1 reply to this topic

#1 kats_god

kats_god

Has a problem with gas?

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,380 posts
  • Interests:Art

Posted 09 December 2013 - 01:54 AM

Are there still any paranormal investigation teams still out there? Was it just some fad everyone got into because they saw it on tv? What are your thoughts on this subject? Do you think Ghost Hunters and other shows like it kill the real paranormal field?

Check out my artwork at:http://www.jimdemick.com/
and on Facebook
Posted Image https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Art-of-Jim-Demick/261669903877527

Posted ImagePosted Image

"There are some things money can't buy...A good imagination is one of them

#2 greg_dragonlvr

greg_dragonlvr

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 196 posts
  • Interests:Camping, wilderness adventures, ancient engineering, modern physics and electronics, martial arts and native cultures.

Posted 24 December 2013 - 09:51 PM

There are groups about, although you are right about the thinning. This little town has 3 active groups left. There are a couple of factors involved, most of which are not bad at all. A lot of "groups" were in the action due to the media nonsense. But unfortunately for them, the TV does not show the multitudes of hours and the tons of work that goes into even a few seconds of potential evidence. And they don't have production crews to provide music, sound and maybe special effects that goes into the shows. So the cheap equipment goes in the closet or on ebay and they end up on the couch getting spooked in front of the flat screen or going to the pay-per-view haunted venues.

There is another factor I can't quite pinpoint. There are only so many public places to check. The requests for investigations are becoming less frequent. I am not sure if the amateurs have soured the pot with their silliness or ppl are less willing to get involved. I do know that some groups are unwilling to deal with some of the more 'out there' requests. They are not medical or psychiatric professionals.

Edited by greg_dragonlvr, 24 December 2013 - 09:52 PM.

Can't Fall Off the Floor

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users