we are looking in the wrong place. Maybe the real answer to ghosts is something we haven't even considered yet!

#5 SeekX

SeekX

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 288 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 08:27 PM

All very astute thoughts and observations.
Particularly to me personally those of CaveRat’s.
Yes I separate the spiritual from the natural and rational but because that is the way it is generally perceived,
I am Christian so I believe the spiritual is natural but I like separating my beliefs from other facets as to remain objective.
I can no more find any conclusive evidence or proof than I can for my religious beliefs or even the existence of God ,
That I believe is just that , belief and nothing more .

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users