Some of My Experiences

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 White Witch

White Witch

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 542 posts
  • Interests:Spirits, Photography, Paranormal Programs, Old Homes and Cottage Life

Posted 16 October 2013 - 05:52 AM

I don’t really remember when I became aware of spirits, otherwise known as ghosts. I recall being frightened by stories when at the cottage, ‘the man with the golden arm’ and such. I can’t say when my first encounter with one was but for argument purposes let’s say thirteen, twelve on the safe side.

It was shortly after the death of my mother’s father. I cannot remember who but I was called down stairs, you see we lived with her parents. I was leaving the living room to proceed along the short hallway to the top of the stairs to answer. There half way along the hall was my grandfather’s face, only his face. It came towards me then disappeared. I am not sure of the time frame though a couple of years later he came to me in a dream. He had shown me a book laid out on the basement table. It was open to a page but I could not see what was typed on the page. The following day I went down to the basement expecting to see nothing but there on table lay a book open. Thinking back I feel I did not read the pages thoroughly. I was so unnerved I couldn’t believe it and kept this to myself. Although in finding this book I found his business cards. I wish I had taken the time to read the pages and understand what he had wanted. I have only seen him a couple of times since.

My father’s father has only appeared once that I can recall. He was a mist that moved across a winter scene that hung on our living room wall. My memories of grandpa are a man who would play find out which hand. If I guessed right or wrong there was always a quarter for me. He was the center of the family when visiting. I remember being told he walked every day until hospitalize at 95. Unfortunately I do not recall his thick Scottish accent as I should though being the baby of the family memories are not as sharp due to my age at said time.

Strange now thinking my father’s step mother has never visited that I remember. The strongest memory of Gran was before she passed. It was said she passed then was brought back upon which time my parents were told, “If I go again please don’t bring me back it is so beautiful there.” When she passed again her wish was granted. Seeing her in the coffin I remember how peaceful she looked. Gran was the only grandparent I seen in a coffin after passing.

Edited by White Witch, 16 October 2013 - 05:55 AM.

Right this way to my haunted space.

#2 soulrunner

soulrunner

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 83 posts
  • Interests:gardening is my hobby and one of my jobs

Posted 16 October 2013 - 07:59 AM

My first "encounter" was when I was about six or seven yrs old I used to see a strange small mist at the top of the stairs where we lived. I remember at the time I called it the "green hand" because I did not want to scare my sisters or myself to be honest. Of course nobody believed me and it is now close to 40yrs since we moved from there. I still have no idea what it was but I have seen and sensed many more things since then.

#3 White Witch

White Witch

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 542 posts
  • Interests:Spirits, Photography, Paranormal Programs, Old Homes and Cottage Life

Posted 16 October 2013 - 10:21 AM

That's cool.

I don’t really remember when I became aware of spirits, otherwise known as ghosts. I recall being frightened by stories when at the cottage, ‘the man with the golden arm’ and such. I can’t say when my first encounter with one was but for argument purposes let’s say thirteen, twelve on the safe side.

It was shortly after the death of my mother’s father. I cannot remember who but I was called down stairs, you see we lived with her parents. I was leaving the living room to proceed along the short hallway to the top of the stairs to answer. There half way along the hall was my grandfather’s face, only his face. It came towards me then disappeared. I am not sure of the time frame though a couple of years later he came to me in a dream. He had shown me a book laid out on the basement table. It was open to a page but I could not see what was typed on the page. The following day I went down to the basement expecting to see nothing but there on table lay a book open. Thinking back I feel I did not read the pages thoroughly. I was so unnerved I couldn’t believe it and kept this to myself. Although in finding this book I found his business cards. I wish I had taken the time to read the pages and understand what he had wanted. I have only seen him a couple of times since.

My father’s father has only appeared once that I can recall. He was a mist that moved across a winter scene that hung on our living room wall. My memories of grandpa are a man who would play find out which hand. If I guessed right or wrong there was always a quarter for me. He was the center of the family when visiting. I remember being told he walked every day until hospitalize at 95. Unfortunately I do not recall his thick Scottish accent as I should though being the baby of the family memories are not as sharp due to my age at said time.

Strange now thinking my father’s step mother has never visited that I remember. The strongest memory of Gran was before she passed. It was said she passed then was brought back upon which time my parents were told, “If I go again please don’t bring me back it is so beautiful there.” When she passed again her wish was granted. Seeing her in the coffin I remember how peaceful she looked. Gran was the only grandparent I seen in a coffin after passing.

In the days following her death it was not unusual to hear her calling for me. I would reach the top of the stairs and sadly remember she was gone. The voice was so real to me.

I occupied the back bedroom with the staircase to my grandparent’s kitchen and would awake to my grandmother on the stairs. I would hear the familiar sound of her crutch followed by the sound of her foot step, having had knee surgery at one time. I heard this sound a couple of times in the years after her death.

The first dream in which she came to me my grandmother explained she could not come back. I pleaded with her to. Once again grandma repeated she could not. At this point she was in a wheel chair moving away from me. She told me that there was someone I should be close to. Then I grabbed and turned the chair to stop her from going…a friend of mine at the time was now sitting in the chair.

In the next dream grandma brought me to a large room filled with clothes. Some I knew from my childhood like my satin p.j.s and a few other items. Next we past a black velvet jacket and beside it on the wall, was a skirt. Two years later a boy I was seeing bought me that suit without him knowing the dream. There was also a wedding dress displayed on the wall which I later purchased for my first marriage.

The third dream I was in an elevator with grandma and my sister. Grandma said someone is pregnant and it was her coming back. She and my sister looked at me then grandma and I looked at my sister. A surprised look came across her face. Three months later my sister informed the family she was pregnant. When I repeated my dream to her she became slightly uncomfortable and half-heartedly dismissed it. Though mother did request I leave out the part about her coming back as the baby. I believe I did tell her years later though.
Right this way to my haunted space.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users