Transfer of video images

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 krcguns

krcguns

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,206 posts
  • Interests:Well....investigating ghosts and finding out what lies beyond this life of course!

Posted 11 June 2003 - 04:37 AM

Ok...it's my turn!

I have a handycam with nightshots as I have said in other posts.  My question is...what is the best way to get a video image from a camcorder that is not digital to the computer in order to post pics from it and what is the best computer program to use for processing of the image?

Thanks ;D
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#2 dntueva

dntueva

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 510 posts

Posted 25 June 2003 - 02:32 AM

The camcorder comes with some software called Movie Shaker that actually works pretty well. It's slow, and doesn't have a ton of features - but for basic movie editing it actually works well and has the options that you really need. I'd say it's about the same as Windows Movie Maker.

Hope this helps I dont have a Camcorder but my friend does and when he comes over I prefer the windows movie maker.
Hope this helps friend
Michael

Posted ImageIt Always Pays To Pay Attention

#3 SpiritsOfMd

SpiritsOfMd

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 350 posts
  • Interests:A little 'bit of everything!

Posted 01 July 2003 - 06:58 AM

KRC, Did you figure it out yet?  If not you need to know if your camera was made to be compatiable with computers straight out of the box or not, my camera was new but wasnt ready for a computer, so they sell these adaptors, simular to a vcr,stero and tv hook up lol, but bigger, and you can hook your camera up to it and then the cord will fit your computer and there u go....if you go to best buy and tell them what your trying to do they will show you what u need, it cost about 75 bucks if I remember correctly :D
[FONT=Courier][COLOR=blue]"EVEN IF YOUR ON THE RIGHT TRACK, IF YOU JUST SIT THERE YOU WILL STILL GET HIT"

#4 krcguns

krcguns

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,206 posts
  • Interests:Well....investigating ghosts and finding out what lies beyond this life of course!

Posted 01 July 2003 - 11:35 AM

Hey, thanks for the information!  I really appreciate it!  I will check this out and see about how I have to hook it up! ;D
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#5 ohhorror

ohhorror

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 845 posts
  • Interests:Photography, I love digital infrared photography, History, Computers and of course computer games, Psychology, Strip Clubs, Oh, and of course ghost hunting and paranormal studies.

Posted 03 July 2003 - 09:50 AM

[glow=red,2,300]KRCGUNS[/glow]

I use this I am very happy with it and the software is easy to use as well:

ADS USB Instant Video CD $69.99
Item Number      A03-7020

Take that old camcorder out of the closet and dust it off. You can now turn it into a Live Web Cam over the Internet, use it for video conferencing, or create and share home movies over the Internet and more! This value packed product includes all the cables and software you need to share videos and snapshots in an Instant. And since it is USB, it can be installed on your PC or Mac in an Instant.

You can now capture high quality video and stereo audio on your desktop or notebook computer. Just plug in your camcorder or VCR and use VideoStudio 5 Basic to capture and edit your home movies. Then save your movie in all the common video formats such as .AVI, QuickTime, VCD, MPEG1, Real or .ASF streaming video and Instantly publish to the web or copy to a CD.

You can view it here: http://www.tigerdire...sp?sku=A03-7020
Posted Image Founder of the Connecticut Paranormal Research Team - www.ctparanormal.comhttp://www.myspace.com/ghosthunterx

#6 flyingorb

flyingorb

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,754 posts
  • Interests:Infrared Photography

Posted 20 July 2003 - 09:14 AM

Dazzel works good also.  It gives the ability to alter contrast/brightness too.
CRY HAVOK! Let Slip The Chihuahuas Of War.....When an ORB dies.......a Chihuahua is born!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users