General Contractors

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 colinBTM

colinBTM

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 04:43 PM

Just curious, are any of you contractors and have experienced anything paranormal while working a job for a homeowner? A lot of houses are built on indian burial grounds and old civil war battle grounds and I've been hearing a lot lately about homeowners experiencing things and hiring contractors to further investigate..

Colin BTM

#2 TheresaRHPS

TheresaRHPS

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 02:40 PM

My dad isn't a contractor himself, but he's sort of like the "right hand man" for a local contractor. After breaking both knees, my dad has retired from working on the building of our local McMansions and has transitioned more into painting and renovating homes that his boss buys, as well as painting and maintenance for the apartments he owns. And yes...he has TONS of stories, lol.

While he worked at buiding new homes, he never came across anything. Of course, he was building these in an area that didn't see a whole lot of Civil War action...and in my particular area of the state, while there are several Indian burial mounds, we didn't have a whole lot of Native American permanent settlements because they thought the land was haunted by a group of people called the Azgen, lol. Oh, and I've never heard him mention any Poltergeist situations where they moved old cemeteries either, but I am intrigued. I'll have to ask him about that.

Anyway, since he now works in older homes, he's told me about several that have weird stuff. One is a very nice home in a very nice neighborhood. It was built in the 1920s, but has a neat addition from the 1950s--a full underground shelter, lol. In the home itself, the guys working have all heard walking and talking on the floor above or below them. When they go to investigate, the sounds switch to another floor. There's another apartment where a woman committed suicide. Apparently, she slit her wrists, but when that was killing her fast enough, she hanged herself. The spot where she hanged herself and bled out soaked through the hardwood floors. No amount of refinishing or even painting has gotten that spot up, and weird things happen there all the time too.

I've never really heard of people hiring contractors to take on a ghost busting role, but it does make a lot of sense. A contractor would be the perfect person to ensure that wiring, plumbing, and structural issues aren't causing what looks like paranormal activity. I've also read stories where contractors inadvertantly solved paranormal mysteries by renovating a home and finding bones, money, etc. in walls and under floorboards...
Huntington Paranormal Investigations and ResearchCheck out my website

#3 CaveRat2

CaveRat2

Village Elder

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,567 posts
  • Interests:Serious Research and separating the truth from the hype in the paranormal field today.

Posted 05 March 2013 - 09:07 PM

I have worked with contractors in this manner myself, most recently with our motel case in eastern Pa. We documented activity, thenwere present when the contractor opened the wall to install a connecting door between two rooms in the motel. This case is documented on my website so i won't repeat it all here. But long story short, a filled well was found under the wall where activity was reported. The contractor had to do some work to stabilize the ground on the slab before installing the door which he did. After the completion, and to to date there has been no new reports of activity. I and an associate were present while much of the work was done.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users