5 replies to this topic

#1 cathylj73

cathylj73

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,027 posts
  • Interests:Animals, paranormal, Kids

Posted 07 October 2013 - 08:50 PM

I posted something to this effect on another topic and thought it might be a great question to ask others. Do you thing that being a sensitive or someone that can see or feel spirits can be passed down thru blood? Growing up I always since a young age been able to feel/see spirits ,ghost around me. I would feel both negative and positive around people They would come to me in dreams and while I was awake. But in my area growing up if you so much as talked about this (it was early in the 60's) they would lock you up or call you crazy. I did once try to talk to my dad about it and he more or less told me to stop the foolishness. Blamed it on bad nightmares and so on. Being I was adopted at the age of 2 and not knowing my biological side till well into my 20s. I never knew my true birth heritage. Once I found my biological side I was in contact with an aunt that has told me that I'm over half native American, a lot of my past relatives were shaman and elders of the tribe. Do you think this can be passed down thru blood even though you are not "raised" with them? I know this sounds confusing but it is something I have wondered a lot about. Any Ideas?
Posted ImagePosted Image(facebook) cathyld73@yahoo.com

#2 White Witch

White Witch

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 555 posts
  • Interests:Spirits, Photography, Paranormal Programs, Old Homes and Cottage Life

Posted 11 October 2013 - 08:52 AM

I have been told that my great grandmother had the gift of site and healing. So in my case I would say yes I believe it does. I think my son would have had second site if it had been allowed and not discouraged by his father.
Right this way to my haunted space.

#3 soulrunner

soulrunner

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 85 posts
  • Interests:gardening is my hobby and one of my jobs

Posted 16 October 2013 - 08:17 AM

my elder sister "sees" things my mother does to, and my grandfather was constantly telling me about things he saw. My grandfather Passed away in 1991 and he has visited me several times since his passing mostly in dreams but once I was awake when he came back. Since my grandmother/his wife died in 2011 I have only seen them twice in dream. Once when my grandmother asked me why I had not told her when she was alive about the "other side" and once when they came to see me for a weeks holiday. So basically yes I do think it is passed on. In fact I would go further, I think you can pass on nightmares to your children. For years I used to have a nightmare about being trapped in a giant spinning bin, I would get stuck and it would spin around really fast and as a child it really scraed me. I had this dream on and off for almost 20yrs. One day I was driving in my car with my father and we got talking and he related a tale to me about when he worked at a local factory before I was born, he told me how part of his job was to climb inside some giant cylinders and clean them out. One day he was inside and his work mate accidently closed the door on this cylinder and my father panicked as it began to spin around. His workmate heard him shouting inside and quickly opened the door, my father said he was badly shaken up and had to take the rest of the day off. I never told my father about my dream but once I heard his story I reconized my dream and I never had it again.

#4 White Witch

White Witch

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 555 posts
  • Interests:Spirits, Photography, Paranormal Programs, Old Homes and Cottage Life

Posted 17 October 2013 - 05:33 AM

That must have been uncomfortable to realize the dream was about him.

Edited by White Witch, 17 October 2013 - 05:33 AM.

Right this way to my haunted space.

#5 LycanGhost

LycanGhost

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 361 posts
  • Interests:Knitting and crocheting, scrapbooking, reading, listening to music and singing

Posted 25 October 2013 - 11:38 PM

I do believe it can be passed on, since both my parents have told me about what they've experienced, especially when my paternal granddad passed on about 6 or 7 years ago.

Posted Image

Cry Havoc! And let loose the Dobermans of war!

My knitting and crocheting blog.

Life is too short to take seriously, none of us get out of it alive.

Each morning when I open my eyes I say to myself: I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be.Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it.

http://www.nomorerack.com/?cr=9281971

#6 colink2209

colink2209

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 25 April 2014 - 12:10 AM

Some of us do not have the gift of sight or are able to communicate with them, but still feel the presence of spirits

One is a feeling coming up in your legs from your feet if there is a spirit present, 

Two is a tightening of the skin on one's face and also the tightening of the scalp on your head.  sometimes only one half of your face or head

Of course the feeling almost every one has is the shudder up your spine, the raising of the hair on your arms and goosebumps 

But I wish we could learn and communicate better and have a better knowledge of the spirit world, not all are bad or scary.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users