• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 CaveRat2

CaveRat2

Village Elder

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,564 posts
  • Interests:Serious Research and separating the truth from the hype in the paranormal field today.

Posted 12 November 2013 - 08:30 AM

For anyone wanting to build inductive pickups for EVP research I have compiled a report on some of the design requiements. It is too long to post here but is available on my website at www.jimsdestinations.com/paraqst21.htm

Comments welcome, and may be added as an addendum if applicable.

#2 greg_dragonlvr

greg_dragonlvr

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 196 posts
  • Interests:Camping, wilderness adventures, ancient engineering, modern physics and electronics, martial arts and native cultures.

Posted 24 December 2013 - 12:35 AM

Is the intent to have all axes tuned the same?

Can't Fall Off the Floor

#3 CaveRat2

CaveRat2

Village Elder

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,564 posts
  • Interests:Serious Research and separating the truth from the hype in the paranormal field today.

Posted 01 January 2014 - 09:20 AM

Yes. All thre should be the same and mounted on their respective X, Y, and Z axis. Each sensor has its own preamp and these are summed after the amplification to minimize the possibility of a loading effect of one on the others.

#4 greg_dragonlvr

greg_dragonlvr

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 196 posts
  • Interests:Camping, wilderness adventures, ancient engineering, modern physics and electronics, martial arts and native cultures.

Posted 04 January 2014 - 09:32 AM

Thanks. Drives me nuts in this little burg to have to go on-line to get any kind of components. Lately, have just been trying two identical recorders, one having the microphones disabled. Results as expected, nothing.

Can't Fall Off the Floor

#5 CaveRat2

CaveRat2

Village Elder

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,564 posts

Posted 04 January 2014 - 11:46 AM

Actually getting no results in a few attempts is encouraging! It is verifying the probability orf stray interference getting in is low. Fact is when someone claims to get EVP every time they try I am very skeptical. My average over the last 6 years has been about one per every 1,000 hours of recording. (This is with high end recording equipment with RF shielded amplifiers and inputs well grounded, (low impedance, balanced for common mode rejection). I question some of the garbage people claim to be getting. But when something comes in on a high end system you will know it. No questionable noise or second guesssing what it might be!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users