• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 greywolfe

greywolfe

• Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Interests:Paranormal-UFO's-QuantumPhysics-Immortality etc

Posted 28 May 2013 - 01:13 PM

Leylines are a most curious phenomena first made famous by an author called Alfred Watkins circa 1928. His book "The Old straight Track" was inspired by a vision he had whilst hiking in the county of Herefordshire in the U.K. where he lived.
The vision he had was of the countryside suddenly becoming interlaced with lines that connected old churches and other places of antiquity. As a result of this split seconds insight Alfred undertook a study of the area using maps and made the discovery that many old churches were indeed connected to each other along perfectly straight lines. Many readers of his work became captivated and sought to undertake similar studies of there own. My own interest having been stimulated led me to make an initial study of my neighborhood. I began my studies using a 1 inch to the mile ordinance survey map. First of all I drew a circle around all the churches that I knew to be (a few) centuries old. Then with a ruler I began checking to see if any of these markers formed straight lines obviously using 3 churches as the minimum criteria. Almost immediately I found many 3 church alignments and a fair number of 4 and 5 church lines. The plot thickened when I extended the lines by some 15 miles or so beyond the last confirmed marker of an alignment. I found that if I extended all the alignments that even though they didn't pass through any more churches - some of these extended lines crossed at exact points on the map. I called these points (Ley crossroads). Using these crossroads themselves as a confirmed marker some of the unconfirmed 2 church leys were now confirmed. It was really a Eureka moment to know that I'd discovered ancient knowledge that absolutely nobody else was aware of. There are other markers that frequently occur on leylines such as pieces of perfectly straight modern roads that follow the route of pre-medieval tracks. Lakes and natural markers such as prominent hills are found often found along the lines. Another more quirky finding is if you regard a church as a central point and draw imaginary circular spiral pattern out from that point - then do a similar exercise with a neighboring church or marker - you may find that the nodes of intersection of the spirals unearth further markers that also form Ley-lines. In addition to markers and geometry, place names are extremely useful as confirmation of a Leys existence. Very old place names such as Cole (Coleshill) or White (Whitecross) etc are examples along with Dodd or Bury and so on. A vital feature to include as a marker in any map search are ancient burial grounds or Earthworks. Alfred Watkins was firmly of the opinion that these tracks were devised as a navigational/ transport network from bygone times. Many students since then have proposed a multitude of other solutions to the riddle. I personally think that sections of the system were perhaps used as roads but am convinced that this was not their primary function. There are many curious folk lore legends attached to the lines as any researcher will soon discover. When I actually visited sites I'd identified, all sorts of confirmations started to appear. Most curious were names of old cottages on the alignments such as Coles Farm or Bury Hill. The most famous Ley-line junction is possibly Stonehenge. What stuck me most about visiting Stonehenge was that it is surround by literally hundreds of earth mounds and other Ley features . From the air the miles surrounding Stonehenge look like a 4000 year old metropolis with the henge itself looking almost insignificant within the mass of features that surround it. The fact that churches contribute so heavily in Ley hunting is a little misleading really. It is not the church itself that's important here it's the land upon which it was built. It became usual with the onset of Christianity to build churches on old pagan sites to lure the enthusiasm of the old ways of the people to the new movement. Upon the old Pagan sites there often stood large standing stones (In fact many church yards still have these relics of Paganism). I think (and many others) believe these monoliths to be key to understanding the Ley-line puzzle. The stones it is thought may have been booster stations forming a network or energy management crossing the entire UK ( &other lands beyond). What type of energy connected the sites is open to much debate. Curiously some stones shows signs of cup marks on their surfaces of various diameters that may have served as satellite type dishes sunken into the surface with their diameters devised to control different frequencies. It is my belief that the energy manipulated by the network was gravity itself. As yet scientist have not been able to detect gravity-waves and I'm sure it's because they simply don't exist. I believe that gravity is a product of distorted space time engineered by the presence of mass. As gravity is a very subtle force it seems feasible to me that the mass of a large stone could be sufficient to cause a local micro-gravitational effects that positioning of the stone and (dish) features upon it's surface could be fashioned in such a way as to harness the (energy/space-time ripple). The mass of Ayres rock in Australia is magnificent example of micro-gravitational anomalous events.
Whatever truth is eventually found to be behind the purpose Ley-lines - it's certainly remains the most captivating of mysteries to solve.

#2 Cryscat

Cryscat

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 592 posts
  • Interests:spirituality, art, design, reading, photography, my family (of course), nature, biology, genetics... I could go on, but I think I will stop here.

Posted 28 May 2013 - 06:19 PM

Interesting reading. Thanks for posting. Have you read anything by Paul Devereux? He has several books out about this subject and my two favorites are "Haunted Land" and "Fairy Paths & Spirt Roads." I think in the UK, the title of the last book may be "Fairy Paths & Death Roads."

http://www.amazon.co...&qid=1369783069
Don't take life too seriously, no one ever gets out alive.

#3 Stormeye

Stormeye

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 10:41 AM

My brain always spins when people start talking physics Posted Image but interesting reading nonetheless. The Chinese and other cultures believe that human beings have meridians through which the life energy flows so why would this not also be the case for the earth itself? It seems to me that at least some of these tracks could be the energy system of the planet and that these various intersections or close intersections might supply some of the energy for paranormal phenomenon or might even provide the windows that John Keel talks about in his books.

As an example, I have been doing a series of experiments in etheric projection (something like astral projection but remaining on the earth plane). I do these projections blind, with just a set of coordinates and a brief look at Google Earth to give me an aerial view of the target. I've been able to describe the insides of buildings hundred of miles away and give my impressions of the energy in those places to the satisfaction of people who have been there physically. I've had some targets that I just could not get a good read on but, altogether, my results have been pretty good.

One of my target sites was a hilltop in Ohio. I had no idea why this site was chosen but, as I "landed", I saw what appeared to be a Sasquatch leaving the area (remember this is etheric, I am not visible and chances are this critter was not either, the plane is just off the physical). In addition, for no reason I could understand, I was careful not to move out of the trees, I felt that there was a threat from above. As I looked at the earth in this area, I perceived that there were several ley lines in the area and that they had a near convergence under the hill, literally creating what looked like a window or portal to me. In my report, I commented that the whole area had that "potential for high strangeness" feel to it.

The individual who gave me this target almost laughed when he read my report (I check in before I am told anything about the target area). This hilltop is in a "hot zone" for Sasquatch sighting in Ohio and there have been a number of UFO reports (the threat from above) from the area centering on this hill. He had not heard of other strangeness but found it telling that I would pick up on the two things that definitely had occurred in the area.

So, I, too, find this idea of ley lines fascinating, if only from a personal perspective.

#4 TheresaRHPS

TheresaRHPS

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 04:33 AM

I've always been only mildly interested in the subject of ley lines, mostly because there's never really been a lot of good information about them concerning the United States. However, I recently upped the interest a bit when researcher Fiona Broome offered the Kindle edition of her ley line book for free for a limited time. Basically, the book is a guide to plot out points of interest (anything from haunted sites, UFO sightings, cryptid sightings, murders, etc.) on a map and see if they fall along any discernable lines. I practiced by plotting out the locations of stops on our haunted history tours...and found out that one house in particular falls right at the junction of two pretty prominent lines. One of those lines actually extends into Pt. Pleasant, WV--Mothman Country. Unfortunately, its not like I could really PROVE any substance to these lines...it might just be that more "haunted" locations follow these two lines because both lines fall pretty in sync with historic roads, and the largest concentration of "historic" homes in the area falls along these oldest sections, lol.

Still, its a pretty neat subject, and one that I'd like to read up a little more on.
Huntington Paranormal Investigations and ResearchCheck out my website

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users