Free Skins
© Fisana

Photo
- - - - -

Xbox Kinect to ghost hunt ? Ghost adventures did !

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 erna_butter

erna_butter

weird ancient from the medieval times

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 627 posts
  • Interests:Art (any kind), computers, paranormal, forensics, psychology, and of course fantasy books, and history.

Posted 07 September 2013 - 11:24 AM

Howdy All !!!!!

It`s been awhile since I`ve been around, and I`m hoping everyone is doing well :)

I got a question for you, I was told in passing by my friends sister, that on an episode of one of my favorite shows ( Ghost adventures ), they used an Xbox Kinect to capture a spirit on screen.
I was curious if it`s possible, seeing as how the only time I`ve ever used one, was for video games, and it didn`t catch me all that well. I am assuming though, since I havn`t watched the episode yet, thatthey attached it to a laptop or computer and not the Xbox itself lol.
The episode in question through my googling the subject is titled * Cripple Creek*

I hope to hear your thoughts and ideas...on whether it would work or not... and if you had personal stories to share on the subject as well :)

Thanks for the read :P

PS. wasn`t sure if it should be posted here or not, but given it`s something that happened on the show... I thought I was in the right place to put it .
Posted Image I A.M CANADIAN

#2 Redhead

Redhead

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,196 posts
  • Interests:Needlework, including counted cross stitch and knitting, reading, dogs, triking (trikes are three wheeled motorcycled if you didn't know) and flower gardening. That is besides the paranormal...

Posted 08 September 2013 - 04:53 PM

Welcome back, Erna! It's nice to see you after so long.

I am moving this to the Equipment board, as this is more about using an Xbox as equipment than it is about discussing a show. It'll get more attention in Equipment.
"Never wrestle with a pig. All you get is dirty and the pig has all the fun." ~ Anon.

#3 CaveRat2

CaveRat2

Village Elder

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,529 posts
  • Interests:Serious Research and separating the truth from the hype in the paranormal field today.

Posted 17 September 2013 - 07:51 AM

These methods are used by amateurs who just want something to do on a Saturday night. TV promotes it because marketing loves the idea of tying in a product off the shelf with the show. Sells a few Kinects that way!

But for serious investigations one must use a device intended for the use it was designed for. It's like using a cell phone camera / recorder. It might work, sometimes, but the odds of getting a false positive far out weigh the odds of getting valid data. So if you want a camera, use a good camera. If you want to record EVP, use a good audio recorder. And leave the Kinect / X Box home to play games on it. You will get less data that way, but what you do get stands a much better chance of being something worth looking at.
CaveRat......
Visit my website

#4 White Witch

White Witch

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 518 posts
  • Interests:Spirits, Photography, Paranormal Programs, Old Homes and Cottage Life

Posted 18 September 2013 - 05:48 AM

I agree
Right this way to my haunted space.

#5 erna_butter

erna_butter

weird ancient from the medieval times

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 627 posts
  • Interests:Art (any kind), computers, paranormal, forensics, psychology, and of course fantasy books, and history.

Posted 17 October 2013 - 05:39 PM

Thanks Red head :) I still poke around the forums from time to time.. making sure everyone is doing well :)

Caverat, I never thought of it that way, that is a pretty good view on the whole thing.

Hope you all are doing well.
Posted Image I A.M CANADIAN

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users