3 replies to this topic

#1 Freda

Freda

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 06 July 2003 - 04:14 AM

Hi,

I posted yesterday to see if any of you could - with your knowledge of EVP - explain how the following can happen if possible.
Listed first, are from tapes that I do not have any longer, they were returned to the owner and we no longer are in communication for several reasons - but I would still like to understand the phenomena if someone can enlighten me please.  
I belong to a physical circle and we play music throughout our sittings which has varied so much over the years we have been sitting. Now we play power raising plain music.

1. One Christmas we were playing a pre-recorded tape of various artistes - the first tune (side A) was o.k. but the second one which was Bing Crosby's White Christmas... started at the end of the tune, and finished at the beginning. The rest of the tunes were fine. On the second ( side B ) everything was again fine until we reached the penultimate tune, which played back to front again and the last tune perfectly normal.

2. We use recording equipment and initially when we first started sitting, we would sing ourselves instead of playing music, and with eight of us blasting out you can imagine the cacophony that often ensued. So imagine my surprise/shock when listening to the recording the day after one sitting to hear two old men with west country accents - one was really chuckling and the other was admonishing the other with the words -" You're not supposed to larf." ( As clear as a bell).

3. We have had to move circle venue many times when someone has moved away from the area, passed on, or just left the group.
In one place, we said the closing prayer and called out goodbye to those who had joined us for a short while. On tape can be heard someone calling back to our goodbye with....'goodbyeeee' quite clearly.

4. When we first started using pre-recorded music in circle we used to play a few tunes from Queen - a favourite with all of us... and within the music  of  'Who wants to live Forever' towards the end,  after one sitting there was a loud distorted sound extra to what was being played. We had to listen very hard on other equipment to hear the voice saying - "It's me, I'm here."

After a service one evening at Church, I was speaking with the medium, a friend of mine, and he asked me how our circle was going .... in the middle of telling him about the voices we had been getting on tape, that hadn't been heard at all as we were sitting .... he suddenly said " They are telling me you need a Tesla coil" - when I asked where from, he said that we had to find that out for ourselves.  We managed to find what the object was and after a series of coincidences that came about, were able to go ahead with what has turned our circle into a scientific one - not from our point of view - we just sit and provide what is required from this side of life whilst the spirit team are doing all the hard work on their side.

5. In 1987/88 I had a sitting at Stansted with a medium called Mavis Patilla which was taped - and I do have somewhere amongst the mountain of rubbish that has accumulated over the years ( when you tend to save in case it comes in useful at some future date.)
It was a brand new tape only unwrapped just prior to attending for the sitting .... but on tape you can actually hear the words being spoken before Mavis speaks them and it is word for word what she actually says.  Almost as if I am listening in on a conversation between two people.

Any ideas on any of the above please anyone ?

Freda
Refuse to set boundaries to what is achievable and you will make the impossible happen. Brahma Kumaris.

#2 krcguns

krcguns

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,206 posts
  • Interests:Well....investigating ghosts and finding out what lies beyond this life of course!

Posted 06 July 2003 - 07:15 AM

Freda,

It is controversial as to exactly how spirit voices are recorded on tape.  I know that it happens since I have recorded too many to think they don't.  Some believe that the person with the recorder are a medium and participating in the recording of the voices.  I don't think that is it from my standpoint as the evp "ghostly conversation" was recorded myself and Nonnie were right there together and neither one of us spoke those words.  I feel that it is simply that spirits use magnetic energy which of course effects magnetic audio tape.

As for the songs playing backwards, this is very strange.  Did it occur only on this one occasion?  Was it only on this one tape player?  Was the tape listened to at a different location and on a different player? ;D
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#3 Freda

Freda

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 06 July 2003 - 08:47 AM

Hi krcguns,

The strange tape was heard in circle and then Di took it back home again the same night - don't know what happened to it after that.

We have always used the same recorder, which is a Sharp's continuous radio and tape set.  I am always the one who sorts the tapes out at the beginning of circle, and who controls the machine during circle .... but this was a bought pre-recorded tape anyway.

That was eight years ago, and nothing like it has happened since for we seem to be going along a different route for the last few years.

You are right it was very strange -  no comment about the tape with Mavis Patilla then ? I was hoping you could perhaps shed some light on that, especially when the voice is so clear.  

I will have to find it and re-listen (after all these years) to determine that it isn't the same voice speaking both times by the tape being faulty.

Thanks for the reply though.

Regards
Freda
Refuse to set boundaries to what is achievable and you will make the impossible happen. Brahma Kumaris.

#4 krcguns

krcguns

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,206 posts
  • Interests:Well....investigating ghosts and finding out what lies beyond this life of course!

Posted 06 July 2003 - 09:52 AM

Freda,

I am very sorry about the Mavis tape.  I had intended to comment on that one being it is the most interesting to me.  I was hurrying through a little this morning and forgot when I posted.

I would very much like to hear that recording!  I think it could very well be the spirit possibly.  As for new tapes I will never re-use a tape it always has to be right out of the package.

That is very interesting about the backwards songs on the other tape.  Without having it to listen to in other machines to see if it was the tape or not I would have to consider that there are other means by which it could have happened other than paranormal.  It would seem inconclusive to me. ;D
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users