Ottawa Crash

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 White Witch

White Witch

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 546 posts
  • Interests:Spirits, Photography, Paranormal Programs, Old Homes and Cottage Life

Posted 18 September 2013 - 11:00 AM

This morning in Ottawa there was a terrible crash between a city bus and Via Rail train. Please join me in praying for those who lost family members. 5 are confirmed dead, including the driver.
Right this way to my haunted space.

#2 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,397 posts
  • Interests:Life

Posted 18 September 2013 - 11:17 AM

Sending prayers and blessings to all those who are in need!
Posted Image

#3 White Witch

White Witch

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 546 posts
  • Interests:Spirits, Photography, Paranormal Programs, Old Homes and Cottage Life

Posted 19 September 2013 - 05:48 AM

The flags in Ottawa are at half mast. There was such a different feel to people on the transit system last night going home. They gave the name of the driver and showed a picture of him. I'm sure we have had him on one of our routes at some point in time. They are saying it will be a while for the facts to be known. In total 6 people lost their lives. Makes you stop and think doesn't it. One minute you can be sitting talking about work or what you did the night before or reading then you are gone. It's true every one life touches many more.

#4 barb_s13

barb_s13

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 73 posts
  • Interests:Everything paranormal, but especially the Bridgewater Triangle. When not investigating the unexplainable, I like to read, write, walk my little white dog Malcolm, garden, cook and paint.

Posted 19 September 2013 - 07:49 AM

I am so sorry to hear about this terrible accident to our north. Yes, you are right - it makes you stop and think for a minute, and then you give thanks for your health and safety, and your family's health and safety, too. Living here near Boston, we've had some close calls. I pray nonstop for my four grown children. Years ago while training for Northwest Airlines, my daughter went over that fated bridge in Minneapolis about a half hour before it collapsed. A few weeks later, my son was working in a Best Buy and a man tried to rob him at gunpoint. My son thought it was one of his friends playing a joke, so he laughed at him! The robber turned, walked out, and proceeded to successfully rob a nearby Wal-Mart! Every day, every minute, is a gift. I just keep on praying, keep my eyes open and my head held high - and try to be as strong as I can. God Bless you and all those in Ottawa. My prayers are with you now.
Apparitions are often confused with hauntings. The difference is that apparitions are "live" (intelligent consciousness) and hauntings are "recordings."- LOYD AUERBACH, interview

#5 White Witch

White Witch

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 546 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 08:49 AM

His widow has spoken with the press. She says he was in good health and would never put people in danger. He was a very well thought of driver. Her birthday was Tuesday and he had surprised her with balloons and flowers. He has let behind a 18 year old daughter and two step sons. There was also mention that he was a grandfather. There are still 3 people from the crash they can not identify. The station my bus goes to for my bus for work has a train station right by it but there is a bridge for the train to pass as the buses go under. There are reports this spot has been a concern for a few years due to the fact the transit system passes directly over the tracks. I suppose something will be done now. I thank you for those prayers you are sending.

#6 LycanGhost

LycanGhost

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 355 posts
  • Interests:Knitting and crocheting, scrapbooking, reading, listening to music and singing

Posted 26 September 2013 - 12:48 PM

I am so sorry to hear about this terrible accident to our north. Yes, you are right - it makes you stop and think for a minute, and then you give thanks for your health and safety, and your family's health and safety, too. Living here near Boston, we've had some close calls. I pray nonstop for my four grown children. Years ago while training for Northwest Airlines, my daughter went over that fated bridge in Minneapolis about a half hour before it collapsed. A few weeks later, my son was working in a Best Buy and a man tried to rob him at gunpoint. My son thought it was one of his friends playing a joke, so he laughed at him! The robber turned, walked out, and proceeded to successfully rob a nearby Wal-Mart! Every day, every minute, is a gift. I just keep on praying, keep my eyes open and my head held high - and try to be as strong as I can. God Bless you and all those in Ottawa. My prayers are with you now.

It does make you do that.. One of my uncles was in the WTC a few weeks before 9/11 and when I heard about that... Man. Sending my thoughts to the families.

Posted Image

Cry Havoc! And let loose the Dobermans of war!

My knitting and crocheting blog.

Life is too short to take seriously, none of us get out of it alive.

Each morning when I open my eyes I say to myself: I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be.Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it.

http://www.nomorerack.com/?cr=9281971

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users