Are you partying Halloween?

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 White Witch

White Witch

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 555 posts
  • Interests:Spirits, Photography, Paranormal Programs, Old Homes and Cottage Life

Posted 17 October 2013 - 05:26 AM

Who is partying this Halloween and what are you going as?Posted Image
Right this way to my haunted space.

#2 soulrunner

soulrunner

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 85 posts
  • Interests:gardening is my hobby and one of my jobs

Posted 17 October 2013 - 09:09 AM

I am not partying but I do always put out pumpkins on the front garden and set up an 8ft ghost behind my front door. As the kids come to my door I slowly open the door hiding behind it and the ghost has a moveable hand. The kids expect someone to be standing there but instead they are confronted by a giant "ghost". The whole street know I do this and it is always in good fun and if any youngester gets scared I always switch on the light and show them that it is just basically a sheet over a ladder with a plastic skull and hat and a bamboo cane with a rubber hand attached to it that I move. The kids love it and the parents seem to get a kick from it to, and after 5yrs I have never had a complaint.

#3 autumnbelle

autumnbelle

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 516 posts
  • Interests:Am curious about almost anything . . .

Posted 17 October 2013 - 09:58 AM

We are going to have a small dinner party with some close friends - probably a vampyre theme - and hand out candy to the trick-or-treaters. With construction still going on at the house, I'm not sure how much we will be able to decorate, but I'm planning on some fog machines and a few graves here and there. Maybe some moving spiders and ghosts behind the stacks of bricks. We will be volunteering on the nights leading up to Halloween at a Haunted Forest fundraiser - time for dark wigs and blood dripping makeup!

Eat, drink and be scary. ~Author Unknown

#4 White Witch

White Witch

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 555 posts
  • Interests:Spirits, Photography, Paranormal Programs, Old Homes and Cottage Life

Posted 17 October 2013 - 10:37 AM

Soulrunner that sounds cool. I've seen people scare little ones and not care it's nice that you do. autumnbelle I trust the fund raiser will be a success and that your party will be fun.

#5 CaveRat2

CaveRat2

Village Elder

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,564 posts
  • Interests:Serious Research and separating the truth from the hype in the paranormal field today.

Posted 17 October 2013 - 03:31 PM

No plans at this time.

#6 White Witch

White Witch

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 555 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 12:36 PM

I'd like to go out and some pictures of houses all decked out for the evening.

#7 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,397 posts
  • Interests:Life

Posted 19 October 2013 - 11:50 PM

We don't celebrate Halloween.
Posted Image

#8 TheresaRHPS

TheresaRHPS

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 11:48 PM

My brother in law is having his annual Halloween party on the 26th. I have to miss it since I'll be working--my group is hosting tours that weekend. My boyfriend and I live across the street from his brother, so we always host the after-party. The regular party is family-friendly and usually breaks up by 9pm. The adults without children and some of our out of town guests continue the party at our house until the wee hours with the added benefit of alcoholic beverages served, lol. I'm hoping I'll get home in plenty of time to enjoy the after-party.

As for dressing up, I'm really not sure what I'm gonna do this year. Most of the elements in my costume closet no longer fit me. If I can't find the pieces for putting together a "Men in Black" costume this week, then I'll probably just resort to wearing my Civil War re-enactment dress...and possibly add a witch hat, lol.

Trick-or-treat is on Thursday the 31st. I usually take my son around the neighborhood while my boyfriend stays at home at hands out candy...we might reverse that role this year! My son is gonna be the red bird from Angry Birds and I'll probably wear whatever I end up wearing for the party.

Edited by TheresaRHPS, 20 October 2013 - 11:51 PM.

Huntington Paranormal Investigations and ResearchCheck out my website

#9 carlotta

carlotta

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 952 posts
  • Interests:Tarot, gardening, hiking, Victorian literature, cats, European travel

Posted 21 October 2013 - 08:44 AM

France isn't into Halloween, except in the American expat spots.

I'll be up in the UK at an event held by a friend at a hotel. There may be hauntings there, since it's old. It's her birthday and she wants to do a paranormal event to celebrate.
Who owns the land? Only the land knows. We mortals are passersby, and our lives are but a brief moment in the great span of time and space. We are born, we live out our lives, and most of us do the best we can with it, but the wind is forever, and the rivers flow forever to the sea, and all the seasons of the weathers will come and go after we are gone. But the Earth endures, the Earth is eternal" - Earl Hamner

#10 Zulphur

Zulphur

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 39 posts
  • Interests:My interests span from a huge variety of things some of these are..
    Music, B - horror Movies, HI - FI, Reading, Travelling, computers, meeting new interesting people like you?

Posted 27 October 2013 - 11:20 AM

I´m definitely going to party.... i am going as myself no need to dress up when you already look like a ghost
"That is not deadWhich can eternal lieYet with strange aeonsEven death may die."'(H.P. Lovecraft)

#11 White Witch

White Witch

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 555 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 10:50 AM

Think we may end up staying home and watching movies.

#12 White Witch

White Witch

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 555 posts

Posted 17 February 2014 - 11:49 AM

Long way off it Halloween I know but I've thought I might try steampunk this year. I really like that look.

#13 autumnbelle

autumnbelle

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 516 posts
  • Interests:Am curious about almost anything . . .

Posted 17 February 2014 - 05:42 PM

Costume and decor? Steampunk is perfect for sophisticated Halloweens!

Eat, drink and be scary. ~Author Unknown

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users