• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Truegho

Truegho

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 08:23 PM

Over the years, just before a death has occurred in our family, we have experienced strange things - or portents, if you like - that we have been unable to explain. Here are just a few of them:

1. Electrical applicances being mysteriously switched on and off
2. Sudden loud bangs up in our bedrooms when nobody was up there
3. Footsteps walking through the house when nobody else was in there
4. Pictures falling off the wall
5. Ornaments being lifted off the mantlepiece by unseen hands and thrown to the floor

Has anybody else experienced such things just before a death has occurred in their family? If so, please relate your stories here, as i would really be interested in reading them.

#2 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,397 posts
  • Interests:Life

Posted 28 September 2013 - 05:43 AM

Moving this to General Board.
Posted Image

#3 barb_s13

barb_s13

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 73 posts
  • Interests:Everything paranormal, but especially the Bridgewater Triangle. When not investigating the unexplainable, I like to read, write, walk my little white dog Malcolm, garden, cook and paint.

Posted 28 September 2013 - 07:18 AM

This is a guess, mind you, but it sounds to me like your family is experiencing a pre-death visitation. When someone dies, their loved ones who have died before them may gather around them to help them pass over. Amongst this activity are spirits who come to check on both them, and on the rest of their family. This is most likely a deseased family member who is checking on you and in the process, making their presence known. Thanks for sharing this interesting phenomena.
Apparitions are often confused with hauntings. The difference is that apparitions are "live" (intelligent consciousness) and hauntings are "recordings."- LOYD AUERBACH, interview

#4 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,397 posts
  • Interests:Life

Posted 29 September 2013 - 02:24 AM

It could also mean some unseen entity is trying to get attention form the humans living there?
Posted Image

#5 TheresaRHPS

TheresaRHPS

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 11:54 PM

We have an old family story that my grandma passed down to me. Like most West Virginia Appalachians, a good hunk of my genealogy comes from Ireland and Scotland. When my grandma was little, she actually grew up in an area settled by Irish immigrants. It was on the twisty, steep "roads" of the mountain where she lived where most of the sightings of the Lady in White took place. Many members of my grandma's family, including two older sisters who died young, related seeing the apparition of a faceless, smoky-looking woman with long hair wearing white right before their deaths. The apparition was seen gliding across the road in front of the "victim," and was ONLY seen by the person who was surely to die within a few days time. Since it only happened to people in this particular family, as opposed to it being a regional thing, my grandma's family started saying it was the family banshee. Oddly enough, however, the family moved away from that area shortly after the death of my great-aunt, Thelma, in the 1930s...and the apparition was never seen again.

Anyway, I've had friends and family who have experienced the classic crisis apparitions at or around the time of death of a loved one, have heard bells ringing, or some of the more accepted death time visitation signs, lol. Me, on the other hand, I've experienced a black dog. Well, not ALL the dog. Prior to the death of family and even family pets, members of my household, including myself, have seen the big, bushy black tail of what looks like a HUGE dog disappearing around the corner.
Huntington Paranormal Investigations and ResearchCheck out my website

#6 LycanGhost

LycanGhost

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 354 posts
  • Interests:Knitting and crocheting, scrapbooking, reading, listening to music and singing

Posted 25 October 2013 - 11:30 PM

We have an old family story that my grandma passed down to me. Like most West Virginia Appalachians, a good hunk of my genealogy comes from Ireland and Scotland. When my grandma was little, she actually grew up in an area settled by Irish immigrants. It was on the twisty, steep "roads" of the mountain where she lived where most of the sightings of the Lady in White took place. Many members of my grandma's family, including two older sisters who died young, related seeing the apparition of a faceless, smoky-looking woman with long hair wearing white right before their deaths. The apparition was seen gliding across the road in front of the "victim," and was ONLY seen by the person who was surely to die within a few days time. Since it only happened to people in this particular family, as opposed to it being a regional thing, my grandma's family started saying it was the family banshee. Oddly enough, however, the family moved away from that area shortly after the death of my great-aunt, Thelma, in the 1930s...and the apparition was never seen again.

Anyway, I've had friends and family who have experienced the classic crisis apparitions at or around the time of death of a loved one, have heard bells ringing, or some of the more accepted death time visitation signs, lol. Me, on the other hand, I've experienced a black dog. Well, not ALL the dog. Prior to the death of family and even family pets, members of my household, including myself, have seen the big, bushy black tail of what looks like a HUGE dog disappearing around the corner.

Wow! That would freak me out, Theresa!

Posted Image

Cry Havoc! And let loose the Dobermans of war!

My knitting and crocheting blog.

Life is too short to take seriously, none of us get out of it alive.

Each morning when I open my eyes I say to myself: I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be.Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it.

http://www.nomorerack.com/?cr=9281971

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users